I love & hate my VR4
By 4wheeldrifter on
1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD
What I love: The control and performance in all types of weather, especially bad weather. It is difficult to break the tires loose in pouring rain and near impossible in dry conditions. With good tires, even snow and ice do not take away confidence. Sensible upgrades and strict maintenance have kept my VR4 reliable and safe. It's always been fun for me to outrun, outcorner or outbrake other cars with over confident owners. For over thirteen years I haven't been able to find a more capable car that sells for less than $100K. What I hate: Self-serving Mitsubishi warranty reps and irresponsible company policies. The fact that nobody makes a comparable car that sells for under $100K.
Favorite Features
Acceleration. Cornering. Braking. Feeling safe and in control while doing so (after making my own modifications). A good looking body style even after all these years. It's still fun to drive. Leaving "new generation" Corvettes, M3/5's E55's and others behind when they paid to be in front.
Suggested Improvements
Synthetic oil. I've had to spend quite a bit of time and money to fix obvious design flaws in the engine, oil delivery, brakes, seat belt and driveline components. Now, the car is the way it should be. Why does Mitsubishi make cars with the same, known safety and performance flaws year after year?