2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Overpriced

2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic)

Overpriced
By JM on

2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Good, safe, quality car way overpriced due to dealers ordering with every possible ridiculous option. For example-"ambient lighting" which I thought cheap/cheesy-something I might have liked when I was 16 rather than an adult. Nav. system is $2000-buy garmin instead or plug laptop into included outlet and use mapquest on the 3+ yrs of wireless you could buy w/ $2k you save. Nav. system includes dvd player that of course only works if you are in park because you can't be trusted that only passengers and not the driver will watch. 10Gig hard drive to hold all your music but only transfer is one CD at a time (no ipod/MP3 xfer), about 10 min/CD. No backup when hard drive fails! Bargain hard!

Favorite Features

I like rugged look. Best mpg anywhere for 4WD although you will NEVER make up savings even without all extra crap they load on this car unless you keep 150k+ miles. I had to buy off lot so got $3500 unwanted options to get $4500 clunker savings. Govt will now let you order-too bad for me, good 4 u.

Suggested Improvements

- Increase production and/or allow people to order with fewer options - Provide more/better music xfer options - Make the fold away mirrors really fold away completely instead of just a little. - More storage: where should I put my jumper cables? Glove compartment can barely hold the owners manual.