2006 Mazda MPV 3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 2 years old -19 mpg

2006 Mazda MPV - Consumer Review

2 years old -19 mpg
By Mom on

2006 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

All the Mazda's have a problem with the transmission where it feels like you got hit by another car. It's the transmission shifting. It only happens every few months, but they won't fix the problem. The gas mileage is lower than they say at 19 mpg with part highway and part in town. If it is all freeway, and you drive 60 or less, you can get 24 mpg. I got that once. Overall I love the van, but the gas is too expensive now, so I'm selling. No other problems have ever occurred, and I have 24,000 miles.

Favorite Features

The way the seats easily fold down, or come out. It is easy to pick up large items. The ride is very smooth, and visibility is great. The rear air is WONDERFUL! It cools down fast. The kids don't fight easy because the seats are separated in the middle row. That alone is worth it.

Suggested Improvements

FIX THE TRANSMISSION! Stop telling everyone you can't repeat the problem, so you won't fix it. Does Mazda even drive this van? HELLO! If they did, they could fix it! I think they are just to CHEAP to repair the problem.