2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:
Love It
By Becky on 08/10/06 15:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought it for my husband but I drove it for a week and totally fell in love with it. It is so fun and I feel very secure behind the wheel. We had first ignored it because of the size but then took it for a test drive. As my husband is tall, we just thought it wouldn't work. We were very wrong. He had lots of head room and was very comfortable. We bought it within a few hours.

Initial Review
By Steve on 08/02/06 09:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

The warranty on my BMW 325Ci was up, so I was looking for something new. With a kid on the way, I needed 4 doors and an automatic, but didn't want to give up a nice, fun, comfortable ride. I checked out the competition and found that the IS 250 was right in all areas. Good quality all around. Good price. Good features. Highly recommended for sporty drivers who also want luxury and a comfortable ride.

Does it really need Z rated tires?
By pbpayroll2003 on 07/21/06 17:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love the car. Great looks and comfort. However, not impressed with the performance tires. They are noisy at low speeds and seem flat in sharp turns. Have had them checked and seem to be a characteristic of these type of tires.

Very pleased with IS purchase
By Black IS 250 on 07/20/06 21:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am very pleased with my IS purchase. My IS has Lexus reliability, good gas mileage & drives effortlessly. I repeatedly find nose prints on the windows left by interested admirers! Ventilated seats are terrific for the TX summer. I actually look forward to the commute in this comfortable vehicle.

This car IS amazing!
By Chase on 07/17/06 05:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I looked around at several different luxury cars from the Acura TL to the Infiniti G35, but I went with the Lexus IS. I haven't regretted it at all! This car is amazing, from the quality to total Lexus experience. The single best thing I like is just Lexus as a whole. I love the free car washes for life, and the free loan cars when you take your car in for service (which doesn't happen often). The IS is a great car, and I will never buy anything other than Lexus again!

11,000 Mile Review
By CBP on 07/10/06 20:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned by IS 250 since October, 2005 and have 11,000 miles on the odometer. The vehicle has undergone the following repairs in addition to routine maintenance: 1. Reinstallation of leaking dip stick tube. 2. Replacement of seat belts as per manufacturer's recall due to lock up. The best gas mileage I have experienced is 36 mpg on a trip where the average speed was 50 mph. At 70 mph the average mileage is 32 mpg. In town I am averaging 26 mpg.

Grrrrreat Car
By Tian on 06/22/06 16:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is one fun car to drive. Love the navigation, the push button start, and feeling I am sitting in the cockpit of an airplane... Love the way the car knows I have the keys in my purse and opens the locked door when I reach for the handle.... very cool.

Should have test driven the car more...
By Linh on 06/18/06 21:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Initial presentation/design excellent. Ride/handling tradeoff poor compared to best in class; ride is too busy/abrupt for actual handling precision and ability. Electric steering numb. The relationship between dash/windowsill height and seat height makes visibility poor in the name of style and pedestrian safety standards. The transmission, while smooth, is easily confused and is generally delayed when a downshift is required. Engine is smooth and adequate but transmission makes it feel flat-footed. Various technology is advanced and easy to use.

BLACK ONYX IS 250
By Trina on 06/15/06 14:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am in love with this car. It is beautiful and it is so fun to drive!!!

Lexus IS250 RWD
By cmusic on 06/07/06 13:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is an excellent entry level luxury sedan. Good power with above average fuel economy. Lots of standard features and price made it my pick over the comparible BMW 3 series and Mercedes C class sedans.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.