2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan Consumer Reviews 12

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:
is 250 Early Ownership Review Updated
By CBP on 01/31/06 17:03 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am updating my early ownership review to report that the dealer found the source of the burning smell coming from the engine. The dip stick tube that screws into the engine block was loose and leaking oil onto the hot exhaust manifold. The dealer repaired the leak by using teflon plumber's tape to reinstall the dip stick tube. I have not experienced any further problems with the vehicle to date. The dealer's original report of an oil leak from the valve cover was incorrect.

Nice car for the money
By taskforce20 on 01/31/06 14:37 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car for more than a month and I've already gotten 3300 miles on it. It's great car. Styling is excellent. I always prefer luxious over performance so this is right car for me. I don't complain about the back set since this is compact sedan. What do I expect? If want more space on the back, buy GS 300.

Awesome car!!
By Mseabra75 on 01/29/06 21:22 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Like everything: stylish, good mileage, nice features (keyless entry, iPod lynk, wheels, etc)

My wife has new competition
By Toby on 01/15/06 20:57 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very exciting car to drive. The style alone speaks leaps and bounds over the past IS designs. The interior has been designed with soft full leather seating and a tastefull mix of rich maple wood/stainless steel accents found in the GS models. The car's exterior is an "attention getter." The body of the vehicle is very sleek and the lines are well defined. The 18" wheel option is a must for any IS owner. The wheel design does a great job of complimenting the IS styling. Go test drive one, guarantee you'll buy it!!!

Amazing!
By Sammy on 01/13/06 12:58 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I researched the TL, G35 and the 3 series, this car surpasses all of them by far. You get so many options and you can't beat the luxury and the coach leather heated/venalated seats!!

A "Head Snapper"
By R.T. Lichtermann on 01/13/06 10:45 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

My fourth Lexus after three M/Benz's and a very early Porsche 911 ('65). Have only 500 miles on the IS 250 but it corners like it is on "tracks" and can certainly get out of it's own way in traffic. Single criticism - a little too sophisticated with 15 personal adjustments of whistles and bells. Has taken me three weeks of studying to become familiar enough to have adjustments made (requires Lexus Tech.)

Young and Elegant
By waslen on 01/06/06 01:19 AM (PST)

Driving Lexus IS 250 is a blend between luxury and sport

What a Feeling
By Richard on 12/30/05 23:03 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned numorous cars across the board (BMW 530, Lexus ES300, Acura, etc..). There has not been a car that has even come close to the feeling you get from driving the new IS 250 AWD. The car stands out like no other. And to top it off, you are in a LEXUS. What more can you ask for. Before the new IS came out, I was torn between the Acura TL and the infiniti G35 Coupe. Once the IS was finally available to test drive, I was so thankful that I waited. I would of been truly disappointed if I would of bought one of the other cars. Not that they were bad choices, but in my eyes, they are not even in the same league.

I LIKE IT!!!
By JIM BOHANNON on 12/24/05 16:10 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Although I drove the 350, which was a treat, I bought the 250. It is everything most adult males wanting a sport sedan could wish for. If you need super-dooper acceleration, buy the 350. Most people get the 250.

Love This Car
By D Lexus on 12/18/05 01:58 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought myself the new IS 250 AWD - love this car. Owned the old style IS before this and there is no comparison. The new IS is amazing and makes the old one look like a joke. Would recommend this car to everyone.