2006 Lexus IS 250 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:
LEXUS IS 250-AWD
By Natsukashi on 03/13/06 19:28 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car is sure footed and evokes confidence and a sense of security on the road. Pure power under control. When I need speed I've got plenty to spare to kick my head back. The F1 style shifters are a great feature and are not the gimmick I originally thought they might be. I use it to slow the car up when I have erratic drivers in front of me. Lot's of "Wow" factor in this car.

IS 250
By Tracie on 02/28/06 15:04 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car over a month ago and I love it. It handles really well, and is extremely quiet. I looked at other vehicles in the same class, but all the standard features and the look of the IS won me over. This is a great car that is really fun to drive.

GREAT RIDE!!!!
By Rhonda on 02/20/06 22:32 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love everything about my new IS 250 AWD it's sporty, fast, elegant and fun. I went from an SUV to this and let me tell you I love taking the corners. The first week I drove this car I noticed someone gave me a thumbs up that was standing on a corner. If anyone is considering buying this vehicle you will not be disappointed by any means....

Great Car for Me
By SteveM on 02/19/06 21:32 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I read how the IS 250 was "underpowered" and that I should go drive the BMW 325XI, so I did, and I still bought the IS. Main reason was the quiet interior and how I could enjoy the ride and sound of the audio system together. I also test drove both cars at dusk into night, and found the red dash and info center of the BMW very hard to read. The car surpasses all my expectations on comfort and handling. As for being "underpowered" it's more than enough car for me, looking down at the speedometer on the interstate and seeing 80 without even knowing it amazes me. The handling on our local back roads is also a great experience. One more thing, it was $4,000 less than a similar BMW.

Love at first test drive!
By Bianchina on 02/16/06 13:01 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Initially, we were in the market for a BMW 3series. But my husband nudged me to just consider the IS as well. It impressed me so much that it was a no brainer to get this car. And i managed to get it well below MSRP! Mine is glacier frost with the sports option and navigation. People really stare at this car. The handling is great, i dont even realize that I am speeding half of the time. It's comfortable, reliable and i take the longest route to get home. Now we are planning to change our SUV and Lexus will defintely be our 1st choice. There was actually nothing to choose from options as almost everything that i needed comes standard. LEXUS IS could only get better from here.

Underpowered :(
By Dan on 02/04/06 15:49 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was a happy owner of an IS 300. I couldn't wait for the new ISes to come out in AWD because I go skiing up in VT all winter. Why, why why did Lexus make the IS 250 only 204hp???? It's less than its predecessor the IS 300 and weighs close to 500bls more. This car is very slow off the line and is out performed by every car in its class. If you don't have to drive in the snow then the IS 350 is the car you want. You will be disappointed with the acceleration of the IS 250, unless you don't care about that of course.

Sweetness
By LKarpinen on 02/02/06 15:37 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

When you look at the vehicle it feels like a Luxury Sports Car. The interior feels like you are in a cockpit. It feel smooth and handle great at high speeds around curves, keyless entry is great, would recomend to anybody.

IS 250
By Chris on 02/01/06 10:44 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Paint finish is excellent; The 18s make a little noise but then most large tires do. I found the nav to be too busy. I was watching the road less and pressing buttons. Standard radio is great the bass will shake the mirrors. I’m ok with that. The paddle shifting is silly. If you want to shift buy the manual. I’m tall 6’3’’ and I find the interior ample for the size of the car.The rear has as much legroom as my GS400. I do not consider this IS 250 auto to be a sports car. It is a sporty sedan that is fun to drive. The IS 350 is closer and is much more exciting to drive. I however would get into trouble with that much pedal response; the car is just fast. The 250 handles great for a midsize sedan

is 250 Early Ownership Review Updated
By CBP on 01/31/06 17:03 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am updating my early ownership review to report that the dealer found the source of the burning smell coming from the engine. The dip stick tube that screws into the engine block was loose and leaking oil onto the hot exhaust manifold. The dealer repaired the leak by using teflon plumber's tape to reinstall the dip stick tube. I have not experienced any further problems with the vehicle to date. The dealer's original report of an oil leak from the valve cover was incorrect.

Nice car for the money
By taskforce20 on 01/31/06 14:37 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car for more than a month and I've already gotten 3300 miles on it. It's great car. Styling is excellent. I always prefer luxious over performance so this is right car for me. I don't complain about the back set since this is compact sedan. What do I expect? If want more space on the back, buy GS 300.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.