Used 2012 Lexus ES 350 Base Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Lexus ES 350 - Consumer Reviews

2012 Lexus ES 350

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (8 reviews )

All Around A Great Experince
By U.S. Coast Guard

2012 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

While I have not owned my car since new, it has been such a great experience from both the performance aspects of both the car and the dealership, Lexus of Omaha.

I have been a loyal Buick owner for 15 years and when it came time to replace my Park Avenue Ultra, I cringed. Buick no longer makes the Park Avenue and I have not been thrilled with their latest offerings. Reliability and longevity were my criteria in selecting my new car. So many people that have owned a Lexus product swear by the reliability of the cars. One owner I talked to was on their third Lexus having got 430,000 miles on the first one, and 375,000 miles on the second with no transmission problems. Consumer reports also rates the Lexus brand as having a good track record for reliability.

I chose to go with a pre-owned Lexus ES 350 with 44,000 miles. Having the warranty from the Lexus dealer was added peace of mind. The ride comfort, low cabin noise level, and acceleration made missing the Park Avenue for just those reasons relieve me from my angst. Driving is part of my job as a manager and all-around comfort and performance are of major importance.

The other aspect of owning a Lexus has been the experience of how I have been treated by everyone at the dealership, especially Rob, the general manager. I had reservations about not driving an American made car, but the way the dealership has gone out of their way to make sure I was happy has been absolutely exceptional and without peer in my all my years. This is the way we used to do business in this country by taking care of the customer, and in my mind, this removed any anxieties I had of not buying an American car.

My fiancee having been witness to my experience, decided to get a new Lexus from Rob and his team. In doing so, she gave up the albatross of high cost of ownership that comes with every BMW, where the cost of service borders upon being absurd.

I am so totally sold. The dedication and service that Lexus of Omaha has shown to me by exceeding my expectations makes the dedication to the Lexus product and people all that easier and gratifying.

lexus Es is very good
By jim

2012 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

ive had an ES then a GS and then the current one. Everything on it works as new at 77k miles. The nav system is so so but no other complaints. Fuel Econ is very good and maintenance is minimal. The finish is good and the pAint shines so far without wax. My buds make fun of it cause it's boring car. It is but I still like it. For 10-11k more you can get a GS which has more sexy lines but the ES is a better value .
update 3/25/2016. At 90k, this car is smooth as silk. No complaints. Great long drive car. very quite and the mpg is 30+ if all highway.

Don't Buy the Navigation System for This Car
By usmcstrategist

2012 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our fourth Lexus. We bought the last three new. Until this model, we liked the car, the value, and the features, even though the latter are pricey.

Our beef is with the navigation system. The Obamacare people could do better. A $270 voice-activated off-the-shelf Garmin 2797LMT runs circles around this $2,600 rip-off. It's awful.

Based on what I've read about the 2013-14 models, nothing has changed. That affirms the arrogance of Lexus USA executives. Another tell-tale sign: If one calls the 800 Lexus number, one learns that Lexus management refuses to give the phone reps the tools to do their jobs: they can't see my instrument panel on their monitors. Therefore, they can't help.

Gas mileage is excellent. And we like the satellite radio, though it's pricey.

Fire the Lexus senior executives. Outsource the navigation system to people who do navigation systems for a living. Then get rid of the Obamacare people who designed the current system.

Amazing Car
By mplueger

2012 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd Es 350, 2005,2009, now 2012,the exterior has never looked better, bought 2012 because did not like interior of 2013 coming out in August.The ride is quite and very comfortable, standard sound system is fabulous . car now uses regular unleaded, previous Es 350's required premium, car is quick,quite and reliable,get many compliments on the way my car looks, bought dark gray. Sticker 39.109- worth every penny.Got a great deal from Bredemann Lexus in Glenview Illinois [non-permissible content removed].

exterior styling and stereo

All wheel drive

WATCH OUT FOR THE PAINT
By scotish1

2012 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I did all my research before I bought my 2012 Lexus ES350, heard nothing but good things and heard nothing about people having paint issues. I have owned only high end cars most of my life, so I am on the compulsive side when it comes to maintaining my vehicles, I do not use car washes,I have my cars profesionally detailed, do not drive on dirt roads and so on well, I have so many scratches on my Lexus, I stopped counting!! it has less then 4000 miles on it, and it looks like a five year old car. Looked it up on the computer and found they had a class action law suit do to paint problems.

almost 40 grand for inferior paint, you should be ashamed!! and please do not tell me it is because of water based finishes the auto industry, has implemented, I have other cars, not one scratch!!!