My first 1200 miles...
By dr_chill_2013 on
2014 Kia Cadenza Premium 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)
This past weekend I took my first road trip (800mi rnd trip); I was more than thrilled with how it handled. It’s seriously autobahn ready! The Cadenza was solid at all speeds 70, 80, 90+. No matter the speed, it continued to accelerate with very little prodding; and the steering remained precise/accurate. MPG: On the 1st leg I avg’d 28.7mpg, on the 2nd I averaged 28mpg; I was NOT driving economically. :) In the city, I have averaged 22mpg so far. The features and appointments crammed into this car are ridiculous! To get the same size of car, with the same features, I would have to spend at least $15K more. In short, there are no dancing rats anywhere near this car; it is a joy to drive!
Favorite Features
When not listening to the satellite radio or streaming music from my iPhone, there was very little road noise and it was easy to have a quiet conversation. The nav and entertainment system is intuitive and very responsive, and the voice recognition is the best I have used. Favorite feature: While there are so many, I really enjoyed the rain-sensing wiper blades. As it rained periodically and at various intervals, I didn't have to mess with the wiper blades as the wipers automatically turned themselves on and adjusted their speed basis the amount of rain or water hitting the windshield (in the case where I passed the occasional Semi). The cooled driver's seat was super comfy!
Suggested Improvements
Items to watch: 1) Even though the seats are very comfortable, after several hours my wife’s back started to hurt as the front passenger seat did not have an adjustable lumbar support. The driver's seat was comfortable, and everyone in the backseat was nice and comfortable. 2) The headlamps did not automatically turn on when it rained (I guess it wasn’t dark enough), so I had to turn them on manually. 3) Other complaints, I may have driven too fast/aggressively for her liking as the car just wanted to go faster :) I rated reliability as a 5, as it's hard to beat the warranty (best in class) and the free standard maintenance for 3yr or 37,500mi is a nice perk to boot!
By minus200
on 07/04/13 14:30 PM (PDT)

A few weeks ago I went to the dealership to take a look. I was very surprised to discover it was difficult for me to get in and out of the car. While sitting in the front with the seat all the way down my hair was touching the sunroof. I am only 6 ft tall but I do have a long torso. One of the reasons I was surprised is that I own 2 Kia Amanti and have been super pleased with both. I just got back from a trip to LA and Las Vegas from Alabama and the car performed flawlessly as it always has and it has 115,000 miles on the 2007. My wife's 2008 has only 24,000 miles and does not drive any better than mine. I was seriously considering a purchase but I may take a look at the Azera or Genesis. Outside chance I may consider an Equis but unlikely since living on a fixed income requires long term planning. I hope the model works out for KIA but the sales people still have no idea how to talk with people looking at $40,000 KIA just like they had no idea how to talk to customers buying a $32,000 Amanti back in 2007 and 2008