2011 Infiniti G Convertible G37 Sport 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)
Issue with this car: the convertible feature is very delicate. My experience dictates that once the roof starts giving any kind of trouble (and chances are it will, multiple customers reporting issues), there is very little a user or the company can do. I am struggling with multiple roof issues for past 2 years, including rattling noise (now it makes noise even driving on interstates with perfect roads), irritating alarms, false coding on the sensors, timing disturbances of the motor mechanics etc. Its literally one after another. Contacted DOM service, and Infiniti consumer affairs, no real success. Seems like its a new technology for Infiniti and needs significant improvements.
1. Sound system: you can't beat that
2. Overall interior designing and aesthetics.
3. Manual transmission and drive. Very good at the corners. The acceleration response is almost immediate, except during the first 2000-3000 rpm.
1. I believe that Infiniti's lack of expertise in operating convertible roof pretty much downplays any positives in this car. Literally my car had been to dealership 1-2 times a month for some mechanical issue, and no one seems to understand the problem, and blame game continues. Improvement in this aspect is the key for future success of this car. Everything else is manageable, but just for the sake of mentioning:
2. Install sensor in the trunk which detects presence of any object.
This will prevent roof damage if user tries to operate it while trunk is not completely empty.
3. Remote start
4. Redesign the trunk so that there is some meaningful space once the roof is down.