Wow - Couldn't be happier!!
By vanessa5 on
2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Gray Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)
Just purchased the 2012 Veloster - Fully Loaded with Style and Tech package white/grey leather combo. This was the ACTUAL car at the OC auto show that I fell in love with less than 24 hours before! On the drive back to the office, I got SEVERAL blinding stares on the freeway, including a few waves as well and thumbs up signs! I'm a bit of a car fanatic - this is actually my 3rd car in addition to a 350z and 2011 Ford Edge, and I can honestly say this car is as fun to drive as my 350z. Doesn't have the same power BUT the handling and grip to the road is superb. For having every option and getting out of the dealer for ~25k, I feel like this is a bargain and a HUGE bang for your buck!!
Favorite Features
Navigation, Moonroof, unique back end styling, gas mileage, feel of the interior (like a cockpit)
Suggested Improvements
NONE THAT I CAN THINK OF!!
By koreanconvert
on 10/02/11 02:52 AM (PDT)

I agree vanessa5, just purchased a few days ago and couldn't be happier with the car. Comfortable and fun to drive with expected great gas mileage. Have been stopped and car admired almost everywhere.

By gls1
on 10/28/11 10:26 AM (PDT)

Im glad you love the car I also own a 350Z and a classic 1991 mr2. I bought this for my wife and she likes it mainly for the style. I only pointed out the flaws of the car which some of the national publications also pointed out. Ours has the style package and we got out of the dealer ship for under 19k. . My way of thinking is I got an accent but it looks better, but the accent is 200 lbs lighter. Just saying I would have paid more for 20 more horses

By vanessa5
on 12/26/11 11:40 AM (PST)

This is my follow up review 3 months after purchasing the Veloster. If you are interested in having a car that gets constant glances and comments from passerby's then this is the car for you. If you have a personality towards cars that is described as 'practical' vs. 'enthusiast' I would probably recommend you pass. I too was at first disappointed with the gas mileage. However after taking my first long road trip to Vegas (about 300 miles each way) I found that I averaged well over 40 mpg so not bad. Sounds strange but from my experience (car now has 4k+ miles) the mpg got better after around 3k miles. I don't know if there was some break in period or what but now I get around 32-34 around town after first averaging in the mid 20's. Car also has squeaky breaks which drives me crazy but I plan to get this fixed at my next dealer visit. It's fun though and I do appreciate the wow factor that the exterior styling promotes and the now many funny stories I have had with experiences of what I call "Veloster groupies." :-) Services are also pretty slow at the dealer...I haven't ever had to wait 2 hours for an oil change except now. This could be completely unique to my dealer or across Hyundai not sure.