2006 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: Better Than the Envoy

2006 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic w/Navigation)

Better Than the Envoy
By jdah3 on

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded 2004 Envoy for my Pilot. So far, pretty good. Nothing has gone wrong that affects performance, anyway. Been to the dealer for clips in front seats (seat backs were squeaking). Brakes grinding and sound horrible, but told "They're fine, they're just not Honda". Passenger R side of seat doesn't heat. I still feel good getting behind the wheel. Feels very solid, sure, and safe. No issues with leather as others have had. No engine or transmission problems. Radio/nav work beautifully.

Favorite Features

Color. Roominess. Comfort. Number of cup holders. Third row is actually usable. Quality of leather. Touchscreen radio and navigation system. Backup camera. Six disc changer. Sunroof. Number of power outlets. Hidden storage in back. Ease of handling.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise horrible. Rough ride. Why did they not heat the whole passenger seat and make it pwr like the driver's side? Dual climate should be standard. Move wiper control. My husband and I hit it when shifting and it sprays. Power up/down hatch. Auto on/off headlights.