Used 2009 Honda Civic LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

buy this car
By Brian

2009 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2009 civic sedan lx 5spd manual I purchased new ...336,005 miles later it has never had a single thing break (minus the a.c. somewhat recently). Mileage was always a calculated 40mpg up until it for real old and now I get 36mpg. I just had all major suspension components replaced because I hadn't ever replaced a single thing. Didn't need to...mechanic said all were in acceptable condition. I don't know what would possess ANYBODY to buy a GM, Chrysler or Ford when you can have Honda and Toyota quality. I will buy this exact same car again. Detroit cars are fine as long as you unload them before 80k and 4 years. Absolute junk beyond that. Honda is the way to go. Period.

30K miles and excellent so far
By Great Civic

2009 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I will have about 200K on this car in 4 years...have driven 30K so far and there are no issues what so ever. I get 38-41MPG combined (improved from 35 when purchased). The car handles well and is very comfortable with the exception of the location of the E- brake. Be very careful...this bothers me personally on long trips. No issues whatsoever at 30K. The Goodyears are crappy and wearing down. The stereo has one speaker that vibrates (I don't care). System sounds decent enough. I can plug in my ipod, love that. Stick shift is smooth and very sweet with adequate power. This car has been exactly as desired so far. I expect the build quality to stand above most other brands.

ipod plug, shifter, fuel economy (38- 41MPG? seriously? What's a hybrid for?), appearance is flashy, dash is very appealing to me with digital easy read display, good interior fabric, quality materials

Emergency brake location (digs into knee and leg), no trunk release on key for LX 2009, the terrible quality of stock Goodyears.

• SUV