Used 1990 Ford Thunderbird SC SC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

SC 3.8L V6 Supercharger 5-speed Manual - (8 reviews )

One of the best I ever had
By Big Dog

1990 Ford Thunderbird SC SC 2dr Coupe

I''ve had several Fords and two T- Bird. My first was an `85 that lost an argument with a snow plow. I ordered a bright red 1989, but it came it was white; I said I'd take it only if they painted it red. They refused but ordered it again; I received it as a 1990. I wasn't disappointed. Great looking, great handling (smaller turning radius than my wife's Subaru). Living in Chicago and New York I mainly drove my T-Bird long distances, and they were dream drives. I once rented a non-SC for 3 weeks while shooting a Rte. 66 documentary. It was good, but my SC was far better. Wish I had it now, but times changed and I aged, so I donated it to charity.

Favorite Features

Power, handling, looks, not necessarily in that order.

Suggested Improvements

Better paint job on the bumpers. Every time somebody bumped me, the paint cracked, even with the "flex" included. My biggest suggestion would be to bring it back, and make me 21 again, the way I felt while driving it.

Birds Fly!
By Franky_402

1990 Ford Thunderbird SC SC 2dr Coupe

I bought this car on my birthday, and the five speed is awesome. I have killed many a Mustang in this car. It was very advanced for its age, and well thought out! Some people complain about the head gaskets. I would rather replace those than the whole engine block! Moonroof, cd player, power everything, ke, auto belts, very smooth ride and turning!

Favorite Features

CD player, moonroof, 5 speed, pretty much everything is perfect!

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders, not a single one. I guess Ford didn't want anyone to drink and drive

Old Faithful looking a little worn
By A-in-CT

1990 Ford Thunderbird SC SC 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car since 1991. Drove in in hard winters--repainted it once and got a new bumpter. The only thing that went wrong in 13yrs was an alternator, an oil leak and cosmetic stuff. The engine runs terrific--- still can go 100 up a big hill with no issue :) These are great and fun cars-- if you are ever thinking of buying one. Its just kind of sad this car is considered "old"..I remember when I first drove it up to work and it turned peoples heads...now people look at it and turn their head (hahah)

Favorite Features

ergonomics for driver, auto seats, 320ft/lbs torque, big trunk, fold down trunk seat (35th ann edition)

Suggested Improvements

no auto seatbelts (almost chopped head off plus now the thing is stuck in "ding ding ding" land)

Thunderbird sc
By turbospeed

1990 Ford Thunderbird SC SC 2dr Coupe

great car , it will be perfect if ford didnt cut the cost so much visit www.sccoa.com for more info

Favorite Features

5 speed tranny great handling

Suggested Improvements

better interior , if possible get a 94- 95SC

my car
By cindy

1990 Ford Thunderbird SC SC 2dr Coupe

bought this car at an auction,very reliable and fun to drive,easy on gas and low maintaince....few problems overall but low cost in servicing..

Favorite Features

styling,comfort and handles like a lotus elan...very powerful

Suggested Improvements

more snaps and fasteners in the doors and interior panels..a typical ford quark.