2010 GT500, an owners perspective
By Ford Guy on
2010 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)
Having just moved from a 2009 GT500 to my new 2010 GT500 I was able to honestly evaluate the improvements made by Ford on this car over previous years. The car surpassed all of my expectations with regard to styling and performance. The interior is of much better quality and design with the new shifter garnering high marks. The suspension and clutch are noticeably improved over my 2009 and the car drives and handles much better. Fuel economy at 65 mph is an honest 22.3 MPG with cruise control on, and better than my V-6 truck!
Favorite Features
1.Interior design and quality. 2.Increased horsepower 3.Suspension and handling 4.Rear mounted antenna (no more CB antenna on front fender) 5. Exterior design is beautiful and a real head turner.
Suggested Improvements
1. Build quality A. GT trim ring installed in error B. Poorly fitting hood and rear bumper C. Paint flaws/missing paint in engine bay and right front bumper at fender joint line. D. The rear axle of my car was heavily rusted when delivered, much worse than my 2009 which was also rusted.