2000 Ford Excursion Consumer Review: Excursion

2000 Ford Excursion - Consumer Review

Excursion
By brooks on

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased my Excursion while trading in my F-150 to tow my 21' boat and 33' camping trailer and also needed the extra room (have 4 children). I could not be more pleased with the Excursion with it's towing capacity and room. My ford has the 6.8 Liter V10 and has tons of torque. The seating arangement is great. I had to pick up some items so I removed the 3rd row seat and had lots of room while still having the 2nd row available. The 3rd row seat could not be more easily removed... a quick pull on the latch and it rolls right out the back on it's built in rollers. The 2nd row seats then simply fold down if more room is needed.

Favorite Features

Torque, Torque, Torque. Pulling my 21' boat (about 5000 pounds)through fairly hilly terrain and the Excursion never came out of overdrive. The seating is also excellent. Interior lets you forget you are in a large (F250 frame) SUV with 4WD.

Suggested Improvements

For the "Limited" version I would have thought it would have came with more "Goodies". The options are fairly sparse for this level of vehicle. Auto Climate Control and headlights at least.