2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
By MCM on 04/03/07 15:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I love this truck. The only thing that could improve would be the gas mileage. It actually only averages about 13-16 miles per gallon. It handles well, very comfortable, quite roomy, and attractive to the eye. Love it!

1 MPG per Cylinder
By Up in Smoke on 04/03/07 10:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

What a fun truck. It is without a doubt the baddest truck ever built. My biggest complaint is when people ask me how I like that Hemi engine. Maybe if the "viper powered" decal was bigger that wouldn't happen. Brakes are the best of any car, let alone truck out there. handling is great, for a truck. Ride is stiff, but not bad. I'd rather tow with my diesel Ram, so I do. The SRT is just for hauling around town. 0-60 is good, 0-120 is great, 70- 120, not so good, but it is a heavy brick wall to move through the air at those speeds. Buy one and step up, this is the only truck a true "car-guy" can drive.

2005 4X4 RAM
By Ed Skinner on 02/17/07 11:47 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

With 53K plus miles so far, very satisfied. Manufacturer over-torqued front wheels so rotors got warped. Dodge mechanic states valve train noise is normal. Stock tires are a little "floaty" on curves with bumps. No out of pocket expenses yet other than maintenence.

I would marry this truck!
By Better than a man... on 01/30/07 20:36 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I absolutly love this truck. The looks you get, the power it has. This truck will put you back in your seat! I don't think I will ever sell it. I got the black one and it looks really sharp, but hard to keep clean. That is the only thing I would change.

Dodge Bighorn
By Lost Again on 01/26/07 18:35 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Very comfortable truck. Seats give lots of support for long trips. Plenty of power for towing. Not a single warranty problem since purchase

Ford guy buys Dodge instead
By Axel Z on 01/22/07 15:41 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have always grown up with Ford trucks. I drove a new F150 and was not impressed. Not much of a Chevy fan. Real trucks don't wear bowties! Had a few smaller Nissan trucks also. Titan was a close second but much more in price. I rented one and that sealed the deal. Hemi has great power and gas mileage is decent for size and power. For short distances, not so good 11- 13mpg. Highway I have had up to 22mpg avg is 18-20!

Can't be beat
By DVP16 on 11/22/06 19:45 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I drove Chevy trucks for years. When I test drove the Ram I realized what a truck should be. The Hemi is by far the best aspect of the truck but the fit and finish is solid also. Anyone driving a Ford or Chevy should take a Ram Hemi for a drive and feel what a real truck feels like.

Pure Fun
By KURT HOFFMAN on 11/20/06 18:24 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

What can I say that has not already been said? It is pure fun and excitment to drive, and it sure makes heads turn when you drive by. I had to get used to how well this "truck" handles. It bounced me around because the response is so fast and exact. I love it and don't plan on replacing it any time soon.

Noisy ride.
By Ken Wickstrom on 10/29/06 09:01 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've noticed that on a windy day you must turn up the radio to block out the outside noise. I'm always checking the doors to see if they are closed tight. It seems like the manufacturer forgot to complete the rubber seal on the doors, although the seals all seem to be attached. I've noticed when the cruise control is on the speed fluxuates sometimes ten to twenty miles an hour on uneven roadways. I've also noticed a slipping or some unexplained shift problem between second and third gear while the transmission upshifts during acceleration.

Love my truck
By Leif Gregory on 10/12/06 11:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought it with a four inch lift and 33" BFG M/Ts. The 5.7L Hemi gives it a nice punch although the factory muffler has really quieted it down. The truck feels very solid and stable even with the 4" lift. For a light duty 1/2 ton, I've been very happy with it.