Used 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

2005 Dodge Ram 1500, 5.7 liter Hemi Quad Cab, SLT
By lee5720

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck new and have never regretted it. I like it very much. The ride is very comfortable and the dash board controls are easy to understand and easy to reach while driving.

Favorite Features

This truck came with a sprayed in bed liner which is great. It beats those plastic drop in liners. I like the sliding rear window and the storage under the rear seat. There is ample foot room in the rear seat. The arm rest storage unit between the front seats is large and easy to get into. The ride is smooth and does not feel like a truck at all. I haven't towed anything yet, but there is no doubt this truck will handle the load. The gas mileage isn't too bad for a 5.7 Hemi (11 in town and 15 on the open road. The ONLY thing that has ever gone wrong with this truck is a burned out brake light (which isn't even a problem).

Suggested Improvements

The only suggestion I might make to help improve this vehicle is to add a couple extra interior lights lower, below the heater controls so the drink tray and ashtray are more visible when driving at night.

By First & Last Dodge

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

The specs: 4.7 magnum, auto, rwd, quad cab, sb. Have had the truck for 5 weeks. Truck has been in shop for 11 days. Work completed: head gaskets (2), timing chain, radiator replaced and water pump. Have had the truck back for a week and the check engine light is now on. On the up side the truck gets 16 mpg mixed driving, rides fairly well and looks good.

Favorite Features

The truck looks good. Gas mileage is satisfactory. 4.7 does have plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability and build quality

Great versatile truck with 4.7L
By amf

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased a used quad cab with the 4.7 L and the 5 speed auto. It had the 20" wheels, which the dealer traded out for me to the chrome 16's. Dynamite combo; this gives you the 4.7 L with 3.9 gears and standard wheels which == good towing (7k), good power and good mileage (16-18 HWY). I've towed tractors, horses and building materials for 3 years with no repairs. Better truck than any ford I've ever had.

Favorite Features

The five speed auto is smooth and sure. The bed size is perfect; I wanted a quad cab with a USABLE bed and this is the best one on the market.

Suggested Improvements

none

Real world review, no bias
By jcmalibuboats

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Do not purchase this truck, they die at 62,000 miles. Bought mine new in 2006, maintained a perfect service record, and I was rewarded with nine trips to the dealership over the years for different issues. I am not a "brand" guy and this has no impact on my review, but in the interest of full disclosure I will never by another Daimler Chrysler product again. The dealer service is poor and was nearly a victim of consumer fraud at College Station Lithia Dodge.

Favorite Features

Seats

Suggested Improvements

All basic mechanical operation, transmission, driveline seals, bearings on drivetrain and wheels, differential, and transmission filter. If you are a brand guy you will ignore this review anyways, but if you are not, do not make the same mistake that I did. Pay the extra money & get something else

BANG FOR THE BUCK
By Bonez

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

My dad bought me my grey dodge ram with hemi and laramie, its beautiful. i've raced the new chevy v8 vortec and beat it without skipping a beat. the hemi just kills anything, i have used it for hauling my dirtbikes and driven it super rough cuz im a teenager. gas mileage is decent but i wouldnt trade it for the power. when we bought the truck we were suppose to get free lifetime oil changes then the dealership went out of business.

Favorite Features

can you say HEMI? leather, 20 inch rims, breaking power, and the womanizer but borat has a different word for that. seat heaters, tinted windows, payload and towing capacity. ITs a stand out in the crowd!!! get one they're cheap

Suggested Improvements

sound system, stock tires, anti slip,more comfort in the cabin for the seats. needs air suspension, and xm satellite