2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
2005 Dodge Ram 1500, 5.7 liter Hemi Quad Cab, SLT
By lee5720 on 12/13/10 12:29 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck new and have never regretted it. I like it very much. The ride is very comfortable and the dash board controls are easy to understand and easy to reach while driving.

By First & Last Dodge on 08/01/10 05:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

The specs: 4.7 magnum, auto, rwd, quad cab, sb. Have had the truck for 5 weeks. Truck has been in shop for 11 days. Work completed: head gaskets (2), timing chain, radiator replaced and water pump. Have had the truck back for a week and the check engine light is now on. On the up side the truck gets 16 mpg mixed driving, rides fairly well and looks good.

Great versatile truck with 4.7L
By amf on 06/17/10 13:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased a used quad cab with the 4.7 L and the 5 speed auto. It had the 20" wheels, which the dealer traded out for me to the chrome 16's. Dynamite combo; this gives you the 4.7 L with 3.9 gears and standard wheels which == good towing (7k), good power and good mileage (16-18 HWY). I've towed tractors, horses and building materials for 3 years with no repairs. Better truck than any ford I've ever had.

Real world review, no bias
By jcmalibuboats on 03/30/10 18:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Do not purchase this truck, they die at 62,000 miles. Bought mine new in 2006, maintained a perfect service record, and I was rewarded with nine trips to the dealership over the years for different issues. I am not a "brand" guy and this has no impact on my review, but in the interest of full disclosure I will never by another Daimler Chrysler product again. The dealer service is poor and was nearly a victim of consumer fraud at College Station Lithia Dodge.

BANG FOR THE BUCK
By Bonez on 05/14/09 13:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

My dad bought me my grey dodge ram with hemi and laramie, its beautiful. i've raced the new chevy v8 vortec and beat it without skipping a beat. the hemi just kills anything, i have used it for hauling my dirtbikes and driven it super rough cuz im a teenager. gas mileage is decent but i wouldnt trade it for the power. when we bought the truck we were suppose to get free lifetime oil changes then the dealership went out of business.

Happy Hemi Owner
By R Brockhaus on 08/30/08 14:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd Dodge Truck the first was a 1999 SLT 360 cubic inch Quad cab. I now have 45,000 miles in 3 years on this 2005 Hemi Laramie and it has never been in the shop that I can recall. The miles are probably 50/50 city highway, with 1/2 the highway pulling a Bass Boat.

Brian's review
By brian on 03/10/08 16:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Excellent all-around truck for work, commuting, and getting the family around. Very comfortable to drive, with power seating option. Great visibility in poor weather on the interstate as compared to a previous GMC that sat lower to the ground. Tows very well with excellent stability. Corners very well with 20 inch wheel option. Stops on a dime. Never felt more in control when driving a truck. No mechanical problems of any kind with over 47K miles on this truck. I just had the brakes checked at my last service interval and they had about 60% remaining on the pads, so it's definitely a low maintenance vehicle. The 4.7L V-8 is adequate, but the Hemi would be even more fun.

My new to me Ram 1500
By Hot Pockets on 01/29/08 13:11 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I wanted to get back into a truck, so I started researching different trucks online. I've had 3 Ford's, 2 Chevy's, 2 Jeep's and 1 Nissan Frontier. I'm really a Ford guy, but their gas mileage stinks! Dodge's popped up and I saw that they get better gas mileage than my Grand Cherokee. I've had my '05 1500 for a week now and I love it. I got the Hemi and the gas mileage is actually pretty good. My Dad is a Die-hard Ford guy and just bought a brand new F150 and now wants to trade it in for a Ram because he likes mine so much. I test drove a few 4.7L Ram's and if you really are looking for the best gas mileage out of any trucks, that's the one to get. It's not the same as the Hemi, but it'll go!

Second time
By TRode on 06/28/07 10:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second Ram, had an 2003 SLT RW drive. Use primarily for towing boat and travel trailer, never thought the trailer towing package did not include limited slip rear, but true! One or two days on the ramp when wet told me I needed 4X4. Now have the Laramie package and 4X4. Love the truck, '05 has much less engine roar than 03 (Hemi in both), sometimes miss it but appreciated on long trips. Towing is the ticket with this truck, will tow anything, anywhere! Currently pull 28 ft travel trailer (6800 lbs) and 24 ft boat (6000 lbs) and get between 10-11 mpg!! Have to go 55-60 to do that and not "hemi" away from lights, as my wife would say. Used to get 6-7 with Chev 1500 w/350.

2005 Dodge Ram 1500
By MCM on 04/03/07 15:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I love this truck. The only thing that could improve would be the gas mileage. It actually only averages about 13-16 miles per gallon. It handles well, very comfortable, quite roomy, and attractive to the eye. Love it!