2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Looks good but I think I have a lemon
By dkidd on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

The truck ran good until I hit the 28,000 mile mark where I started to run into engine problems. Looking on www.alldata.com, a internet resource that shows common errors with all makes and models, I found the symptoms I was experiencing. The dealership updated my computer and repaired a couple things. Since then I have been bringing it back just about every month. The lastest trouble was when I was running at 60 and the truck just cut out. The truck only has 34,000 milies on it what kind of build quality is that?

excellant truck
By mopar88ram on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab WS 2WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

alresdy have 63000 miles on it and have'nt had any problems. love the truck

Great truck
By wampus cat on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

No problems. Great truck. Comfortable on long trips. Not much room in back seat,adults would be a little cramped.

I love it, but beware!
By JIMMYRP on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I bought the Dodge 1500 Ram SLT Laramie in March 01. No problems until this year Feb 04, with 1 month left to go on the waranty and 28500 miles the trans began to slip. The truck was tied up for two weeks at the dealer before they finally agreed to repair it. The front tires wear on the outside even though i rotate every 3000 miles and had the front end adjusted at 12000 and 20000 miles. The front wheel bearings will be next I guess.

Big and Fast
By I like big trucks on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have the extended cab 5.9L SPORT, I LOVE IT! Itty bitty girl, in a big truck, but hey, it works. I have yet to lose a race =). Flowmasters are a definate must b/c Dodges have a distinct low rumble... yummy. Very roomy in the interior and under the hood, I love working on it. Lacks in rear seat space, pulls to the right, and I have a squeeking noise coming from the front, I just turn up the radio though. Fast for a big heavy truck, and so many extras to put on it. Only thing I hate is the gas mileage. I average 13 mpg. I'm sure racing doesn't help that either though...

Power Ram 1500
By jsipe on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Truck has been virtually trouble free for 32,000 miles (I'm on the 3rd driver's side master power window/door lock switch). Driver's side shock absorber bolt loosened once. Upgraded to 17" rims and Bridgestone Dueler/AT Revo tires and much happier. Gas mpg is 10 mpg in winter using 4wd and 18 mpg using 2wd on interstate(acceptible for V-8 truck).

good sofar
By ramifications on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have 34000 miles on my 4by4 slt with the 5.9 in it.Most impressed by its offroad prowess.I remember the first winter i had it.It snowed 17 inches in 1 day,and on a small residential road leading to a recreation area,only half was plowed.The other half had a good 2 ft of snow.Anyways,i drove right thru the 2 ft of snow like a hot knife thru butter.No problems to date.One minor irritation.It has a slight pull to the right.Could be a design flaw,as numerous accounts of this occurance,and no remedy that i know of.

Ram review
By Rfranklin on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Club Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

This has been a very reliable vehicle. I normaly trade every year but because of the overall perormance of this truck I have had this one almost three years. I've had two factory recalls one for a loose power cable that wasn't loose and one to replace the clock spring in the steering column. I had one door speaker that failed in the first 30 days and the latch on the rear fold up seat didn't work when I accepted delivery from the dealer. That was also repaired. Other than that I haven't had to have anything but routine maintinance to the truck. I would recomend this truck for anyone needing a full size truck.

1500 ram 2wd
By robert peirone on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD LB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

had 1988 dodge ram 100 this 1500 is far better how ever gas mileage was about 2 mpg better on 1988 model both have 318 motors

Mighty Dodge
By anitoli on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Since purchase no problems at all. Gas mileage good (probably due to manual trans) Does everything it is supposed to do. No frills st model only way to go. $8,000 less than slt, and less to potentially go wrong. 4wd works great in all type of conditions.