2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
LOVE LOVE LOVE MY DODGE RAM!!!
By lovinbeinamom on 04/30/14 22:19 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

My husband purchased this truck for me in 2002 as an anniversary present, it is the best gift he has ever purchased for me! It is now 2014 and I now have 220,000 + miles on it. It is by far the best vehicle we have ever owned! The v8 has plenty of power, fun to drive, reliable, roomy and comfortable. We replaced the transmission at about 120,000 and have put a radiator on it but that is it. Great truck! I can not say enough good things about it. I truly love my truck! It has kept me safe when was hit in the side on 3 different occasions and then on the 4th when a drunk driver hit me. I feel safe it this truck. I praise God 1st and foremost but I am thankful for the quality the truck

Trading 2001 Dodge for Ford
By karjam on 01/16/12 07:06 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Purchased or 2001 Dodge with only 26,000 miles on it and purchase Dodges "Platanuim" extended warrenty coverage for extra $1900 cost. The best they offered. Within the first year cracks began forming on dash. Took for warrenty but turns out Dodge purposally excluded interior because they used poor quality plastics for years 1999-2003! They tried to tell us is was due to sun exposure...even though truck stays under cover! Has only 52,000 miles on it. Runs like new and looks like new until you look inside. Whole dash is gone! As is the glovebox and all the overhead added storage details! Cheaply made and then won't stand behind it. Trading for a Ford!

Definitely a decent truck
By cdizzie on 04/27/11 06:48 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I had my 01 RAM passed down to me a few years ago when my grandfather had gotten the new 2010 F150. It was a great truck and has been through a lot over the years. However it also had over $2000 of work done to it to keep it running. Rebuilt transmission, replaced rotors, brakes, tires, all kinds of pumps and wire, plus all kinds of stuff I can't even remember. But nothing you wouldn't expect from a Dodge truck, especially at 10 years old. All-in-all, it was a good truck, and really sturdy. The V6 Magnum wasn't too powerful, but it lasted the life of the truck and still pushes to this day, at 140,000 miles. If only the fuel economy didn't suck.

Grab life by the HORNS!
By xmoparmanx on 04/24/11 18:13 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Club Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck a month ago so this review is more for the looks and performance not maintanance records etc. Towing: good so far we towed my friends small horse trailor with it and it wasnt a problem at all. Cabin: Nice. usually the dash from what i hear is the worst thing on these trucks but mine works just fine exerior looks: great looks like a truck. thats all that matters. Speed and performance: great everytime i step into my truck and turn that key theres this loud rumble and girls look at me. its a great feeling. or when i put the pedal to floor theres this montrous roar coming from the powerful V8 engine it is honestly the best sound i have ever heard. It is a beast!

Truck minded
By tdb on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD LB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

116,000 miles. Great truck. Work, hunting, fishing. Etc. Great interior, lots of room. Dash problems? No. The 5.2 lacks some power on highway (5 spd manual) lot of shifting especially in hills (mountains). Overall great truck, plan on owning another (diesel)

I love this truck
By John H on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I bought mine used 3 years ago with 70k, now she has 90k. I've had to replace the power steering pump and rear bumper -- rust is an issue with these trucks. Other than that, she starts up and runs like a charm. I have a 7.5' Western plow and she plows like a champ.

Great dependable ride
By charles on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD LB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

The V8 is peppy,handling good. Turning radius could be better. Dependable, access to bed and cab good, under hood items easy to see/access. Dual exhaust sounds great, fuel mileage better w/duals. My wife loves this truck and says it is easy for her to operate, she's 5ft tall. Good truck.

Must be a great truck still!
By jesusfreak on 09/04/10 03:53 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I owned a 2001 dodge ram 1500 for about a year and had to sell it. I am actually in the process of buying another. I was very happy when I had mine. It had plenty of power,drove great and was very comfortable. I did have a bad taste about the gas but who doesn't. I am just surprised that this rating is so low for this vehicle. I mean if gas and a CRACKED DASHBOARD is all there is to complain about? I mean I didn't know the dash had an effect on drivability. Just get a cover like I did.

Great Truck But Needs Work
By helo_scorpio on 05/04/10 09:51 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

This is an awesome truck. I have put over 90,000 miles on it since I bought it in 04. The Tranny just went out thanks to the Tq Converter at 166,000. Really good for this crappy tranny. I currently have a friend not just rebuilding it but doing it all the way. Everyone who has Tranny problems replace your tq converter with your tranny. I hate the dash. My water pump died at 100.000 and my right front hub bearing went at 100,000. But after all that I love this truck. I have driven it across this country 4 times and about to again. Very comfortable, plenty of power. Tows well past its rating and still hooks even with a bad tq converter. Again awesome truck. I will be driving it for along time.

I love it!
By Russell on 03/24/10 10:56 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck in 09 only prob was the transmission but other than that i love my dodge ill drive it till the wheels fall off.