Used 2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

10 Years of Great Service
By Kurt

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab WS 2WD LB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle 10 years ago (8/05) and it has given me great service. The only repairs I have done are ones I would expect to do (alternator, master cylinder, water pump, ball joints, shocks, brake lines). I have heard about problems with cracks in the dash. Mine only started cracking 2 years ago, but is getting bad. Overall I can't believe that I have had a vehicle for 10 years and had no major problems. It currently has 97,000 miles at 14 years. I know that the next vehicle I get won't give me the service this one has, and that makes it hard to part with, even though I need to due to lifestyle changes.

great truck but it may burn
By Mr. Hardware

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD LB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

this had been a great truck that said even after the recall repairs in 2002 some will still burn and you will likely be driving it when it starts

LOVE LOVE LOVE MY DODGE RAM!!!
By lovinbeinamom

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

My husband purchased this truck for me in 2002 as an anniversary present, it is the best gift he has ever purchased for me! It is now 2014 and I now have 220,000 + miles on it. It is by far the best vehicle we have ever owned! The v8 has plenty of power, fun to drive, reliable, roomy and comfortable. We replaced the transmission at about 120,000 and have put a radiator on it but that is it. Great truck! I can not say enough good things about it. I truly love my truck! It has kept me safe when was hit in the side on 3 different occasions and then on the 4th when a drunk driver hit me. I feel safe it this truck. I praise God 1st and foremost but I am thankful for the quality the truck

The v8 motor is great with plenty of power. I also love the spacious cab.

Nothing, I love the truck the way it is.

Trading 2001 Dodge for Ford
By karjam

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Purchased or 2001 Dodge with only 26,000 miles on it and purchase Dodges "Platanuim" extended warrenty coverage for extra $1900 cost. The best they offered. Within the first year cracks began forming on dash. Took for warrenty but turns out Dodge purposally excluded interior because they used poor quality plastics for years 1999-2003! They tried to tell us is was due to sun exposure...even though truck stays under cover! Has only 52,000 miles on it. Runs like new and looks like new until you look inside. Whole dash is gone! As is the glovebox and all the overhead added storage details! Cheaply made and then won't stand behind it. Trading for a Ford!

Truck drives like a truck...love that! Has a nice tough look.

Dodge needs to stand behind what they produce.

Definitely a decent truck
By cdizzie

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I had my 01 RAM passed down to me a few years ago when my grandfather had gotten the new 2010 F150. It was a great truck and has been through a lot over the years. However it also had over $2000 of work done to it to keep it running. Rebuilt transmission, replaced rotors, brakes, tires, all kinds of pumps and wire, plus all kinds of stuff I can't even remember. But nothing you wouldn't expect from a Dodge truck, especially at 10 years old. All-in-all, it was a good truck, and really sturdy. The V6 Magnum wasn't too powerful, but it lasted the life of the truck and still pushes to this day, at 140,000 miles. If only the fuel economy didn't suck.

.The cab room .Good mirror view .Tough truck

.Transmission wasn't too good. .The fuel economy, no matter how much it says on the website, or on the manual, the most I ever squeezed out of the truck was 15 to the gallon.

• SUV