Used 2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Dodge Ram-pickup-1500 - Consumer Reviews

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

LOVE LOVE LOVE MY DODGE RAM!!!
By lovinbeinamom

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

My husband purchased this truck for me in 2002 as an anniversary present, it is the best gift he has ever purchased for me! It is now 2014 and I now have 220,000 + miles on it. It is by far the best vehicle we have ever owned! The v8 has plenty of power, fun to drive, reliable, roomy and comfortable. We replaced the transmission at about 120,000 and have put a radiator on it but that is it. Great truck! I can not say enough good things about it. I truly love my truck! It has kept me safe when was hit in the side on 3 different occasions and then on the 4th when a drunk driver hit me. I feel safe it this truck. I praise God 1st and foremost but I am thankful for the quality the truck

Favorite Features

The v8 motor is great with plenty of power. I also love the spacious cab.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing, I love the truck the way it is.

Trading 2001 Dodge for Ford
By karjam

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Purchased or 2001 Dodge with only 26,000 miles on it and purchase Dodges "Platanuim" extended warrenty coverage for extra $1900 cost. The best they offered. Within the first year cracks began forming on dash. Took for warrenty but turns out Dodge purposally excluded interior because they used poor quality plastics for years 1999-2003! They tried to tell us is was due to sun exposure...even though truck stays under cover! Has only 52,000 miles on it. Runs like new and looks like new until you look inside. Whole dash is gone! As is the glovebox and all the overhead added storage details! Cheaply made and then won't stand behind it. Trading for a Ford!

Favorite Features

Truck drives like a truck...love that! Has a nice tough look.

Suggested Improvements

Dodge needs to stand behind what they produce.

Definitely a decent truck
By cdizzie

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I had my 01 RAM passed down to me a few years ago when my grandfather had gotten the new 2010 F150. It was a great truck and has been through a lot over the years. However it also had over $2000 of work done to it to keep it running. Rebuilt transmission, replaced rotors, brakes, tires, all kinds of pumps and wire, plus all kinds of stuff I can't even remember. But nothing you wouldn't expect from a Dodge truck, especially at 10 years old. All-in-all, it was a good truck, and really sturdy. The V6 Magnum wasn't too powerful, but it lasted the life of the truck and still pushes to this day, at 140,000 miles. If only the fuel economy didn't suck.

Favorite Features

.The cab room .Good mirror view .Tough truck

Suggested Improvements

.Transmission wasn't too good. .The fuel economy, no matter how much it says on the website, or on the manual, the most I ever squeezed out of the truck was 15 to the gallon.

Grab life by the HORNS!
By xmoparmanx

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Club Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck a month ago so this review is more for the looks and performance not maintanance records etc. Towing: good so far we towed my friends small horse trailor with it and it wasnt a problem at all. Cabin: Nice. usually the dash from what i hear is the worst thing on these trucks but mine works just fine exerior looks: great looks like a truck. thats all that matters. Speed and performance: great everytime i step into my truck and turn that key theres this loud rumble and girls look at me. its a great feeling. or when i put the pedal to floor theres this montrous roar coming from the powerful V8 engine it is honestly the best sound i have ever heard. It is a beast!

Favorite Features

Loud powerful engine, bench seat to make a move on girls with ;) good center console, the room there is once you fold the rear seat up (you could fit quite a bit there)

Suggested Improvements

straight pipe exhaust.

Truck minded
By tdb

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD LB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

116,000 miles. Great truck. Work, hunting, fishing. Etc. Great interior, lots of room. Dash problems? No. The 5.2 lacks some power on highway (5 spd manual) lot of shifting especially in hills (mountains). Overall great truck, plan on owning another (diesel)

Favorite Features

looks good, 4wd works great snow or mud

Suggested Improvements

interior lights (dome)