This car is dangerous
By Pattison on
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
Bought this car two months ago and have been kicking myself since. So far the sway bars,and tie rods have been replaced. The oil light and gas cap light both came on and dealer couldn't figure out problem. My wife was driving the car up a hill and the car died, causing the brakes and steering wheel to lock and the car to go go out of control and over a ledge into a dirt mound. Had it in the shop numerous times and the mechanics at the dealership don't know what's wrong with it. You can get a quieter ride in an army tank. Do not buy this vehicle. I'm afraid for the safety of my infant and wife every time they get in this vehicle.
Favorite Features
Interior design
Suggested Improvements
Recall the entire car and send apology letters to everyone who purchased this chunk of crap
By rinmond39
on 12/28/10 10:12 AM (PST)

I also have a 2007 caliber and it has been nothing but problems my check engine light came on and then my car shut off on me when i was driving so i took it to the garage where i bought it and at first they couldnt figure it but when they did they told me that it was the fuel pump and the wiring conector and that if there would have been a leak it would have exploded, these cars are very dangerous. Now both of my front lower control arms are bad and need replaced. I must say though that i contacted chrysler about the fuel pump and they took care of it right away.