Used 2007 Chrysler 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

Most Helpful|
Great car, minor details need attention
By CB

2007 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Cupholder location is poorly designed, difficult to "learn" the switches. Auto lights should come on with wipers on intermittent not just full speed. My driver's side door will not stay open. Tired of getting beaten up every time I get in or out of vehicle. Comfort A++, eye catching A++++.

Favorite Features

Navigator, DVD player in rear (great when showing homes to occupy the kids) Head turning good looks of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Go back to traditional Chrysler auto lights - they need to come on with wipers on intermittent. It's a State law here. Redesign console to move cupholder. The cupholder door gets opened frequently with slightest touch.

Gas tank problems
By thelio

2007 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My Chrysler 300 2007 Check Engine Light can on a couple months back 2011. I took it to several shop and got opinions that I was not happy with. So I took it to the dealer where I purchased it. The dealer told me the gas tank had a hole in it from rubbing on the frame and it was $1100.00 dollars to repair. They are saying do to the age and miles on the car they will not repair it. It want pass the Ohio aim test because of the check engine light being on. The 30 day temp plate has expired. Moreover its a very poor and un-safe design if the gas tank rubs on anything. I refuse to drive a car that may explode. A gas tank should never rub anything. I have no car now. what can I do.

Favorite Features

Looks great in and out.

Suggested Improvements

If a product is un-safely design it should not be on the market. A gas tank should never touch are move. If it dose it should not rub anything due to heat which make cause an explodion causing death. Recall for this problem!

Great Bang for the Buck!
By jcvpw

2007 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This car has been fantastic. Can't complain about anything. Even the gas mileage for a 425 hp car is above average. I can get 23 mpg on the freeway on long trips. I am 6'8'' and 300 lbs and this is the first car that I have owned that an adult can actually sit behind me while I am driving. If you are looking for a fun, fast, family car that competes with the Germans, take a look at this one.

Favorite Features

6.1L, Brakes, Wheels, Seats, Lifetime Powertrain Warranty, and Stereo

Suggested Improvements

Needs Variable Displacement for 6.1L

Speedboat
By rollin59

2007 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a superb car. I was looking for a late model fast, V8 powered sporty car, looked at 07-09 Mustang GT and Camaro. Mustang rides like a lumber wagon on rough roads. Camaro has too little head room and both had kind of chintzy interior. A friend who has a Magnum kept raving about the 5.7 Hemi with multi-displacement. Short story, I test drove a 300C Hemi and wound up buying a low mileage lease return. So far (1 month) a great car.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, comfy dual power leather heated seats, classic gauges, almost as fast a Mustang GT (loads more HP) but roomy and comfortable and loaded with options. Low-key appearance means less cop attention. Multi displacement engine as advertised. 25-26 MPG highway

Suggested Improvements

Interior is a little plasticky, especially the door panels, but not objectionably so. A 6 CD changer should be standard at this class of car (came with single CD/Sirius).

Maximum Bang for the Buck
By ML

2007 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Absolutely love the car. You can't beat the value here. Where else, besides the other SRT8s, can you get a 425hp motor, race tuned suspension and Brembos for around $40k? Nowhere! Exterior styling isn't my favorite, but it gets tons of compliments. Interior is well laid out, other then the cruise control stalk, but material quality could be better. As far as performance goes, this car easily keeps up with the German performance sedans and annihilates the American and Japanese ones. That goes for acceleration, which goes without saying, but also handling, where the SRT8 puts up handling numbers, comparable to the M5, and that shame cars such as the E55 and STS-V. Very impressive.

Favorite Features

The 6.1 liter HEMI, without a doubt. My car is a stripper, so I don't have any of the fancy add-ons, just the required go fast goodies.

Suggested Improvements

Interior could use some upgrades. The car desperately needs a mechanical Limited Slip Differential. The electronic diff is pathetic and doesn't work. Being able to completely turn off the Stability and Traction control systems would be great too. Although unlikely I'd love to see more power too.