2011 Chrysler 200 Consumer Review: Excellent Car

2011 Chrysler 200 - Consumer Review

S Sedan (3.6L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic)

Excellent Car
By guinessman on

2011 Chrysler 200 S 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am a first time Chrysler buyer and typically pick European or Japanese brands. I have to say that once I drove the 200, I absolutely loved it. The press has been bashing the car, but I wonder how many of the "experts" actually drove it. The throttle tip-in has been criticized as too quick, quality too-low, fuel-efficinecy not good enough, and styling "behind competition." Has anyone seen and actually compared the competition feature for feature? The bottom line is that the 200 isn't a perfect car, but it is one that has a lot of character and quality to it. There is something very genuine about it. It's an underdog that over-delivers by my count. When price is considered, it's a clear win

V6 3.6L engine, interior quality, u-connect, Boston Acoustic audio, media center, driving dynamics - yes, it isn't sporty, but has a great balance between being a little raw and offering great comfort for everyday cruising. Gas milage is great, too. Overall, I love this car. It is a wonderful vehicle with enough qualities to justify the price. There is a lot to like here, folks.

External styling could improve, especially the dimensions. Size - I would like to see this car slightly wider and perhaps longer, because leg room in the back seems a little limited. On the other hand, we have been spoiled by unnecessarily oversized cars, so it may not be an issue. Pain job - doesn't seem to be of the best quality ( I have the black on black version of 200 S). Seating shape could improve as well. Middle divider between front seats seems a little wobbly; same goes for the middle console storage - needs to be more stable and better built.