Used 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Perfect Truck...I'm Proud to Own It!
By donpaulj@att.net

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This truck exceeds all of my expectations! The best value I could ever expect to get out of vehicle as I can drive it for 5-7 years with the confidence that there will not be any major repair costs and will still have a high resale value when I decide to purchase a new truck! The only improvement I would recommend is to increase the storage in the front, actually add some storage in the back and bring back the A/C vents in the console for the rear passengers, other than that, this truck is PERFECT!

Great truck. Period.
By Matt Leibel

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned my 2011 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ now for two years (bought second hand) and I have to say that I'm very happy with my purchase. The truck offers all the creature features I wanted and gives enough space for the family on long trips. This truck in the 38,000 miles that I've driven it has only required the routine oil changes, set of tires, and new shocks.

The 5.3 V8 offers plenty of power for towing a 18ft fishing boat; for a truck, the fuel economy is good and averages around 17mpg in the city (mix of freeway & city streets). I will say it took a bit to get use to the 6-speed transmission as the shift points are different then the 4-speed I had in my 2002 Silverado, but with that said, the transmission does not hunt for gears and is quite responsive when needed.

Not Happy at all!
By bigal357

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is not what I thought it was! I bought it new in Texas and the gas mileage has been the worst since I had it. It burns a lot on the highway and it does not pull my little 5x8 trailer well at all. I can almost see the gas gauge move on the highway. Oh, but don't let me turn the AC on, it's really a problem then. It does not have any pick up or passing speed at all. When I press the accelerator, it barely moves until I press down hard, then it opens up like the pedal is stuck. Someone said that the AFM could be the problem, but guess what...the warranty is expired! Also, the seat is not adjustable to go up and down. I do need a truck but this one is a problem. Any suggestions?

1.Improve the gas mileage so that people what get stuck with a gas guzzler! 2.Make the seats adjustable to go up and down. 3. Acceleration is poor!

Not fun to drive!
By wassell

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

If you want a truck that rides n feels like a Cadillac and tows like a champ(nothing more) buy a silverado. I've had my truck for a year and love it for road trips and towing. Aside from that...yawn. If you want a truck that will JUMP when you hit the gas, get sideways on demand, and still tow when needed buy a Nissan! Sincerely, sad silverado owner

Overall looks and design

Lose the computer limitations!

Impressive Truck
By kovich14

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first Silverado and it exceeds all of my expectations.
The ride and handling is far superior to the mid-size pickup I traded in on it.
The interior is comfortable and very roomy- I can fit six adults easily.
Power with the 5.3L and 6 speed is plentiful and makes this truck fun to drive.
It gets identical fuel mileage to my former mid-size too.
The frequent shifting of the 6 speed took some getting used to but the shifts are mostly unnoticeable and power is always on tap.
The autotrac 4wd is fantastic in the snow.
Overall I'm very impressed with the truck.

Torquey 5.3L V8, 6 Speed Transmission, Superb Ride Quality and Handling, Comfortable Seats.

Some transmissions shifts could be a bit smoother.