Used 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Not Happy at all!
By bigal357

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is not what I thought it was! I bought it new in Texas and the gas mileage has been the worst since I had it. It burns a lot on the highway and it does not pull my little 5x8 trailer well at all. I can almost see the gas gauge move on the highway. Oh, but don't let me turn the AC on, it's really a problem then. It does not have any pick up or passing speed at all. When I press the accelerator, it barely moves until I press down hard, then it opens up like the pedal is stuck. Someone said that the AFM could be the problem, but guess what...the warranty is expired! Also, the seat is not adjustable to go up and down. I do need a truck but this one is a problem. Any suggestions?

1.Improve the gas mileage so that people what get stuck with a gas guzzler! 2.Make the seats adjustable to go up and down. 3. Acceleration is poor!

Not fun to drive!
By wassell

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

If you want a truck that rides n feels like a Cadillac and tows like a champ(nothing more) buy a silverado. I've had my truck for a year and love it for road trips and towing. Aside from that...yawn. If you want a truck that will JUMP when you hit the gas, get sideways on demand, and still tow when needed buy a Nissan! Sincerely, sad silverado owner

Overall looks and design

Lose the computer limitations!

Impressive Truck
By kovich14

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first Silverado and it exceeds all of my expectations. The ride and handling is far superior to the mid-size pickup I traded in on it. The interior is comfortable and very roomy- I can fit six adults easily. Power with the 5.3L and 6 speed is plentiful and makes this truck fun to drive. It gets identical fuel mileage to my former mid-size too. The frequent shifting of the 6 speed took some getting used to but the shifts are mostly unnoticeable and power is always on tap. The autotrac 4wd is fantastic in the snow. Overall I'm very impressed with the truck.

Torquey 5.3L V8, 6 Speed Transmission, Superb Ride Quality and Handling, Comfortable Seats.

Some transmissions shifts could be a bit smoother.

I hate my 2011 silverado
By duffy74

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have had noting but disappointments from my 2011 silverado i purchased new. From the bed rails that dent from falling acorns to brakes that overheat when the truck is empty, simply exiting the freeway???? you cant pump gas into it because they changed the down angle but no gas stations around me are updated. the traction control button stopped working at 39,000 miles, so I took it appart and found it was super glued together from the factory or dealer I dont know which but definitely cracked/broken plastic bits obviously glued back together???? (are you kidding me??? no I am not) when I asked costumer service they have nothing.

2011 Chevy with 6.2
By ddt84

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

have had this truck over a year now. Love it, has 11500 miles on it. I seem to be the only one that does a review on it to have the bigger 6.2 V8 insted of the smaller 5.3 v8.(had two 5.3 before not that great of a motor, no power). Let me tell you it does not get good gas mileage. 13 in city and 16.5 on highway. I knew this when i got it. The ride is great and the BOSE stereo sounds great. have pull 4 ATVs and all the camping stuff that weighed about 8000 lbs. still passed other trucks like they were standing still and still had more power left. 403 HP is all i have to say.

the Blue tooth is great. love the remote start especialy this winter had two weeks of below Zero. 6.2 403 hp 412 lbft.

MPG but it looks like the 2014 Silverado will help with that.