High Expectations... to Ho Hum
By jodeo on
2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I bought my 2010 Equinox in 3/2012. I really liked the exterior. My initial test drive was fine, despite being a 4 cyl. engine. As a commuter car it's fine, but in rush hour traffic it lacks the pep and verve I need to maneuver. As for pleasure rides, it's not pleasurable. It's a dad-mobile. It really is a rather dull car experience despite being attractive inside and out. I decided to sell mine after learning (too late) that these tend to consume oil rather quickly. I can't make it to my 3-month oil changes w/o adding a quart, sometimes more. The standard radio makes tweaking audio (bass/treble, balance/fader) a chore, requiring you to take your eyes off the road. And no compass? Bah.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage is very good. Exterior design. Bluetooth is very convenient for taking/making hands-free calls. MP3 CD player is nice (absent an MP3/USB option or working audio-in line). Good storage in the rear hatch.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the oil-consumption problem!!! Remove all interior chrome as sunlight can be unexpectedly blinding. Make radio controls for bass/treble easier than the multi-step, eyes-off-the-road menu system. The magnetic folding keys are a pain as they either take forever to get them to stick into place or simply don't stick at all. Seats have a higher than avg. ridge, making it a little hard to get in and out. Odd shifting in automatic transmission - not sure why, but probably a computer doing something.
By susanw05
on 03/13/14 13:05 PM (PDT)

I have the 2010 equinoxs as well with the same problem i am dealing with the dealer ship right now doing a oil consumption test i take it to them and they just add oil this is not working for me as i am told i cannot add oil myself just check it and was told i have to take it to the same dealership i started the oil consumption test with, so in other words stay close to home this is a problem that have been going on for way to long and just because we are women doesn't mean we know nothing about a car