2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Cheap
By d_jarrell on 07/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

2,400 miles so far and going back to shop for second time. Dealer can't seem to fix alignment. Interior is very cheap. Rear headrests block rearview. XM radio is a joke, don't pay extra for it!

to early to tell
By jsfiretruck on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

just bought it after owning a 1990 silverado ext 4x4 1/2 ton.Mileage is 16 city and 22 - 23 hwy I was hoping for better but only have 800 miles on it.I am thinking I should have bought the full size 4 door?

so far so good
By garyrush2112 on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

had the truck about a month. i have 1500 miles on it and i have not 1 complaint. my right front headlight wasnt attached correctly but i took care of that.so far i am at 20.5 mpg . the rock that hit my windshielsd at 200 miles bummed me out but what can ya do. i previosly read all the reviews on this site and the only "complaint"i kind of agree with is that the gas n brake pedals could be a little farther apart.road noise is not an issue,i was driving a mustang and it was 10 times worse. mine is a z71 4x4 and of course the ride will be stiff on a bumpy road.bucket seats are very comfortable.SO FAR SO GOOD

peppy little truck
By harescrambled on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

If you wanna turn heads quickly this is the truck for you.

Tough Truck
By Resident Dawg on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Base 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck and use it for work and towing my boat. I have a 21 foot C.C. weighs about 3500 Lbs loaded full. I use to tow it with a jeep cheerokee, and MAN what a difference....I hardly feel the boat behind this truck. I got the 4wd to have added security in getting the boat out of steep slick ramps. The dealer tried to tell me all I needed was the "tracction Control System", which this truck has as well....I tested it...low tide, steep slick ramp...I needed the 4wd to get the boat out. All in all..a great truck!

ZQ8 fun to drive
By blackZQ8 on 07/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Love this truck. with 1500 miles the only problem I've had is the air conditioning, it was low on freon, but with that taken care of I have no major complaints. It handles great. averaging 21 mpg with the I5

Disappointment
By Bmcmahan on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle in April it is now June. It has been in the shop three times. (Once for Mold in the A/C, Water damage from a defective door, and had the transmission replace). I have had many Chevy Vehicles and I’m beyond the point of dissatisfied with the Colorado Truck. This truck is fun to drive when it is not in the shop for repairs. Good on gas for a Truck. All in all I would be weary of buying this truck until they have a chance to work out all of the bugs.

Chevy colorado
By Blake K on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Base Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great truck to drive. The 4dr crew cab has plenty of room. The exterior greatly resembles the chevy silverado. I would reccomend this truck to anyone.

Z85 Crew Cab
By gregthebreeze on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Base 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I really liked this vehicle at first, but now I'm starting to realize some limitations in comparison to what I'm used to. I'm a beach goer, and always drive on the beach. I got stuck immediately after going out, and had to be pulled back to pavement by a Dodge Ram 1500. The problem is clearance. This truck has less clearance the a Chevy Malibu (check chevy www, and you'll see). This is truely a disappointment for me. Other than that, I really liked the truck.

Pro-mileage; Con-bed.
By willfly on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Have had our Colorado for 2 months. Very happy with it. Getting 21 mpg with a combo of highway/city driving. Good forward visibility. Heated leather seats the way to go. Clean and organized engine compartment. Engine runs smooth. Z71 Suspension handles well. Had it in the mountains for some light offroad (fire roads & river beds). 2WD with traction control performed well. Rear seats roomy & comfortable. Some problems with fit/finish...a reoccuring issue for GM. Had to have the driver's door realigned. Wish the bed was just a bit longer. The rear-seat cupholders seem cheap/poorly designed, with respect to its mounting.