Used 2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 108 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Love it!
By jason

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love this truck. I bought a used 2004 Colorado Crew Z-71 with every option except leather and sunroof. I had looked at Tacomas and Frontier, but they cost as much as a full size truck. I personally think my truck looks better than both of those as well. I traded in my 99 Ranger and the difference is night and day, power comfort and quite. It's an amazing truck and I was able to pull my boat out of the water no problem.

Looks, Looks, Looks, seriously I think this truck looks awesome,especially the front grill. Very quite interior, nice power, six disc is cool.

It would be cool if they could stick the Trailblazers straight six in this thing, it should fit and would really pump it up, The armrests are kinda hard and can where on your elbows, other than that its great

'04 Colorado
By awilson

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love the Colarado. After shopping around quite a bit I decided on it because it was the perfect size for me. It is very reliable and fun to drive. I have only had one minor problem and that was with my stop light switch wearing out. That is probably from all the driving I do!!! I live in the country so I put a lot of miles on my truck and it still drives just like it did when I first got it. I think that the biggest thing that I do not like about it is the interior. I think that Chevrolet could have done a little bit better with that!!! Overall, it is a great truck and I will definitely buy another one when the time comes!!

Finally a change
By kcidmil

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

While the truck does get decent mileage, it fails in comparison to my former 02 Frontier 2wd. This is mostly due to the larger tires installed on vehicle. I can say I do have fun though driving the truck despite the even lowering gas needle. And the exterior design is one that makes people turn to look again. And after seeing many different truck from Chevy over the years, I'm glad to see a interior dash change. It was sad to see a brand new 1500 have the same dash as the company truck built back in 96. The power band seems lacking at the low end. Though I feel this is due to the larger tires. The truck is perfect for my daily driving back and forth to work. Overall I am happy with it.

Exterior styling, and auto volume increase.

Redesigned seats, the back support is rigid, unadjustable and unforgiving. Factory applied bed liner. Center console w/ bucket seats. Foresight or quicker response to those customers with different size tires. Futher opening angle on the rear doors

My first new truck
By Joe

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have put about 10000 on this truck already and and have had only one major issue. The inner treads on my front tires are wearing very fast. I brought it back to the dealership who agreed that the truck was out of alignment and proceeded to align the truck. The problem did not stop.My tires are continuing to wear ABNORMALLY fast on the inner treads in the front of the vehicle.The dealer stated that because the truck was within "factory specs" for alignment that my problem was "normal wear and tear". Ive had a second and third opinion on this issue and have concluded that the local Chevy dealer is wrong. So I am now in the process of dealing with Chevy corporate about the problem.

Looks Awesome. Love having four doors. Decent on gas (4 cyl). Drives good. Perfect size.

Chevy... Stand by your vehicles! Your customers are fewer and more precious everyday. The competition is better and better every year. So when I bring my truck back because my treads are cupping like mad, Fix it, or maybe Chevy will go the way of the Edsel.

2004 Chevrolet Colorado
By Larry Newton

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

My wife and I really enjoy our new Colorado as a second vehicle. We selected it because of its very comfortable ride,the ease of entering and exiting the vehicle, and its hauling capacity. It is giving a good 28 MPG on the road and 19 MPG in town. The five cylinder engine has terrific acceleration especially when needed to enter Atlanta's interstates. I recently read Consumer Report on the Colorado, and I think CR totally mis- represented the vehicle. We tried and my son bought a Toyota Tacoma. After test driving the Toyota and driving my son's Toyota, I still like the Colorado for its comfortable ride, acceleration, mileage, and ease of getting in and out.

Comfortable ride, acceleration, ease of entering and exiting, and hauling capacity for its size.

Exterior trim could be enhanced.