Used 2004 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

sad
By never again

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

well i have had this truck 6 months its been it the shop 7 times a/c control head,vent door was sticking, headlights holding water, and then the motor blew up. dealership kept my truck 33days to replace a motor.

Favorite Features

body design

Suggested Improvements

start over, train people to take pride in there work would be a big thing. design interior and motor

Not bad
By divo006

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ZQ8 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2004 ZQ8 a couple months ago. I was rather iffy about it since it was only 2wd and winter coming. I like the fact that I'm one of few with the 3.5L I5. It's a quick little truck and the gas mileage ain't too bad either considering I drive 60 miles or so a day. If you want something to use as utility I wouldnt recommend this truck, but as for small jobs it's perfect. I haul my quads and what not no problem. Interior could use a little work. Exteriors not bad..flashy. Rides a little rough.

Favorite Features

Style, not bad with a few upgrades

Suggested Improvements

Overall interior, suspension

Colorado is a poor truck. Buy Toyota!
By GB

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

My 2004 Colorado has had trans leak. Front axle seal and front differential seal leaks. Front end eats tires. GM re-aligned after several calls to GM customer service, now a bad vibration has developed with no fix by GM. Replaced heater blower fan twice. Replaced speaker, cup holder, seat adjuster broken. Interior very cheap. Been in the shop about 14 times for diagnostics and repairs. Have to fight GM for them to fix anything. Poor truck. Will buy Toyota the next time!

Favorite Features

Style, design

Suggested Improvements

Better quality, better warranty, better service.

Colorado
By stephen

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Colorado has been such a let down. It feels way too light going down the road. It bounces and is not responsive. Although aesthetically the car is nice, it just did not perform the way I thought it should.

Favorite Features

The engine

Suggested Improvements

Sturdier, heavier frame. Also a nice option would be an availible v8, but that's most likely out of the question

Leaky 2004 Colorado
By Kate J Triplett

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Driver's side of cab has been filling with water ever since we got this pickup. Our dealership techs have been unable to fix this, despite repeated stays in their shop. It's been with them since before Thanksgiving this round (Jan.8,2007). For a brand new vehicle, this is unacceptable. We are looking into lemon law for resolution with GM.