2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Do Not Recommend
By rachelwww on 11/06/12 16:47 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car at 57000 miles. The timing belt broke at 79000, apparently timing belts in this car like to murder themselves and the cars engine in the process. with a price tag of $1500-2200 to fix. This problem came along with other repairs that should not have had to be done in accordance with annual maintenance on the car, such as the air intake replacement and replacing and fixing various other cheaply made parts, the repair costs for this car have nearly outweighed the cost of it in the first place. Also it took me a week to find the cupholder. NOT a user friendly vehicle.

2004 chevy aveo automatic
By brenneman00 on 11/09/11 21:42 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2004 chevy aveo. around 56,000 miles, the timing belt broke once. so i got a good deal on a wrecked aveo motor and i replace the whole motor $800 including motor and labor. Around 17,000 miles more, the water pump dropped, breaking the timing belt once again. then i paid $1000 and had to have the whole motor rebuilt. and there is still a bunch of problems. i do not recommand this car at all. its been nothing but problems.

My Little Aveo
By happy2bfree on 09/15/11 06:22 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just got my used 2004 Chevy Aveo this year. I love the car, just hope I never get into a wreck. You can lean on the outside and it dents in. That's how thin or weak the metal is on the outside. Also... it has very poor pick up power on the highway. A little old lady gave me a dirty look as she passed me up on the highway. I love the space I have inside. Lots of headroom for me. I'm 5'5" and the one thing I hate is my seatbelt still cuts me at the neck, and it's in the lowest spot. Other than some miner things like that, and low pick up power up and down hills, and the fact it doesn't seem very strong in the body, I love the car. Made in S. Korea though. :(

Low cost commute
By Texas Commuter on 04/02/10 07:12 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for $9k in 2005 with only 10k miles on it. I have a 20 mile commute, half highway half city. I get around 32 hwy and 30 average. It started missing in year 3 but new plugs fixed the problem. Also a sensor on the brake pedal broke and would not shift into gear. At 80k replaced the timing belt and water pump at the same time. Ran great. At 137k now it needs some engine repairs. Waiting to hear on cost.

It all started so well...
By tbonme on 02/05/10 19:29 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought the car I loved the gas mileage and the way it moved. Then about a year after owning it things started going down hill. First the serpentine belt lost a huge chunk and had to be replaced. Then the AC/heater started to (and still to this day)only come on when it wanted to. Last week the driver door lock fell into the door, and before that the driver window decided to not go down and finally though it has a new battery and all fuses checked out the clock changes time every time you turn the car off.

Run Away and Never Return!
By necietoo on 12/16/08 08:15 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car was purchased as a gift brand new. I was very disappointed it didn't last 3years and the timing belt broke and the car was extremely damaged. Like 5600 dollars in damages the car only cost 9000 to 10000 dollars are you for real? Please, please, please do not buy this car. It will leave you stranded!

Sporty and fun, but beware...
By Renea on 10/10/08 09:31 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a base model. I was very pleased with my "new" car for the first 3 weeks. My first trip my car "clunked out" and was out of service for almost 3 months. The parts were hard to find and it turns out that the Cerpintine belt went out and everything else followed. Come to find out, when you get a new belt on these cars they need to be checked and tightened every 5000 miles. I wish I would have known that before hand. Keep tight wraps on the maintenance and this car serves well. Also, since the work on my car, I can not get the radio to work, and buying a used car, it didn't have the "access code" for the radio. When I call around to get it, they say it'll cost about $100.

So Far, So Good
By DeBeez on 03/23/08 08:18 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first auto so I was looking for a fuel efficent, easy to drive car. Well, I lucked out with both. This car handles well and parks easily too. I've had only had to replace a rim and tire but that had to do with potholes, not the car. My only issues are that braking distance needed at higher speeds is longer than I expected and when I'm on the expressway and go above 60mph,the car starts to drift.

Transmission Issues
By Ben on 04/03/07 14:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car drove great for a few years and then the transmission went out. It got a clog in the fluid so when I checked on the fluid it was always full. Also there is no literature on the vehicle, no Chilton guide, no info on the transmition type, nothing.

Little Surprise
By Helen on 02/11/07 10:52 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car on impulse since I was driving close 100 miles a day for work and wanted a cheap car. It has turned out to be fun, super reliable with great gas mileage. I have other cars but this is the one I drive most. A great every day car great in the city good on the highway. Seats could use more support for long drive only complaint.

1 2 3 4 5 next »