2011 BMW Z4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
The Perfect Roadster
By rajparmar on 06/25/11 13:52 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW Z4 Convertible sDrive35i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently got the 2011 z435i with the 7 speed automatic, premium package, sport package, premium sound. It combines luxury, style, and performance better than any other car out on the road. It has a distinguished look and gets a lot of attention on the road. You can drive it like a true sports car with its high performance options, large horse power, and great handling. Or you can take it for a luxurious lazy sunday drive for hours with the top down, nice sound system and comfortable spacious seating for a 2 seat car. It wont beat the Porshe Boxter on a track but I feel the interior comfort, comparable unique style, and price difference make up for it. It is a very sexy fun car to drive

Drive them all and you'll choose this one!
By nyfo on 06/01/11 10:53 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW Z4 Convertible sDrive35i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased this vehicle coming from M6 through E63 AMG. Although M6 is very fast, SMG tranny is HORRIBLE in real life. AMG is an absolute MB service dream (8 weeks in service out of 6 months of ownership). So after browsing 911, SLK and boxter - I decided to go with the Z4. Hardtop convertible is awesome. Features, although very pricey (base $52k, mine $66K) are all there. Handling, although criticized, is very adequate. This car is not built to be driven on track only, it is a very comfortable sports car adaptation to real life conditions. Highway cruising feels like a 7. Thumbs up, BMW, can't wipe the smile off my face every time I drive it! Bi turbo is a mast, base model lacks power, etc.

Near-perfect roadster
By Thom on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW Z4 Convertible sDrive35i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After several 3-series coupes this is my first ever roadster. Although inherently impractical, it is much fun to drive - I love the throaty growl and sharp steering turn-in.

The perfect roadster
By J. R. Leonard on 08/19/10 18:42 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW Z4 Convertible sDrive35i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I took BMW Performance Center delivery of my 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i. That means that for four on-track hours BMW race drivers taught me how to explore safely the limits if a Z4 identical to the one I was purchasing. That experience and teaching has made my ownership much more pleasurable and rewarding than it ever could have been otherwise. I cannot recommend it too highly. The Z4 is a classic roadster and as such is completely at home on the country roads and Blue Ridge Parkway of my home state. The exhaust note is wonderful, nostalgic, echoing Healeys of old. The engine power is more than adequate and the driving experience, top up or top down, is immensely pleasurable. BMW got this car right!

2011 Z4 35i rocks!
By wahoo on 06/02/10 10:31 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW Z4 Convertible sDrive35i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had this car for three days and I love everything about it. Styling is beautiful, the cockpit is so roomy that you do not feel like you are in a two-seater at all, visibility is very good also. The retractable hard top is a big plus, I was always turned off by rag tops or having to stow a removable hardtop, this is the perfect solution. I did not want to give up the luxuries and conveniences of my larger car and I didn't, this car is loaded with all of the "bells and whistles". Performance is amazing, this is my first BMW and it is an "ultimate driving machine". Last night I tried the sport transmission for the first time and it floored me!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 BMW Z4 Convertible in VA is:

$125 per month*