Used 2008 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

Used Jetta for Sale
Select your model:
12345...34

Pros
Cons
2 out of 5 stars

STAY AWAY!!

Chris H., 06/13/2018
Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I baught my 08 jetta wolfburg used based on reviews, I picked this car over a acura which i regret every day..the DSG transmissions are [non-permissible content removed] and vw knows it.. they extended the warranty to June 28, 2018 or 100,000 miles..plus there is a recall on the DSG transmission but only for cars made Between Sept.08 - Aug. 09.. So I have all the common transmission issues stated in the recall but I have 130,000 (which I thought was nothing for vw) and they wont touch it..even though it's admittedly a faulty part they offer no assistance whatsoever.. they want me to pay $550 for them to change transmission fluid knowing damn well it won't fix anything..(it was changed at 100,000)..what a joke..STAY AWAY from this car or any car with a DSG transmission..its a hazard for my wife to drive with our children or for anybody to drive..it'll cost me more than the car is worth to fix..STAY AWAY!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED..

1 out of 5 stars
3 out of 5 stars
3 out of 5 stars
1 out of 5 stars

4.38 out of 5 stars

3 year lease end love it/hate it still pt. 1

vincef329, 01/27/2011
SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have leased my salsa red Jetta SE for almost 3 years now, mileage up to 32,000. I originally wrote the love it/hate it review and want to expand on that. Styling is still modern after 3 years, still a good looking car inside and out. The leatherette still looks great as all other interior components do also, even the carpet. I live in the NE so the carpet sees its fair share of wet and snowy shoes, still cleans up well. No problems with any interior components, all are like new. Exterior paint has chipped considerably, how very sad. Seems only the red paint suffered this as I have "red" about it on the internet. Above the rear license plate the paint has completely come off and rust has

3.5 out of 5 stars

First and last VW for me!

mallory24, 09/13/2011
S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This car was bought for me as a first car and I absolutely loved everything about it. It's super cute, fun to dart in and out of traffic with and it had a great "giddy up" to it. Within the first year I started having mechanical issues with the car not starting. I took it to my local Firestone and got the battery, starter, alternator, and ignition checked out and I got a green light on everything. The next day I made an appointment with the VW dealership and they were just as unconcerned and rude as they could be. For almost two months I have been fighting this battle with VW for almost two months and I'm surely getting rid of this car as soon as possible.

4.38 out of 5 stars

Fun! Excellet value!

akb518, 11/10/2008
Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is a REALLY good deal. Got it for about 21k and some change. To me, this is the best car for the money. It has upscale looks and excellent build quality. It doesn't look cheap like other cars in its class. The 200 hp turbocharged engine is a gem, very smooth and extremely powerful. You can't even feel it idling, very unusual for a 4 cylinder. The 6speed DSG automatic has seamless shifts and perfect downshifts. Perfect steering and smooth handling as well.

2.38 out of 5 stars

Many problems too fast

jettasnotrok, 01/02/2009
SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Bought a new jetta it seemed to offer good fuel economy and it does. I drive from Michigan to Florida a lot so it seemed like a good car to drive on the e-way with its good fuel economy. Well a week later after returning from Florida the car had 3,000 miles on it and the starter broke. Dealer fixed it free. The tires don't hold air (maybe there is a hole) so I replaced the tire that I filled up every week. But the check tire light was still on. Took it to the dealer and it was broken. When I go to start the car in the morning it revs up to 7,000 rpm for no reason and the slowly will settle back down. After the fuel injector went bad I sold the car with 17,000.

12345...34