Used 2001 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

Used Jetta for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...80

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Most Reliable I ever owned

autowolf, 04/04/2014
GLS Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned the car for 3 years and to this day it has been in more close calls than any other car I have owned, but never let me down. I had to pull over on hwy I89 for over heating once, the problem was a leaking seal at 160k miles and it was an easy fix. Off the road one icy dirt road in the winter, thanks to the car's design I was safe in a ditch unfortunately, but safe from scratches on the paint and I was only shocked a little by the event, driver error and winter conditions. I have been kept safe on the winter roads thanks to this car and it has been the most fun car in it's year and class that I have ever driven.

4.13 out of 5 stars

20001 Jetta Wagon

Tim Hastings, 12/22/2002
GLS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with to car overall. The car has a smooth comfortable ride and is very dependable. The only thing I don,t like about the car is the fact that when we put our baby's car seat in the back, you have to put the front seat up close to the steering wheel to fit it in.

Really enjoyed this car

Christian Wade, 12/28/2015
GLS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned my 01 Jetta Wagon for years and really enjoyed it. It was pretty trouble free but there was some maintenance that had to be done to keep it that way. The gas milage was great and it was fun to drive. Lots of room in the back of the car and that was great since I have a very large dog. I thought that the rear seat was fine for kids but tall adults would have a tight fit. Some of the coating on the interior parts was weird. It was rubbery and would scratch off. I also found that the sunroof drains are a constant trouble. They aren't hard to fix in the front but the rear are a pain. If you buy one of these cars know when the timing belt was done. Very important. I sold this car recently as I bought a Vanagon and didn't need two cars.

VR 6 the only way to go

Justin, 03/30/2017
GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

For what it is its great. Fun to drive it defiantly gets out of its own way and after you hit the apex of a corner just punch it and let the snappy vr6 with traction control launch you through. All the while riding in a rich fully loaded luxury class cockpit The more I do the better it gets.

3.25 out of 5 stars

Fun at the start but not when needed!

dubvhill, 06/18/2010
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used and heard nothing but good things about VWs. I thought i was getting a dependable car that would last a long time. I was wrong, but must say it hasn't died completely. About a year into my purchase the check engine light came on. Being a poor college student, making it on his own, didn't have money to fix right away. Long story short 4years $7k in and the check engine light is still on. Making money now to fix, but tired of the circling fuel system of death. I am waiting for this car to die to buy a new car. My luck will be this car goes forever with the check engine light on. At the end of the year I will donate to train fire fighters, so the misery will die.

12345...80