Used 2008 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews

Used Eos for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...17

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Fantastic, sporty little car!

jules, 06/06/2008
Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I adore this car. It's so fun to drive! And obviously the hard top is GREAT! It's like watching a transformer!! I would highly recommend this car to anyone. I live in the Northeast, and it did really well in the snow this past winter, and we got tons of it! It's got a lot of pep, and it looks so sleek... I get a ton of compliments on the car. Surprisingly you can fit quite a bit in the trunk. I have had this car for 9 months now, and it's the best car. I'm on my 7th VW, but this is the sportiest and most fun!

3.38 out of 5 stars

STOP AND READ BEFORE YOU BUY!

Karen from CT, 01/05/2009
Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

There are several issues with this car. 1. When the key is removed from the ignition, the front windows drop slightly, thus when it is raining you get poured on. You get soaked inside the car whenever it is raining. 2. The radio antenna is in the trunk. The reception for FM and Satellite radio does not hold. While you drive the radio stations fade in and out. 3. The EOS is horrible in snow. We had to add sand bags to the trunk to allow traction when driving. In addition, when it is below 32 degrees the trunk freezes up. I now have to prepare myself when bad weather is approaching and put my snow scrapper in the back seat. Please read this before you buy your EOS, I wish I knew this stuff.

About the roof seals

eoslover, 02/14/2009
Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I hate to see all the bad reviews about the roof leaks. Since Edmunds doesn't allow posting links in reviews if you google "solve eos roof seal leaks" you will find an excellent article on keeping this car from leaking. I did a lot of research on this car before I purchased it and bought it once I read this article and knew the roof would likely not be a problem. Unfortunately, most VW dealers don't seem to stock the Krytox or know anything about this process. That said, overall this car has been great and fun for 12,000 miles. I get a solid 27 mpg with 50/50 highway/city driving. Highway yields over 30 mpg. Drove 2 hours through wicked slippery icy snow as well as can be expected for 2WD.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Great Experience with my Eos!

Jane, 06/15/2010
Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I was so disappointed to see how many people have had issues with their Eos's - my experience has been fantastic! I love my car so much! I've had it for 2 years, 30,000 miles, and no repairs needed yet. Retractable roof still works like a dream, and still makes me smile every time I use it. Car is quite speedy, and zips when you need it. The engine is perhaps a bit louder now than it was when it was brand new, but that's to be expected. When the top is up, I feel like I'm riding in a luxury sports car - you would never know it was a convertible. No leaking or noise issues here! I get compliments all the time, it was an excellent buy for me.

AWESOME CAR

Lisa Estabrook, 02/01/2020
Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I drive a 2008 VW Eos 2.0T which I bought used in 2012. I drive it year round in Northern Alberta, Canada and have NEVER had a significant problem with this vehicle. It has been so reliable and we enjoy the convertible so much that I'm going to semi-retire her now, put her on the road now and then and watch heads turn and say "WHAT AN AWESOME CAR". And mine will be but a handful left in 20 years when the collectors come calling. Win/win.

12345...17