Used 2008 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews

Used Eos for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...17

Pros
Cons
4.88 out of 5 stars

2008 VW EOS VR6

shivnarc, 08/10/2008
VR6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

Fun to drive, lots of standard features because with VR6, a lot of things are standard. using the DSG provides a fantastic driving experience. the in-dash 6 CD player is convenient as is the iPod adapter. remember this is a SPORTY car, not a SPORTS car, as long as you aware of that fact you will not be disappointed.

5 out of 5 stars

It's been a very satisfactory vehicle.

richardb3, 09/16/2009
Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

After 17 months, this 2008 VW Eos has performed reliably and has been very satisfactory overall. The top has worked as promised, with but one instance of stalling in mid-operation. In that instance I was able to retract the top normally. The dealer lubricated the roof seals and the problem has not recurred. The fit and finish are great and the styling both inside and outside is pleasing. Engine performance has been fine. The car has plenty of zip in D mode and exceptional zip -- really like a sports car -- in Sport mode. I have had to add oil twice in addition to regular maintenance oil changes and that is disappointing. However, I actually get highway mileage greater than 36 mpg.

1.63 out of 5 stars

Lemon of 2008

danny, 11/04/2010
Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My wife has an 2008 EOS and has had nothing but trouble with the car. We have taken it to two different dealerships to fix the problem and no one wants to do their job and fix it; it has been burning oil, the turbo is problematic, the brakes are squealing, and the top leaks whenever it rains. The mechanics at a VW dealer said bring it back every 500 miles to do oil comsuption test.The car is burning all the oil in less than 500 miles.These problems existed before the warrenty was up and the dealership said it was fixed, but they didnt fix the problems and now the warranty is expired. In my opinion I would never buy a VW again, unless you want to be stuck with a car that doesn't run & no help

1.75 out of 5 stars

DO NOT BUY VW

minimono00, 12/13/2011
Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought the 2008 Lux Eos. I enjoyed driving my car for about three years until I started having rook leaking issues. At that time I started to deal with the dealer on a consistent basis and have never have such poor service with a car company before. I brought in my car a total of 4 times and i still had issues with leaking after that. I couldnt believe a 3 year old car would be so difficult for the dealer to fix. Additionally their corporate representatives were miserable to work with. They were not courteous or willing to help beyond telling me to continually bring my car back to the dealer. Its unfortunate that I spent so much on a vehicle and was treated so poorly. I had heard b

4.75 out of 5 stars

This car is really fun

herb, 08/18/2007
Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have only had my new '08 VW Eos for 3 weeks now but it has been a blast!! The 200 hp turbo is powerful, the 6 sp auto trans is smooth, can not feel the shifts, and of course, the top. What fun it is to open or close the top and watch everyone around the car just stare.

12345...17