Used 2003 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

toyota devotee
By Ed Bence

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd toyota truck. I have a 2002 Tacoma. My only complaint is that the rear bumper rusted in a short time. I plan to buy another toyota.

great tine truck
By jim

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is probably the best little pickup that can be bought.

Last one
By J Miller

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Currently has 160,3xx miles, bed has been under cover since the 7 hundred mile mark yet bad rust out in the bed, center of the wheel wells, from the under side. Between 85k and 140k - 4 radiators and a blown head gasket, three coils on the #4 spark plug, good amount of sensors out. Have pretty regular maintenance - no dealers except as follows: Went to dealer with the blown head gasket (as my normal service shop was overwhelmed with biz at the time) - service writer flat out called me a liar when I mentioned the radiators. Never mind my response. Gave them their $100 for checking it out. $3k plus to repair - no thanks. Searched around, repaired for $1500, been fine since. Etc, etc.....

All around good compact truck
By RustdBrutus

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This truck was Good to me for 9 years. I was a littlw sad do trade to trade it in. Over the 9 yrs I had put over 110000 miles on it. Needing only minor repairs and regular maintenance items. Living in Maryland the winter salt use took its toll over the 9 yrs. Mainly the truck held up. If anyone is considering a compact truck with no modern frills cause of its age, has great 4wd, and will get you where you need to go every time.

I'll Own a Toyota Truck For the Rest of My Life!
By Jennifer G

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my first, brand new Toyota Pick-Up truck in 1987. Back then, it didn't have a model name. It was just a Toyota pick-up. It lasted me 16 years and 316,000 miles. The engine was still strong, but it started costing me too much on maintenance for other things that were wearing down. I was so happy with my old truck, I honestly didn't want to get rid of it, but it was dying a slow death and beginning to leave me stranded everywhere. In 2003, I wanted nothing else but another Toyota truck. So I bought a 2003 Toyota Tacoma. 15 years and 197,000 miles later, this truck is running like a champ with no signs of quitting on me. Everything is running strong, I've had no mechanical problems, I keep up on all regular maintenance, and I absolutely LOVE this truck. I'm only sad that this will be the last manual truck I'll ever own since manual vehicles are becoming obsolete. But I LOVE manual trucks. I've already decided that my next truck, which will be no time soon, will be a Toyota Pre-Runner because I don't see myself in anything else but Toyota trucks.