Used 2003 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 182 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

great tine truck
By jim

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is probably the best little pickup that can be bought.

All around good compact truck
By RustdBrutus

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This truck was Good to me for 9 years. I was a littlw sad do trade to trade it in. Over the 9 yrs I had put over 110000 miles on it. Needing only minor repairs and regular maintenance items. Living in Maryland the winter salt use took its toll over the 9 yrs. Mainly the truck held up. If anyone is considering a compact truck with no modern frills cause of its age, has great 4wd, and will get you where you need to go every time.

I'll Own a Toyota Truck For the Rest of My Life!
By Jennifer G

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my first, brand new Toyota Pick-Up truck in 1987. Back then, it didn't have a model name. It was just a Toyota pick-up. It lasted me 16 years and 316,000 miles. The engine was still strong, but it started costing me too much on maintenance for other things that were wearing down. I was so happy with my old truck, I honestly didn't want to get rid of it, but it was dying a slow death and beginning to leave me stranded everywhere. In 2003, I wanted nothing else but another Toyota truck. So I bought a 2003 Toyota Tacoma. 15 years and 197,000 miles later, this truck is running like a champ with no signs of quitting on me. Everything is running strong, I've had no mechanical problems, I keep up on all regular maintenance, and I absolutely LOVE this truck. I'm only sad that this will be the last manual truck I'll ever own since manual vehicles are becoming obsolete. But I LOVE manual trucks. I've already decided that my next truck, which will be no time soon, will be a Toyota Pre-Runner because I don't see myself in anything else but Toyota trucks.

Can't Be Stopped by Snow, Rain, Mud or Rough Roads
By DANIEL

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great truck for light hauling, fishing off the beach and traveling off road. Excellent ride on street travel. Five speed transmission is smooth and useful with its 4x4 gear box. Except for routine maintenance, no repairs had to be made. Jump seat in extra-cab with storage, rear window slider and rear side windows that push out on an angle.

does very well
By Larry

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It has served me very well