Used 2000 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

283K and still going!
By Maryellen Voigt

2000 Toyota Sienna CE 3dr Minivan

We bought this van new in 2000 and it has been the most amazing vehicle we've ever owned. We maintained it well and despite a few minor mechanical problems at 200K+, she's been a gem. We just gave this van to a family who needed it and it still runs great. I recently bought a 2008 Sienna to replace the 2000 van and hope it makes it to 283K too!

This is the best minivan around.
By M. Karp

2000 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

At 340,000 miles, the time has now come to retire my sienna. I bought this well-maintained example just under a year ago to use for my courier business. In a little under a year I have put over a hundred ten thousand miles on the van. In that time all I've done is a couple of brake jobs, a set of tires, an alternator, and a battery. Not even a tune-up. It still gets 23 MPG or better and does everything I needed to do. The original engine now Burns about a quart of oil every twelve hundred miles or so, the power steering fluid is leaking badly from the rack and pinion, and it's going to need a catalytic converter to pass emissions. This is the reason for the retirement. As it is right now it still runs, shifts, turns, and stops very well. If you're looking for an inexpensive family hauler or something for Courier work, this is about the most reliable older van you can find.

Built to Last!
By swinters683

2000 Toyota Sienna CE 3dr Minivan

We have 195K on ours that we bought used with 117K on it. Its a family hauler and has been on numerous trips on vacation and back and forth to school. I have owned Chevy, Mazda, Jeep, Chrysler and Honda and couldn't afford to keep them on the road. Toyota reliability is off the charts compared to the others. Now I have a 4Runner as well and it is as good as the Sienna. The van has a lot of amenities for the year. We are having the timing belt done on it now and plan on getting a lot of life out of it. Great vehicle. Low cost of operation.

They all have defective engines
By Sammy Tom

2000 Toyota Sienna CE 3dr Minivan

I bought a 2000 Sienna and people should know that all the 1st generation Sienna's have what are known as "sludge engines". Toyota sent out 3.3 million letters to owners extending the warranty from 3 to 8 years because of this. The engines are defective so join a forum before you buy one and ask about the sludge problem. Also, from what I've read, Toyota has been really nasty and unless the car was ready to die next week they wouldn't honor the warranty extension. Very, very few people got any warranty work done. So it was a con job and because of this engine problem it would be wise to get a different vehicle.

its worth it to buy this van
By izar

2000 Toyota Sienna CE 3dr Minivan

I just bought the 2000 toyota sienna 3.0 ce, the car is well kept and mechanically maintained by the previous owner. It has 155k miles on it and the interior & exterior are still in good conditions. The price I got was cheap too about $3,500. I choose this van because of the big space inside & because of its brand. toyota van will just move on the road without any trouble. The spare part are cheap & easy to get & there are so many mechanic that can handle this car too. I would suggest to people to but this car. Don't really trust on the negative review about this vehicle, because if you realized, there are many Sienna out there still move strong on the road..

the large inside area of the van make it so comfortable for my wife & kids to sit at the back. The price is cheap & wort for your money.