Used 1991 Toyota Pickup Consumer Reviews

$830 - $1,761

Used Pickup for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

1991 Toyota Pickup

1991 Mountain Goat!, 05/22/2007

According to the original owner, it never broke down, NOT ONCE! I say the same. I turn the key and it fires, purrs and just keeps on keepin on. Everything works and well! It has beautiful balance, stock shocks. It's just so trouble free and durable. I've owned many vehicles. This truck is just quality and quality lasts.

Bulletproof!

alans, 09/09/2004

I bought this baby 4 years ago w/~120,000 on the clock. I love it! From what I understand it is the last year of the long bed w/ the one ton option. This truck carries more than my brothers big Ford, can tow over 5000 lbs., is EXtremely quick, and is always reliable. I now have about 150k on it and plan on keeping it until it croaks, which is probably many years down the road (my last Toyota-1984 cost me $700 and lasted over 200k and 10 years). Do not hesitate to buy this truck, if you don't tell me and I will.

Excellent Pickup

dgalan, 05/25/2005

14 years old and it still runs great. The only issue I have with it is that for a V6, I thought it would have had more power. But like I said, it is 14 years old.

Can't Kill It!

Jason Goetz, 08/24/2008

I can't say enough about my truck. Still get compliments and people trying to buy it. Bought it at 100K. Now at 308,000 miles with no rebuild. Just replaced my 5-speed trans a few month ago. It's so reliable, I can't get myself to sell it. Even the Crimson red paint still glows.

Reliable

novak, 05/14/2010

Very reliable truck, I've only had one problem, and that was a brake line rotted through, and the rims started rotting through, but that has been it and we have bad winters here in Iowa, with plenty of salt so it's understandable

My Father's Truck...I love it!!

Betsy, 02/02/2016
Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab SB

My father passed in 2012, I have been driving his truck around the beach ever since. He told me as long as I keep oil in it, it will run forever. Now has 267,000 on odometer and is smooth riding. Have taken it on trips where I won't trust my newer cars!! thanks Pops, Love ya!!

Best Truck

USC66, 12/26/2008

Bought this truck with only 1 option on it (rear bumper) in 91 for $7900. The first problem I had out of it was at 192000 miles, the original fan belt broke. The second issue I had was at 303000 miles the clutch finally gave out. At this time, I replaced a couple of gaskets on it because of of oil leaks and that is it. Honestly, I couldn't have ask for a better truck. At 320000 the truck still drives almost like it did when I bought it. I wouldn't be surprised if I got another 300000 out of it. I have put city miles as well as highway miles on it. I am amazed at how reliable and durable this truck has been. I do wish I could find another seat for it though because the one in it is worn out.

head gasket failure

scott, 02/02/2010

I've owned my 1991 V6 4x4 for about 14 years, Toyota replaced head gasket on recall in 1999. The truck has been reliable and trouble free until last week when the head gasket let go again. This was a very expensive fix, including machining of heads,timing belt,water pump, fuel injectors and new radiator. So $3500 later, i hope i now have that reliable,trouble free truck back !

Best vehicle I ever owned

Andrewred, 06/25/2008

I've owned my Toyota for 14 years now, and no breakdowns. Really, it doesn't feel any different to drive than when I first bought it. The 22RE doesn't get great mileage, about 18, but I've never had any problems with it or the fuel injection. To date, I've replaced an o2 sensor, speedometer cable, and just recently the clutch (used to have big tires). But other than those parts, it's been only consumables. Maybe one of the most reliable vehicles ever built. And looks so good in black.

unbelievable reliability

cujo, 04/16/2002

have put 225000 mi. on this truck. total repairs; 2 thermostats ( $3.50 each ) and a radiator at 200,000 ($109.00). I think this is the most economical vehicle ever built

51050