Used 2012 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Avalon for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Used but looks brand new!

Joseph Iero, 04/08/2016
4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought 2012 CPO Avalon. It has been great so far. Very comfortable, engine responsive and gives good gas mileage. Ave. 25mpg so far. Can probably get 28 or 29 depending on how you drive. The interior is well designed and everything looks and feels like quality. The speedometer would benefit from cleaner markings. (Looks like they remedied it in later years) Not many things I can complain about. If you are looking for a comfortable car that can carry 5 people in comfort and gets great gas mileage, look for one of these. You won't be sorry. Update: The car threw a misfire code while I was on vacation in Florida (1200 miles from home) Shut down the traction control and cruise control. Took it to Lakeland Toyota. They had me up and going in 1.5 hrs., took really good care of me ( better than the Toyota Dealer a half mile from my house) and got me on my way. I can't say enough nice things about how I was treated here. Manny really fixed me up. Thanks again Manny.

Bulletproof

John Burke, 09/05/2016
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

after a year, I'm really satisfied with this car. MPG has been super. Overall about 22. Higywayup at 30mpg @ 76 on cruise. Love safety features w/lane departure, emergency braking, distance adjustment on cruise. Pedestrian alert. Very comfortable & suspension adjustment for sporty driving. I'm very pleased. A big step up from '12 model. Have now completed 2 full years with the car. Nothing’s changed. It’s been bulletproof & always a pleasure to drive. Mileage on road went up to 31 last trip. It’s a real cruiser, quiet & comfortable plus you can’t beat the price especially compared to Lexus ES 350.

My new boo!

K. Marshall, 09/22/2015
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My previous car was a 2006 Ford Five Hundred (large and sturdy), so transitioning to the Avalon took a bit getting used to as the Avalon sets lower to the ground than the 500 and I'm an older driver. I purchased the car used in May 2015 and could not have made a better purchase. She's beautiful and so impressive to look at, her drive is smooth, and the speaker system is out of this world - I have the Avalon Limited with all the convenience features. A bonus for me was she only had 6,600 miles on her - how lucky was I. She handles well and has great acceleration. Some of the categories I can't rate yet (snow traction, active safety, repair frequency) since I've only owned her for 5 months, but when you run her through the car wash, she shines like new money!

Such a Deal!

Alan, 06/30/2017
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had owned a certified, pre-owned Lexus es330 and was thinking at 95,000 miles to get an update to 2012 es 350 version but found price too stiff. So began to look at 2012 Avalon Limited from Toyota dealer which also was certified pre-owned and found a beauty last August 2016. Love the clean beige interior color and the crimson mica exterior that literally glitters in the sun. Had only 30,000 miles on it which is for me a sweet spot. The Limited version has all the bells and whistles I wanted on a Lexus es 350 and in addition is roomier and I found more powerful pick up. Though maybe don't get the Lexus cache but get everything and more at a lower price point. Now in July 2019 still really enjoy the car. My only small concern has been realizing how big the car is due to very large back seat area, that I rarely use. So sometimes think might be better to have a smaller car, but not enough to begin looking again.

Mississippi John Hurt sings "Avalon"

Rob Hood, 08/06/2016
4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great therapy for aching back!Very agile large car with acceleration which will surprise,quicker than my Porsche 912.Needs a sound proof window barrier between driver compartment and rear seat when grandchildren are back there!

Perfect Toyota...as usual!

Pat Sokoly, 09/09/2016
4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love my second Toyota Avalon! My first one was fabulous and i sold it with 218,000 miles on it. Love Toyota's!

I'm in LOVE

Alice, 04/27/2018

Have lots of Money!

A good car

Isidro Blanco, 06/30/2018
4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a very reliable car made by Toyota. The only problem that I have is with the A/C which is not working properly and acting erratically. The problem started when the vehicle reach 55K miles which is on my opinion too early. Other than that the car is working perfectly.

MY FIRST VERY CONNECTED AVALON

ROGER ABEL, 01/14/2019
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Avalon the first was a 2012. It was great, but, I wanted the new safety features. I bought the limited version and it is so loaded with features that it will be weeks before i understand them all. My sales person at Performance Toyota was new and of no help with how things work. There is a lot of support from Toyota on the internet (thank god). I originally wanted a hybrid, but, the four cylinder engine is too noisy and the drive train never seemed to stay in one mode or gear for very long. Long story short I love the v-6 engine, it is very powerful. The transmission is new for this model and if it holds up like the prior 6 speed it will be fine. The shifting on the 8 speed is very smooth and quiet. I did the due diligence again this time and the Avalon is still the best bang for the buck.

Grandma/grandpa car

Jbtsurf, 09/11/2018
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great car for old people or toting around kids in car seats. Decent fuel economy. Toyota would do right by extending their true Motorsport vehicles into their line up... but they seem to have to whole market fooled into buying their extraordinarily boring vehicles, especially camrys and tacomas. Thank goodness for the return of the Supra.

L-O-V-E this car!

smokeyjoe, 06/24/2012

I grew up with the "boats" of the 1970s, driving used Caddys, Pontiacs & Buicks that wouldn't fit in a modern garage. I loved the "float" and the overall comfort those cars provided. I seriously considered a Crown Vic/Grand Marquis and Caddy DTS before noticing the Avalon. The Caddy was too pricey and the interior didn't really suit me...the CV/GM just were so outdated that I wouldn't be happy. The Avalon is a perfect mix of comfort and amenities. The rear seat is so spacious that my 4-yo's feet can't reach back of my seat! The steering wheel tilts far down like the cars of yesteryear (and current Buicks) and telescopes right to me. I love how the car rides. I would recommend it..HIGHLY!!

The scoop