Used 2005 Suzuki Forenza Consumer Reviews

Used Forenza for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...22

Pros
Cons

Worst Car Experience

adam, 02/29/2008
S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has many electrical, and powertrain problems that may not be detected until after the standard and powertrain warranty. There are so many complaints floating around that raises questions about Suzuki Auto's quality control. Not every vehicle is free of problems, but this is ridiculous. My advice, avoid the Forenza at all costs. The 2005 Forenza Wagon and other problematic models should be put out of their misery. Save your money, do your research, and invest in a more reliable auto. Don't even get me started on trying to get repairs done on this. This by far is the worst car experience I've ever had. :(

treat it right

campercasado, 11/12/2011
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

if you treat it right it will treat you right. that means regular maintenance. i have had it for awhile and it works great. big enough for my family.

trying to hard

sparkey424, 10/26/2011
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

although this is one of my favorite cars i have had, it has a lot of problems. it's estimated mpg is [non-permissible content removed]. i have never seen better than 25 mpg. it looks pretty ugly, paint is terrible and is chipping away. has no power what so ever. if i have my ac on and try to go i have to burn the clutch to hell. recently somebody tried to break into my car and messed the locking system up and the dealership wants to charge 1200 dollars for it. break light never goes off. dealer wants 2300 for that. and my airbag light is on, which again is 1200 dollars to fix. although i have no problems with the rims. take it off roading where i'm not supposed to be and can take the abuse.

The Good And The Bad

Robert, 08/11/2005
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Overall I am satisied with the vehicle. It has a rigid body, well constructed and free of rattles or excessive road noise. The engine is strong, transmission shifting smooth, it should be better on gas though. It responds well to throttle and has good braking. The S mode provides many good standard options included in base price. By far the biggest mistake is in not providing cruise control as part of the standard options. The dealer is unable to install a cruise control as Suzuki does not offer one as a dealer option. No other cruise control is offered by any other vendors. Now I am stuck with no hopes of ever getting a cruise control installed.

Mixed Breed

paul wernich, 11/29/2005
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had researched this car and found it interesting that it was sold by a Japanese company, built in Korea, designed by the Italians, and the parent company (GM) was American. In any case the car is solid, attractive, affordable, and loaded with features. I have the 5-speed manual and it drives and handles quite well. After nearly eight months I've only had a few problems. The brakes had to be adjusted because the car was shaking when I went to stop, the passenger air-bag sensor was bad and the entire seat had to be replaced, the driver side seat fabric came loose at the bottom, and the steering wheel makes noise when I turn. Overall, I am very pleased with my Forenza.

12345...22