Used 2005 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

$7,999

Used Impreza for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great kid car

Dcrespo, 10/23/2009

I was looking for a car for my 16 year old son - required ABS, Airbags and AWD (we live in CO). This car has enough power to make it thru the mountains and gets 30 mpg. It holds all his hockey gear and it is easy to find tires and parts.

Great Wagon

stocksj, 06/07/2012

I've have my Impreza RS Wagon since new in 2005 and it's always been very reliable in all weather. Mileage is good and it always runs. I've used it as a truck hauling my hobby stuff and gardening things. The HVAC does not blow cold AC from the lower vents but it's no differnt than the 2002 WRX wagon I traded in for this. This car's a keeper for life.

Cheap & Fun AWD Car!

Matt, 02/24/2010

I bought this car in September of last year to use as a winter car instead of my Mustang GT. I bought it with 93,000km on it and I now have 104,000km. Obviously, the car is GREAT in the snow. With 4 snow tires, you can pretty much plow your street with your front bumper and still not get stuck. The car is comfortable, but I find the seats somewhat stiff (base RS seats) for longer trips. Fuel mileage is great for this engine and AWD. I've gotten a best of 32 MPG on the highway in the Winter, driving 120 km/hr. I imagine 35 MPG highway is attainable in the Summer. Features are alright. The radio is poor - changing the faceplate helps. Parts are expensive (import). I'd buy another one!

Impressive Impreza!

andrew, 02/15/2017
2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my 2005 Impreza 2.5 RS 5 speed. I bought this car because i needed something that was good in bad weather especially snow. It had to be good to decent on fuel because i do some driving for work. I didn't want a blah car either and i didn't want to spend over 3 grand on it. well, i got the car with 157k miles for 1500 bucks! very clean in and out! one owner since new and serviced by the dealer. I have put about 800 miles on it so far and i have to say, I LOVE IT! We just had about a foot of snow and this thing was unstoppable! Handles really good , driving position is good, shifting is good though i think the shifter should be taller. Its comfortable and nice to drive. The engine makes a great sound, i dont think i have an after market exhaust but man does it sound great! The brakes are not that great. The pedal doesn't grab right away, you have to get your foot in it to brake. I have heard this is common with these cars. The interior is nice, plain jane but not dull looking at all. It gives you a sporty feel when driving it even though you know its an econo box. The seats are nice and just comfortable enough. The trunk is huge! Takes potholes and other road imperfection really well. The doors feel really light. I guess this is done for reduce weight and better fuel economy because of the all wheel drive system. The radio is horrible! doesn't not have good reception. The ac is ok and the heat is really hot! I some how find myself wanting to drive it more. Ive owned and own pretty cool cars and this subie is just as much fun to drive! There are a few things i have discovered that owners must pay attention to. Change oil regularly, change your coolant every 2 years and make sure your battery terminals have no corrosion on them. This is to help avoid the head gasket issues these cars have. This car had that taken car of including a new ac compressor. I read that it is best to use subaru coolant etc instead of your conventional coolants. I would recommend this car to anyone as long as you do your home work. Its the best alternative to owning a big, gas guzzling suv. It was between a subaru and a nissan xterra but i really do feel i made the right choice! I could have gone with a front wheel drive vehicle but i really wanted 4x4 or all wheel drive and this subaru in my honest opinion is the best choice hands down! Update: previous owner didn't replace timing belt tensioner, it slipped, ruined the heads. Luckly, my friend knew of a Subaru geek and the heads were rebuilt, ported, new valves, cleaned all carbon build up, cleaned pistons and piston walls, new belt and pulleys. Runs amazingly! More pep and pulls through out the rpm gauge. It's fantastic.......but I'm bored. Not enough performance. Not many blizzards here in new jersey so what's the point? Awd and fine tuned handling is a high plus on this car. I should have spent the money on the wrx.

Amazing car! You'll be hooked.

Nic, 07/16/2010

I purchased my STi used two years ago, and have loved every minute! I live in NE Wisconsin and enjoy twisty roads in the summer on performance tires, and switch to snow tires in the winter. What an amazing car that does so many things well. The mechanical build quality is superb, steering feedback is great and tracks like the cars on rails, and suspension is taught. WARNING: The suspension is firm, most would call harsh. It's a rally car, buy a Buick if your not hardcore about suspension firmness. The drivetrain is a gem. The 2.5 L turbo and 6 speed manual are perfect matches. Fuel economy is great for a performance car, I average 21 mpg with a lot of highway commuting.

2005 Subaru Toy.

Carlos Juan, 11/18/2008

It's a great performance bargain, bought mine used for $13,000 with only 37,000 miles. The car runs flawless 227hp, 24/28mpg and AWD makes this one of the best choices for a good all around car. Don't let the teenager car looks fool you because it can surely put a smile in your face. Excellent in city and highway. Easy to make most sports cars look like an economy car from 0-60 and all on a budget.

My 2.5RS w/ sport package

JEFF CHEN, 04/16/2005

I bought my white 2.5RS in March 2005. I love it. I drive it everyday. It is a practical car. I'm still breaking in my engine and shift up before 4k rpm. The engine sounds great even under 4k RPM, the ride is smooth, and the handling is responsive. However, the launch from zero of this car seems to be soft ( I guess it is due to AWD torque distribution), and the braking is soft too. The braking is acceptable but NO where near impressive. I may upgrade the brake in the future. You don't get WRX or STI from this one, but you got an Impreza, too. I'd proudly recommend this great car.

Happy so far

theKman, 09/07/2005

In a little under a year of driving this vehicle, I have had zero problems with it. I chose it for its AWD here in New England, even though I work for a Toyota dealer. It appealed to me much more than the AWD Matrix. I expected a little more power from the engine, and assume it's soaked up a bit from the AWD, but I'm glad I chose the 2.5RS over the WRX. I couldn't justify the $5,000+ premium over the 2.5, plus the WRX requires premium gas. The interior is pleasing to the eye, and very comfortable for my 6'3", 230lb. frame. The base factory audio system is extremely lacking in features and sound quality. I appreciate the functionality of the wagon and the folding rear seats.

Maybe the best all around car

Subie4life, 03/09/2010

I just got back from the dealer for a recall. Yep, after 96,000 miles this is the first time I took it to the dealer. What a great car. I've totally abused this thing (from landscaping materials to my 4-60 lb dogs) and it begs for more. I've only done routine maintenance (tires at 50k, oil every 3k) and it's as strong as ever. It thrives in bad weather (torrential downpours here in Miami and trips to the snow in NC). I get not great, but definitely good gas mileage (21-22 city, 26-27 hwy) and it has plenty of room for just about anything I need. Yes...you should buy one. I expect to keep mine for well over 5 more years and 100k miles.

M3? why?

James, 09/09/2005

Three months ago, on my way to BMW dealer to trade in my mint '93 Supra Twin Turbo for an M3, I had a kid in some big winged creature badged STi. Yes, it was faster than my stock Supra, and I had the embarrassing pleasure to see the rear badge. I took an early exit ramp to the Subaru dealer, drove the STi, wiped the drool off of my face at the signing table, and bought it. 3 months later, I still drool after I drive it to and back from work. Let's see (comparing M3); 4 doors to 2. All wheel drive to rear wheel drive. (I live where it snows), handles almost as good and wait, $30,000 less? Bottom line: I bought a faster, more fun, more practical car and i didn't have to trade in the Supra.

A true driver's car

Stephen, 02/05/2005

This is a car for anybody who loves driving and wants some performance to go along with utility. At this price, I do not know of any other car that provides this kind of performance and handling with 4 doors and all-wheel drive. This car puts you in a special community too: other WRX drivers on the road ALWAYS smile and wave at me! How many other Japanese sedans have that kind of following?

Versatile!

DD, 07/20/2008

This car is meant to be driven hard, and it's loads of fun when driven hard. I wish the turbo would be more readily available, but what's really great about the car is the value for money - AWD, Turbo, Sporty, and a Wagon. It's a great blend of features I was looking for. It's practical, affordable, and a lot of fun to drive as a sporty car. It's my first new car, and it's been rock solid so far. No complaints.

Great car, way more fun than many others

MFK, 12/19/2008

I used to own a 1999 Legacy/Outback, I purchased this car (2005 Impreza Outback Sport) w/12000 miles and have found it to be a blast to drive. It was literally the car purchased by the little old lady (dealer put in a new clutch before putting it on the lot, I purchased Subaru warranty). Ironically, before I went Subaru in the beginning, I was driving V-8 Mustangs, the Impreza is way more fun, it is nimble, sure footed and safe and has great visibility. Compared to it's peers it is an all weather handling beast without over steer, under steer or torque steer (an FWD plague). The other car I have access to is a 2006 Nissan Maxima...I never touch it.

Amazing car!!

ScoobyRex, 01/22/2009

I bought my 05 with 15000 miles on it. Great performance car, with minor (about $1500) engine upgrades its at est 285hp/285 tq and runs with most cars on the road!! And I can still haul my daughter and a trunk full of groceries without a problem. I get 22-28 mpg AFTER being tuned to almost 300 hp. I have driven on horrendous winter roads with it (and Blizzaks) and it is amazing--more controlled and sure-footed than the 4wd Explorer I owned in the past. My only regret is not buying one as soon as they hit the US shores in 2002!

Great car, no complaints here

mfk3, 02/14/2009

I had a 1999 Legacy Outback, went to trade it in and found this 2005 Impreza Outback w/14000 miles on it, I liked the style better than the 2008 Impreza Outback. I bought it as a Subaru CPO car and have never looked back or wanted for something else. In fact I looked at Mustang V-8's first (nostalgia), drove an Impreza RS and I was totally hooked on the Impreza. It felt like more of a performance machine than the Mustang.

Handles like no other

usmm01, 08/17/2009

I am a loyal fan of Subaru, our old impreza was a 97 outback sport. This is my first purchase of a turbo. We are pleased with the WRX as usual with handling and fuel economy w/ cruise hwy. 29.5 mpg @ 65- 70mph! City 23mpg. I will own nothing but Subaru.

I can't wait to get into this car!

MIke Vax, 12/04/2004

After driving trucks and minivans for about ten years, I am having a ball with this car. I actually look forward to getting into it and sometimes go the "long way" just to have more time in it. I just completed a 760 mile drive in one day and it was a "piece of cake." I was refreshed when I arrived and had a great time while driving. The turbo lag takes some getting used to, especially after bigger engines, but this car does get up and goes when you want it to, especially at higher speeds. (We won't talk about how fast that long trip went.....) I need room to carry people and things and this car is perfect for that. Four people work in it. The driver's seat is really comfortable

Perfect all around vehicle

Justin, 02/18/2005

I did a lot of research before buying my Subaru. I narrowed my choices to a Jeep Liberty, Mazda 3, Toyota Rav4, and the Subaru Impreza. The Impreza won out for a few reasons. I was looking for something that was good in the snow since I live in Minnesota. I was also looking for something that was good on gas, but could also be rugged and haul my camping gear. The Subaru Impreza was the perfect mix of everything I had wanted in a vehicle. It performed extremely well this winter in the snow. The car does better than an SUV for gas, but worse than most small cars. I am getting 23 city, 28hwy. Overall, I couldn't be happier with my decision.

WRX has No downsides

David, 03/30/2005

I have a '05 WRX in World Rally Blue with 16 inch rims and this car has been so much fun. 13,000 miles on her now and no problems. All wheel drive really helped when a friend and I were caught in a snow blizzard. We never needed chains but I saw that mostly everyone else did; even those big full size and 1 ton trucks need chains on and in 4 wheel drive.

Subaru WRX is a great overall car

WRX Fan, 04/10/2005

The Subaru Impreza WRX is an amazing overall vehicle. It has great pickup, reliability, and styling. For the money I give this car a 12/10. I have had no problems and enjoy driving my 5 speed Subaru everywhere. It always feels good when you see everybody else looking at your car and giving you the thumbs up. The Subaru is a great buy because of the price, safety, and it is fun to drive.

An Excellent Value

ScoobieDoobie, 05/17/2005

I have ~5000 miles on Scoobie and it is a fine car so far. My wife wanted a wagon and I wanted a Mustang GT - a good compromise? I think so. Decent performance but this car is rough around the edges - the ride is firm, mechanical clatter and road noise are always present. Scoobie's economy car roots show through at times.

May be the perfect car...

maastrichtian, 05/26/2005

Perfect blend of performance, utility, economy, reliability... Performance: 0-60 in ~6 sec (with AWD). Utility: AWD for off-road + rain/snow, >60 cu.ft. cargo capacity, decent ground clearance as opposed to many sports cars, allows you to navigate over bad roads or off road. Economy: I paid ~$22k & get ~25 miles per gallon fuel economy. Reliability: it's a Subaru! Everyone I've ever known who had Subarus still has them. Also nice is the long list of standard features: 6-disc in-dash cd player, side airbags, ABS brakes (saved me from a wreck about 100 miles after buying it -- I would have crashed into stopped highway traffic had I been in my Pathfinder), automatic climate control.

Prime "hidden" sports car

Dr Z, 07/08/2005

Exceptional covert turbo station wagon. Greatly priced for the performance and features Subaru offers. Slight lag when below 3000 rpm and turbo seems to fail when in 5th gear. Good overall visibility, good comfort (driver's seat could be a bit higher for better visibility, esp. over hood scoop), handling is by far the best and smooth, center of gravity is slow and makes the ride feel extremely safe, sound system quality excels, fuel economy is good but fails with A/C and turbo acceleration. Interior room is larger than expected. Updated exterior is stylish and yet subdued. As my second Subaru purchase, I am more than satisfied with the Subaru quality of AWD and exceptional service.

So far so good....

Bigskymt3777, 08/28/2004

Looked at alot of cars/suvs the Outback Sport was the only one that was in my price range and had AWD...Handling has been great...Gas mileage right now with 500 miles 23-24 miles combined hoping for more...All the bells and whistles are nice...Love the color...Seats take a little to get used to...Back seat plenty of room for passangers and my youngest loves the two cup holders that pop out (those are his)...Have heard some wind noise but livable...Stereo not bad maybe a litte bit better speakers for standard would be nice...Over-all I am Happy...Can hardly wait for fall and winter lol

Great Car

Greg Case, 04/05/2006

The car is fabulous. It is the best bad weather car I have ever driven. It is very stable in the rain and snow. It does require snow tires for snow use, as the OE summer tires have no snow tread. The performance of the car is great. It responds to inputs similar to a racecar. The tires, suspension, and steering have little compliance, which makes it so responsive. The engine has plenty of low end torque and good top end power. I was surprised at just how much better the engine and handling is compared to the standard WRX. The engine alone is probably worth the price difference, and the handling makes it even better yet. Its handling is close to neutral, and the steering responds to throttle.

The Blueberry that nobody else liked!

Kitsune, 07/20/2019
WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I loved my car. I was in an accident a few days ago. I've shed more than a few tears since finding out that the insurance company decided to total my baby. It was a fantastic car! The fuel mileage was a little low, and you have to put premium in it, but she's got a *lot* of get-up-n-go! Speedy when getting out on to the highway and merging in traffic, for sure! I loved the extra giant hood scoop that everyone seemed to hate. It looked aggressive. Especially when I repainted it matte black. It was Subaru's rally team blue, which is a lovely color. Very eye catching. There are not all that many WRXs around, so I could always find it in a parking lot. I think it broke down a total of 3 times ever, barring tire mishaps. First time, was a warranty repair on the ignition switch. One time, a hose slipped off, and just had to be tightened back on. Third time was a cracked radiator that I had to replace. That was it, folks. Super dependable. Drove great on snow. Fantastic for hauling the dogs to the park and looking fast while sitting still! Alas, someone making an illegal left turn right in front of you does nothing for your car. Now I have to find a new one.

Best. Episode. Ever.

rallyfan, 05/24/2004

If you're researching this vehicle, you don't need my opinion on it, right? Well, I'll give it to you anyway. 100% fun. Great seating position. The layout of the redesigned dashboard is great. All the trick gadgets are mostly on the driver's side so your passengers won't futz with much while you're trying to drive. This car has incredible power and wonderful driving dynamics. The shifting is crisp yet smooth and there's more torque than you know what to do with. Gas mileage isn't the best, but when you're having this much fun, who cares?!

The poor man's supercar

Steve, 04/25/2005

The car drives like it is on rails, and has almost limitless power. The torque is amazing compared to my old 99 Honda Civic Si. The STi is an amazing machine. I am still in awe. People look at me like I'm a rock star.

2005 Subaru WRX STi

AcidRat, 05/24/2004

Excellent power range and handling. I have a neck injury that is somewhat aggravated if I'm in the car for more than two hours. The car attracts more attention than I had counted on but the majority is positive. I used to drive 5- 10 mph over the speed limit, I now go at the limit or 5 mph under. The noise level is livable. Ergonomics are excellent. I'm 6'3, 190# and I have no problem getting in or out of the car. There are several seating positions that I find comfortable. The back seat is big enough for two adults. The paint is very hard which makes it scratch easily, the trunk is spacious, gas mileage is about 20 mpg.

My 1st Subaru!

ebravol, 06/04/2004

The 2005 Outback Sport Wagon (5-speed manual) is my first Subaru. What made me hesitant about the 2004 model was the placement of the front cup holders. The 2005 Outback Sport has the front cup holders the center console between the seats. Also, there are rear cup holders. The car is very responsive and has great power given the engine size. I am getting about 24 mpg. The rating for city is 23 mpg which is 1-2 miles better than the 2004. My 6-foot friend sat in the back seat and said the leg room was good. Also, there is lots of storage compartments.

Fun Car

carramrod, 10/18/2004

Purchased an 05' WRX, absolutely love it. The all wheel drive definately sets it apart from other cars in its class. If you want a fun and comfortable car to drive i would recommend looking into a WRX.

Nice Subby

XCELLR8, 05/24/2005

Bought the 2005 STI in May of this year. Since then I have noticed only VERY small limitations to the performance of the this car. If you plan on buying an STI, here is what to expect. YES, turbo lag only until you hit the 3000 RPM area; then its a beast. Understeer on tight corners, and vision out the rear view mirror because of the wild foot tall wing, love it! I have to admit coming from all types of American and German vehicles, this car has what it takes to be a real threat to the more exotic cars available and in some cases half the price and to boot economical at the pump! Another little tidbit...you're going to need to invest in floor mats and the better sounding stereo system!

Most Fun Compact Car with AWD!

David, 07/05/2005

I've had my Impreza 2.5 RS Sports Wagon for just over a month. It's exactly what I'm looking for -- compact size, reasonable power, and lots of cargo space. I've had two other compact cars (Dodge Neon and Ford Focus) and the Impreza is the best by far. The front seats are excellent for everyday driving, they are very supportive and controls are exactly where they should be. Passing power is great in city, I can change lanes with ease. One thing that I'm uncertain about the Impreza are the frameless doors, although they feel sporty, but might increase wind noise in a couple years ?

YOU WANT THIS CAR!

kennyinmanhattan, 12/06/2005

I have had my Impreza wagon for almost a year now. No issues less a little window screech now and again. I live in Vermont now, and the AWD is superb in the snow (drove to Boston in a blizzard and it was wicked fun!), and solid feeling on wet roads in driving rain as well. I will only be getting a new one when there is a moonroof option and leather seating. It would be nice to have cold weather packages in dealer stock, like wiper warmers, and wheel well warmers to counter snow build up in the front especially. Despite my desire for perfection ... a true winner. My sister has an '04 automatic, and having driven both extensively, I recommend the manual for more power.

Love this Car!

Jo, 10/17/2006

This car has been wonderful for me! Since the date of purchase I have not had any mechanical or other problems at all. I love driving it around, the car always gets a few looks. This car is not WRX but it still has a lot of punch to it, it's very fun to drive. The only downside is that the mileage is not the greatest, however keep in mind that you are getting excellent AWD performance at all times. On a 60 litre tank of gas, i average about 600km per tank.

Owning an amazing car.

Leonardo Pineda, 06/10/2016
WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My name is Leo , and I have owned my Subaru WRX STI for two years now. This car his given me no problems at all. I am from a small town where it snows a little so people are always struggling with driving in the winter, but with my Subaru the snow was no challenge . The AWD makes it ride really smooth and all 4 seasons. I did not even have to worry about putting chains on my car , for the car would go through it like nothing . Not only are these cars amazing with weather, but they are also really fun ( speed wise ) . My car just got a stage 2 tune with a Cobb v3 accessport and it runs amazing! I have it tuned at 19 psi and can hear te turbo starting to spool as soon as I hit the gas. I have the td04 turbo which is not the best at starting to spool, but once it spools the car pulls really hard. I also have an ERZ downpipe, Cobb v3 accesport, GBF BOV, Perrin cold air intake , mancoo boost gauge , and bigger injectors. I have not had one single problem with my car since I bought it. I got my car for 18 thousand dollars with 96xxx miles, and I can tell you it's one hella of a deal that I've made.

Very solid, just a few minor dislikes

Captain D, 05/21/2008

I have 83,000 miles on the clock at this time. It's been very solid and reliable. It drives pretty well. I have found over the years that the suspension does not feel as solid and connected to the road as it used to. The interior noise can be bad when you have passengers. Overall it's been a very reliable and solid car.

It Could Use Some Things.

Gary Sanderson, 08/08/2006

This car is exceptional in the snow. I live in a very hilly area and had no problems navigating the icy roads. The car is extremely quick with a quarter mile of 12.4 seconds. I love to drive it all the time. Even though the gas mileage stinks its still great to drive and I don't mind spending the extra cash for gas. I love this car and will never buy anything else.

Next time I'll go Manual

MTLA, 12/14/2007

We're getting ready to trade in old Scooby due to punishing fuel consumption and need for more room for older-folks stuff like groceries, boxes of toys, gallon jugs of milk, etc. The car's been utterly reliable; nothing's fallen off; nothing creaks or buzzes, even after 3 1/2 years. The interior's pretty dull to the point of being jail cell-like. The base engine / auto box combination is far from ideal -- pretty sluggish actually, but really, I can't complain. It handles superbly and corners like it's on rails, you run out of courage before the car runs out of grip. It's hardly depreciated, always started, and would make a brilliant student car. Well done.

Great Car! More fun than newer models!

Anonymous, 07/06/2008

I bought a Subaru Impreza sport wagon. It's funny because it was more of a hatchback than a station wagon and it handled amazingly well. I recently totaled it but came out without a scratch! When I test drove the new 2008 Imprezas, they were clunkier, heavier, and didn't take turns as well. I know 3 years isn't long, but I never had a single problem that brought me to the dealer. I'm a huge fan and wish they didn't redesign the imprezas so I could happily buy another one! Great gas mileage, handling, braking, acceleration (for it's price and engine), lots of storage space on the wagonI

Truck replacement

Bryan1280, 08/14/2008

I was looking for a car to replace my truck so I got the Subaru and a utility trailer. The Subaru with AWD is much better than my truck in 4WD in the snow. The Subaru gets 24-27MPH the truck got 17-18. They are equal speed. I can tow up to 1500 pounds including the weight of the trailer which is all that I need for house hold chores and toy (ATV/Dirtbike) hauling. The mechanics of this car are solid. I am not easy on it and nothing has failed me. I even went 80,000 before replacing the brakes and 50,000 before the tires. This car handles so well in the snow that it is not even fun.

The Affordable Supercar

RallyX, 09/16/2008

I have owned this car for 3 years now, and I can honestly say there is no other car in the 30k-45k price range I would rather have. Being in the driver's seat is pure bliss, and the road will bow to your every whim. The turbo engine keeps driving exhilarating, and requires some skill to unleash fully. Interior is spartan but sufficient. Exterior screams "fear me". Fuel economy has been around 22 mpg mixed, which is excellent for such a ferocious car. Have not had a single mechanical issue yet. Take warning: 1. The ride is brutal 2. Car thieves will try to jack your car (3 attempts on my car already!)

I FEEL LIKE AN ADDICT

leafer, 10/14/2008

This car is so addicting that it draws you to the driver's seat and says let's go! The unbelievable power that is pumped out of this four banger is incredible, the car handles corners like it was a straight away, it stops on a dime picks it up, then gives you change. I cant believe the amount of respect this car gets no one wants to race you in fear of humiliation. This is absolutely the funnest car I've ever drove! (P.S. I didn't even notice there was a stereo.) Worth every penny!

The Ultimate Beast

2QIK4U, 11/22/2008

I've driven many performance cars in my time and I have to say that this car stands toe to toe with most all of them. I've outrun Cobra Mustangs, Dodge Charger SRT8s, older model Porsches, you name it. Phenomenal handling, super brakes, and a nice interior for a race car. Don't forget folks, compare the interior to other race cars, not luxury cars. It's fairly nice for a race car. It eats Vettes. They spin, you win. Awesome car! Period!

STi Performance with RS Style

Pitt Boxer, 02/08/2009

I previously owned an Intrepid with roughly the same MPG, but nowhere close to the responsiveness, handling or acceleration of the Japanese Monster. Prior to purchasing the STi I did a little research on the Evo MR. For the price and resale value, you just can't beat the Subie. Granted the Evo has a slight advantage in most categories, the Impreza is much more fun on a daily basis and as a daily drive. IMO if you are looking for a strictly track car get the MR, if you plan on having a life outside of direct competition, you better bet the STi takes the win. Subaru has an awesome track record, unlike most of its Japanese-American counterparts.

The Beast!!!!!!!

GUN-IT, 05/14/2009

What a phenomenal car. It handles like a Porsche and accelerates like one too. It's reliable and you can have four people in it as well. Good size trunk. Fun factor in this car is an absolute 10!!!!!

Subaru is awesome

STI, 09/20/2009

After weeks and weeks of looking for a car I narrowed to 2 and it was a 05 BMW 545 and a 05 sti and after test driving the bimmer I went to test drive to subie and as soon as I shifted to 2nd my decision was made. This car is so fun to drive, I get a kick watching people in my passenger seats. So quick and tough. Subaru has something going with their vehicles they're all good ones.

Great all around car

pun, 10/02/2009

I live in New England and this car does it all. Bought it brand new with zero miles and now has almost 100k and still going strong. No major troubles. Just your BASIC oil change and filter. 300 hp, how can I complain? Gas mileage is good also for a vehicle with 300 hp. You don't buy the car for the gas mileage it gets, but that's just me. Things that are bad with this car are to be expected. It's a sub 35k car brand new. For the price, it cant be beat in terms of performance, reliability, comfort, and space as a package. You cant expect this car to be your high end 90k price tag amg Mercedes. It's a Subaru...

Super commuter car!

Rob, 01/08/2005

We compared this 2005 Impreza RS2.5 to the Civic SE and couldn't believe the difference. MUCH better handling, power, and performance. This is my commuter car and it is perfect for just that. Quiet interior, superb handling; a lot of fun to drive. Build quality is solid with a great looking interior. How can this car and the Civic be in the same price category?

WOW

WOW, 01/11/2005

I'm recently out of a 2002 Civic Ex and into an Impreza RS 2.5 auto. I was shocked to see how much my Subaru rode and handled like a VW. The Subaru is rock solid, has excellent handling and sticks to the road like glue. Made my old Civic EX feel like I was driving a wheelbarrow. Fit and finish are on par with the rest of Japan. This vehicle comes highly recommended

51050