Used 2006 Scion xA Consumer Reviews - 174 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion xA Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Best little car with big interior
By cjrman

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car gets great gas milage. I am seeing 40 mpg easy on trips. It will carrie (8) 2x4x8s with the hatch closed. I had this car for 12 years and it is still running great with no rust..... Amazing automobile.

Great car bought used in 08 Low maintenance fees
By Mike B

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Never any mechanical issues. Go any where in snow with snow tires. 27 mpg in summer. Easy to park and to get around in. Good car to teach kids how to drive. The mechanics love the shape of my car! Get oil changes and change spark plugs every 60 k and you will have a runner. I have 190k miles now...

Nice handling car with good storage.
By Gerry Coffey

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car handles great around corners. Good in snow with snow tires. With back seats down can store a lot. Gas mileage 36mpg.

If I could give it 6 stars I would
By Haile

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

You either write a review for a vehicle because you love it or you hate it, and boy do I love my 06 Scion. This is the first used vehicle that I have ever purchased that I just completely fell in love with. Basically, if you're under 30 and looking for an economical car that will kick in to high gear when you need it to, look no further. I never have a worry when I visit family across state, and the 5 hour ride is comfortable and pleasant. Plus, I don't think I've ever gotten less than 30mpg in this thing. Only downside I have is that the interior will show wear and tear with age- that's just what you get with plastic made interiors. Otherwise, I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone.

**EDIT After One Year**
Still love this car. Completely crunched the front, rebuilt it because toyota makes parts readily available and cheap, and I still drive it to this day.

12 years later
By Melissa Esche

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2006 in Dec 2005 new. I liked the 39 mpg rating, but it was the test drive that sold me. I drove the 5 speed manual transmission and it was smooth. And it had plenty of pep for such a small engine. Everything still works wonderfully. I just replaced brakes but everything else is original and great. A great value.