Used 2015 Scion iQ Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Scion iQ Consumer Reviews

Base 1.3L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic - (2 reviews )

MY BABY!!
By Tbone

2015 Scion iQ 2dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl CVT)

I love my 2013 IQ! I bought it used this summer 2016, 60,000 miles. It looks brand new inside and out. I have always loved small cars and I had my eye on this model for some time. I drive 40 miles to and from work, mostly highway miles. My car handles great for me, has good pickup and acceleration. My normal highway speed is about 73mph and it handles like any other car I've had. It hasn't snowed yet but my car handles great in the rain so far. My car needed new winter/all season tires so I went to tirerack.com and ordered them. Great price! The one thing my car was missing was cruise control, it doesn't come standard. I need cruise control because without it I will be going 80 or 60 without realizing it. Made a call and took my car in to get cruise control added. It cost $399.00 and is worth every penny. My sister, who didn't want to get into my car, doesn't mind me driving at all now. My husband and I are empty nesters now and the back seat folded down is great for shopping or groceries. My 4 tires fit in the back for me to take them to get put on. I did change one other thing. I have a white IQ and removed the standard hub caps. My husband went online I think at hubcaps.com or something like that. I got black shiny caps with a red trim and it looks like the real rim. The hub caps are plastic and just snap on with a wire adjustment, cost about $35 for 4 caps, we bought 2 boxes in case one breaks. Ignore all the skeptics. My car handles great, rides great, is comfortable, my hubby likes to drive it, heater and A/C work so well I have to turn them off because it gets too hot or cold in a hurry, I can turn around on a two lane road with out stopping. IQ is the Bomb, I Love It. Try it and you will too!!

Best Micro Car Available! It's a Toyota!
By Joseph

2015 Scion iQ 2dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl CVT)

UPDATE TO MY ORIGINAL REVIEW BELOW: Well, owning our 2015 Scion iQ only convinces my wife and I that purchasing this micro city vehicle was one of the best purchases we have ever made. Everything we stated in our original review still holds true--even more so today. Everyday, this vehicle proves it does exactly what it was designed to do. We like our 2016 Prius, but when it comes to driving around the busy streets of Portland Oregon, we absolutely LOVE the iQ! Best decision we made. It will be with us for many years, and we are especially glad to have purchased Toyota's platinum extend warranty (eight years, 125,000 miles) due to the peace of mind we will have. My wife is constantly telling me that she has never been so in love with a vehicle as she is with her "Q". And believe me . . . we have owned dozens of new, very nice, and often times expensive vehicles over the years. And who would have thought that the iQ would turn out to be the most enjoyable one of all them!

My wife and I absolutely love the iQ. We are both 6 feet tall and find it a pleasure to enter and exit it. No more "dropping" into the seat or "climbing" out of it. And once inside, it is surprisingly open, spacious, and very comfortable. The iQ is an ingenious design and purposefully and built vehicle for getting around the city, as well as making shorter trips outside of the city (we know, because we do it quite often with no issues whatsoever). It is a high quality vehicle built by Toyota (quality and reliability). It is a very stable little car both in the city and on the highway. It is a joy to drive due to its' comfortable interior, high/upright seating position, great outward visibility, amazing agility and turning radius. Add to this the ability to park virtually anywhere and 40 mpg (we are averaging 42 mpg) and what more could one ask for in a micro car? Disregard the negative reviews from so-called "professional" automotive reviewers. They just don't "get it". They forget what the purpose of the iQ is all about. Rather . . . you should read all the great reviews by actual owners. This is the only way to get a true assessment of any vehicle--including the iQ. We purchased our 2015 iQ used, with approximately 6,000 miles on it. We love it so much that we purchased a Toyota Factory New Car Extended Warranty (eight years and 100,000 miles platinum warranty) because we intend on keeping it for many years.