Used 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Prix for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...33

Pros
Cons

Looking for a reason to drive...

SuprChrged '05 GTP, 09/23/2005

I have owned my 05 GTP for almost a month now. The handling is superb, makes going through highway curves at 70 mph a breeze. Engine is very responsive, supercharged power is there when you need it most. Performs well for such a heavy vehicle. The interior leaves much to be desired. The inside compared to competitors is dated. The exterior design had to grow on me a bit. Overall this car is fun to drive, sometimes leaves me looking for a reason to find somewhere else to go.

Wonderful car except

Marco, 11/18/2005

It's been a year since buying the GP sedan. After the first 10,000 mi with zero problems, it is clear that if GM could build all of their cars this well...

Outstanding car w/ great performance

Doug Haskin, 10/09/2004

I have had my 2004 GTP CompG for about 3 months now, and I really enjoy it. It has great performance from the supercharged 3800 series V-6 engine. IMHO this is one of the best engines ever built... GM uses it on almost all of its midsized cars, so it has been around for years and has many aftermarket performance parts available. The interior is all new, and it thanksfully is missing the plastic interiors of previous Pontiacs. The CompG package is a must as well, coming with manumatic TAPshift and Head Up Display. I would recommend this car to anyone in the market for a sedan with good power and styling.

Fast, comfortable and good value

Sami H, 12/26/2004

I just bought my 2005 GTP a week ago and I couldn't be happier! The car is fast, and surprisingly quiet - road noise is lower than in BMW330i I was test driving. With the ton of GM year- end rebates, this car is a bargain! NOTE: there seems to be a rebate on leather interior - free! I found it after checking out the list of rebates the dealer had on his computer; that's free leather until 3/1/05! Ask the dealer. I chose to take the GTP without the CompG - after test driving both, the non-CompG version seemed just as fast and nearly as responsive while having a very smooth ride. Monsoon stereo sucks - bass is muddy and undefined, power lacking; will be replaced. But overall, a great car!

Great for the Money

GPMan, 01/02/2005

I was amazed at the performance of the Grand Prix GTP. The Eaton 5 Supercharger added a lot of fun to the everyday driving I do. The four speed automatic was amazingly smooth and the interior is refined. Even though the engine is pushrod actuated, it is still more efficient, smoother, and more fun than the Toyota V6's. Toyota's overhead cam designs detract from low-end torque and "everyday" driving "gusts" that are needed to pass on the highway. The interior design is also simply and logically laid out. Materials and build quality are excellent.

12345...33