Used 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Prix for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...33

Pros
Cons

favorite car in 26 years of driving

Scott, 12/06/2009

Ok, i have had a lot of cars! 3 brand new ones and 25 used. This is my first Pontiac but I have had many GM's. The first time i drove it i new i was going to buy it. Sounded good, seats and interior are like a cockpit of a jet plane. The only negative is its really hard to accelerate without the front tires breaking loose. This is my favorite vehicle of all time. I would highly recommend this car to anyone that likes a sporty sedan with a great motor, great looks, great comfort, and a great exhaust sound.

Solid

Kurls1800, 03/07/2010

My GP has given me 5 years of great service . I did have a front rotor warpage issue early on and just decided to replace them. Otherwise, just change the oil and other common maintenance. Sad to see Pontiac end its production of Grad Prix's. Love the Pontiac red dash lights.

Impressive American Sedan

GP fan, 01/08/2006

I've put 11k Miles on this vehicle and am pleased with its quality. Its straight line performance is great for a sedan. Its steering is a bit vague, but that's compared to my compact Mazda. My 4cyl Mazda only got 2mpg's better with half the horsepower. The dashboard is a bit bland in all black, so I recently bought a Sherwood dash kit to accent it. The only other gripe I have is the door handles. They are to small and slippery for such heavy doors. If you enjoy modifying your vehicle, there are several sellers of aftermarket parts for this car. Overall, I really enjoy driving this car. I get nice comments about it's looks. I am really glad I bought American.

Get Back into NASCAR

Blacksheep, 05/27/2006

This is my second GTP Supercharged. I had a 97. Reliability on both cars (97 & 05) is terrific. Having a fold down front seat has come in handy more then once. I replaced the mufflers with Flow Masters and new exhaust tips. $400 and the car sounds like it wants to go and looks better from the back. My son-in- law replaced the air filter with a K&N filter. My only regret is that I did not know a V-8 was on the way. Pontiac needs to get back into NASCAR. I plan to stay with Pontiac and if it goes the way of Olds I will leave GM. No matter what you do to a Buick it is still the car my 89 yr old father drives and many more like him. No thanks!

Fairly Good Car overall

njoosse, 11/14/2012

Nice big car, lots of room, loads of power from the 3.8 v6. Love the exhaust growl. I always compare this car to my 04 Honda Accord 4cyl. This car has way more power and gets the same fuel mileage. On the other hand it doesn't handle as well and the fit and finish are not nearly as good. I love the interior, especially at night. Reliability is ok. Burns a bit of oil. At 100000miles, its starting to squeak and rattle, which my Honda is not. Overall a pretty good car.

12345...33