2018 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

2018 SV V6 Midnight Edition
By Jim D

2018 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I decided to move to a midsize pickup so that I could put it in the garage with my wife's large SUV (Tahoe). I compared the Frontier, Tacoma, and Colorado and decided on the Frontier. I love the look of the Midnight Edition. I went with the granite exterior and the black lettering and wheels are really sharp. Plenty of room in the front for me and adequate room in the back for passengers. I really like the track system in the bed with the movable cleats to secure cargo. The 4.0 liter V6 provides plenty of power and torque. I would like better mileage, but it is really not much less than the competition. I also like that the engine and transmission have been around for a while and have had relatively few problems. This promises to be a reliable truck. It would be nice to have a better sound system and more interaction with mobile devices, but that is definitely not a deal breaker for me. Oh, and I was able to get this truck new for less than $26k and at 0.9% financing. Tacoma and Colorado could not touch the price and did not look nearly as nice. I would definitely recommend this vehicle.

DEBATABLE VALUE
By ART BOWEN

2018 Nissan Frontier SL 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

1. Extremly skittish on rd. Do not takes eyes off the road 1 second or will wander. Crazy idiot light (secure light) flashes on dash every few seconds with ignition off, key removed or not, doors unlocked or locked, windows up or down. What does the (secure light) signify? Nobody knows. If lock pu in the garage, pu doors automatically lock after a period of time so can not leave keys in ignition. Can barely hear alarm buzzer when head lights left on , key in ignition wih door open. Dealer says non fixable. Mickey mouse design.

Second Frontier
By Chuck

2018 Nissan Frontier SL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Frontier Crew Cab. My first one, LE 4x4, was 10yrs old and I loved it. 64,000 miles in fabulous condition, until someone ran a red light and hit me head on. Insurance company gave me $17,000 for it, all true. So I knew I wanted another Frontier. Even though the mileage still stinks, it's what I wanted. Nissan fixed the turning radius problem of my 2008. The sunroof is nice and the dual climate control helps. I don't understand why there's no push-to-start yet. Ugh. I'm not a fan of leather seats, but i'll give it a whirl. If Nissan comes out with the European model in the US soon, I already have a buyer for this Frontier.

Frontier for father of two
By Andy B

2018 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at all the midsize trucks. 2018 Frontier midnight sv is a great truck. Wanted a truck I could easily park. Paid $31k which includes an extended warranty to 7 yr 100 miles. Plenty of room for me and two boys. Able to put all their sports gear in the bed.

2018 Desert Runner (Love the wheels)
By Eric Smith

2018 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at other trucks (Toytoa Front to tight for tall people and 7 to 10K more) Now there is the (Honda looked good, more toys and less bang for the buck)