Used 2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (21 reviews )

Only lasted 8 months
By Jesse

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought it used only 80k miles lasted 8 months then the entire car died ECU went out took it to the dealership They replace the computer but then the engine started knocking really loud so now I am left without a car

GET RID OFF IT BY 100k
By Ita

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My car had no oil in the car at 103K and no oil light came on at any time to warn me of low level or anything. A red car light came on to change a part in the car, then realized there was no oil in the car. At 103K engine started making like lose screws noise and shaking...did it from time to time..and at 108K miles it did this noise again and it just broke down. Did not turn back on, and had to tow it. Dealer said needed a hybrid battery and that would have to pay $475, plus diagnostics $125, and that after that they did not know yet what the damage could be until they can turn car on. Could be the engine or transmission. At this point I did not want to spend more money into it, and donated it. Got a new car, not Nissan. Hope you have better luck then I did, cuz I paid too much for time kept!!

Great gas mileage, comfortable, fun to drive
By Nick

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Car is fun and easy to drive. Terrific gas mileage but still accelerates off the line quickly. You can load many CDs on to the 9.3 GB hard drive Bose stereo system so you do not have to keep them in the car. It looks good and handles well. Plenty of backseat room for adults. Reduced trunk size due to hybrid batteries but still has sufficient space. Nissan warrants the hybrid batteries for 10 years or 100,000 miles which ever comes first. Rear camera makes backing up safe and parallel parking easier with a very clear image and an *accurate* max red line. Lots of features that all work well. Car looks good inside and out.

6 good years
By T Holland

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Six years, 150K miles and I still love my car. I got rear-ended the other day. Looking at the damage, you'd think I'd be hurt, but I'm not. I'm hoping the insurance company doesn't total my car. You'd think I'd be hoping for it, but at 150K miles, my car showed no signs of letting up. Drives well. Safe. Economical. Good looking. Not a ton of trunk space in a hybrid, but I used the heck out of mine with no problems.

Love it
By DAVID CARLSON

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This was my first Nissan and hybrid. The car is a pleasure to drive. Has room for three grand children in the back seat and with the four door model can enter and exit easily. I am glad I did not buy an SUV instead. Getting 37 to 39 mpg ans saving every day.

Roomy interior and plenty of power when needed.

None