Used 2001 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL-Class model:

My experience with the CL600
By Jomer Mascardo

2001 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL600 2dr Coupe (5.8L 12cyl 5A)

I overall love the car. Looks, performance, comfort level and it's such a eye catching car. The only issues I have had where some minor electric issues with the power window rear controler going out and the buttons on the dash they get tacky and sticky due to wear an tear. If you maintain the proper maintenance the car will not let you down and that's the bottom line.

Head Turning Style and Mercedes Quality
By BenzOwner

2001 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased this car from Park Place Bedford,TX. I had always wanted a Benz, saw this one and fell in love. This car is in tip top shape in every way. It looks brand new inside and out, and my purchase and service experiences have been the best. This dealership treats you like royalty in every way! (Thanks Brian) I do wish the fuel economy was better, but with power and performance like no other its better than expected. Sound system is top notch, and all the options are user friendly. This care is impressive in every way. Mercedes was way ahead of its time when they built this dream machine!

Every feature on this car is not only user friendly, but over the top in functionality. Love the sound system, heated/cooled seats, powerful engine with impressive performance ability, and classy head turning style.

Could use easier access to power seat functions such as massage and lumbar options. Also, better placement of the CD changer. (All suggested improvements have been changed with newer models)

Don't Do It !!!
By Ian Bourne

2001 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL600 2dr Coupe (5.8L 12cyl 5A)

I bought this car in 2003 and kept it 5 years. It was $118 new, I paid $66k, I sold it in late 2008 for $19,500. Is that a clue ? Great looking , great driving and the absolute worst reliability. Mostly electronics, although the trunk brake light popped off when my wife closed the lid gently. the V-12 side emblem broke it's plastic self off twice while I gently washed it. The car developed oil leaks, my " Nice People, Nice cars dealer " quoted $9,200 for that. Suspensions tend to collapse also I was told. When we sold it it only had 42k miles on the clock. Oh, We also replaced a computer fuel feed unit, $1,400. You'll fall in love but be ready for an expensive divorce !!!

Looks, Driving

Get some Japanese car company to design and build your electronics. How about a 7yr/100k warranty ?

Loved it and love it still
By pinkfloyd1962

2001 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have my car since new. It has been a nice experience and I have decided to keep it, instead of trading it in for the new 500. I like the styling of my car much better. It is dark blue with light grey interior. I have not had any trouble with it. The only thing now that I miss, is the right connection to my IPOD which I have to do with the FM transmitter, which is not stylish and unreliable. My car is pretty, fast and chic and I would not change it. The only things I have done are the regular mantainence programm and not at the MB dealership, but with a specialist for european cars, cheaper and better.

Design ( interior and exterior). Engine ( smooth and responsive)

More competitive price foolproof radio

Great Car CL 600. Truely a flagship.
By Sherif Tewfik

2001 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL600 2dr Coupe (5.8L 12cyl 5A)

This CL 600 is the most recent mercedes I have acquired. Traded in an E55 for it. They are very different cars, but both are extremely quick. The CL 600 truely lives up to the designation of the flagship of the Mercedes line up. The finish and workmanship are on par with any S class sedan.

Extreme stability on the road, you feel that you own the road.