2020 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $3,781
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Mazda CX-5 Signature is worth every penny.

Jack S, 02/01/2020
Signature 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The Signature model CX-5 has excellent turbo performance and acceleration, and intelligent cruise control that start and stop automatically at stoplights, with sign recognition even and 360 degree cameras to view all around the car for parking and passing. Apple play allows me to play my 2500 songs with no problems and it knows when to auto-connect when I enter the cabin. The sound system rocks. The driver's seat adjusts up, down, back, forward, with lumbar and multiple pre-sets. On the road, the car is quiet and corners great! I have nothing but praise for my CX-5 Signature so far! I got silver for the fact that my last silver car (a 2003 PT Turbo) had no parking lot damage after 15 years of parking lots! I couldn't be more pleased with the looks and performance so far. Gas mileage is not super while most of my driving is just around town but I plan a freeway trip from L.A. to San Francisco to see what kind of mileage it can have on the open road, while with Turbo power we can still run it on regular or use premium for even more horsepower in Sport mode. Handling is great! The steering wheel is adjustable and extendable. The interior of my car is refined with wood accents, USB access, and I am still learning all the bells and whistles, including keyless entry, with multiple driver seat adjustment settings. This 2020 Mazda CX-5 Signature is the best SUV I have ever owned. I do not work for Mazda, but am a retired telecom field manager who spent 40 years on the road across the US. This car is luxurious! It is a long term investment as my reward for saving so long for a new car. I bought my wife one, too! So far service has been great, too!

Fun to drive and excellent value

Peter B, 02/11/2020
Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Traded in a high mileage ‘15 Forester and couldn’t be happier with the CX5. I got the Touring with the option package which includes the sunroof, power lift gate and Bose. I immediately took it on a 1600 mile trip from DFW to ATL and back. Its a comfortable car for long trips with great road feel. I was always cruising at about 75 to 80 mph and it never felt sluggish or underpowered.

The best in the segment!

Raul B, 07/16/2020
Grand Touring Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Very comfortable riding, handling, and response. The interior is beautiful, as well and the exterior design. Good visibility and lighting. Good sound system. Its up to date electronically. And I love how fast the suv could be when I need to. I have no remorse at all in this purchase! Number one suv in its segment for sure! If I would add something, it would be just one thing: a panoramic sunroof. I love my Mazda

Ad
Build Your CX-5
At a Glance:
  • 6 Colors
  • 7 Trims
  • $25,370starting MSRP

Sporty SUV

Ontario , 03/24/2020
Grand Touring Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Excellent over all. It is a sports car with practically. Sharp brakes, execellent steering, great pickup, smooth transmission and nice ride. I would like Mazda to make it a bit larger and seat can use more thigh support. I also got a good discount. Still the best in this category. It was this or the 2020 escape sel with 2 litre turbo. Nothing else could match these 2 SUV. The escape driving dynamic are similar but the Mazda interia is better.

Worth every penny

Happy Mazda Owner , 01/05/2020
Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Grand touring. Upgrade from cx5 sport and worth every penny. Looking forward to my commute every day. Terrific handling. Acceleration is sporty. Braking is smooth. Seating is comfortable. Plenty of room. Excellent safety features. The car almost drives itself. Put it on cruise control and it slows down - to a full stop with the cute holding brake on if necessary (like behind a car at the red light) and speeds up all by itself. Great temperature control, heated seats make such a difference. 2 programmed settings for drivers seat make sharing the car super easy. I’m so glad the USB ports are relocated to the console cup holder. Apple car play is a breeze. Can’t think of a single negative. My old 2016 Cx5 has a TSB technical service bulletin for sticky parking brake which is why we turned it in. Hope we won’t find the same problem for this one. I love it!

Excellent fit and finish

John C, 06/23/2020
Signature 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Excellent fit and finish, traction (AWD) and acceleration (turbo model). The heads up display is very good but depending on how you sit it may not see all the info. Adaptive cruise is slow to react (no where near as good as Fords) Emergency braking is slow to react then over reacts Very good steering and cornering. Napa leather seating very nice. Rubber floor mat on drivers side looks worn out when brand new. Lack of cargo net on top of the line model disappointing Excellent sound system (Bose speakers) Infotainment screen only displays one function at a time, for example if it is on GPS you don't know what radio station you are on and visa-a-versa Lane keep assist very passive

Heads up display

Nick H, 06/23/2020
Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Spend the extra scratch for the heads up display. The whole vehicle is incredibly intuitive but the HUD puts information in your line of sight. I’ve never felt safer on the road.

Why didn’t I buy a Mazda sooner?

Vicki McKiel, 02/22/2020
Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

If you want a small SUV that handles excellent and is a blast to drive go test drive a CX-5. I did and went back to buy it the next day. Thank you Mazda and Edmunds for the research and reviews.

So Far, So Good

Bigboy42, 07/10/2020
Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Our 2017 Jeep Cherokee 75th Anniversary was beginning to have some issues (not uncommon from what I have read), so we decided to trade. We typically do quite a bit of research when we look for a new car. After reading reviews and watching countless videos, it came down to the Mazda CX-5 and the Hyundai Tucson. We have owned a Tucson, and we loved it. We are also fond of Hyundai's reliability and warranty. The styling and positive reviews of the CX-5 made it very attractive. Ultimately, the fact that the dealership we used offers a lifetime power train warranty was the difference. We have only had the CX-5 for a couple of days, but so far we love it. The 2.4L engine in the Jeep was vastly underpowered, and we travel up and down a steep road pretty often. The Mazda has plenty of power.The CX-5 Touring also has a very nice interior. The leatherette and suede are soft. The seats are very comfortable. All the materials used in the interior have a very high-end feel. We have the preferred package with the power lift gate, the moonroof, and the Bose sound system (Amazing!). Compared to the Cherokee, which was comfortable, and well-optioned, the Mazda's interior has a luxury car feel. My wife even directly compares it to her mom's Lincoln MKC. She thinks it is just as nice, and the seats are better. The Mazda's options come at a great price point. The only other option we wish it had is memory seats. There is a big difference in our heights! So far, we are loving our new Mazda! I'll update in a couple thousand miles.

Great Small SUV Mazda CX5 Grand Touring Trim

Paul M, 07/19/2020
Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just reached the 10,000 mile plateau on my Mazda CX-5 and I still love it. Nice and tight feel when driving it around turns. Comfortable leather seats and quality trim inside. ACC is fantastic! Best of all is I drive mostly in-town and get over 27 mpg. There are some areas Maxda needs to improve upon: The BOSE needs a lot more BASS, it's very weak. Overall, the electronics are not JEEP Cherokee caliber and the rear camera is weak. The variable rain adjusting wipers are a joke, but this may be true on most cars and the infotainment screen needs to be larger, Mechanically this car is top notch and the ACC makes it a true Highway Star!

12345...8