Used 2001 Mazda B-Series Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used B-Series for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Somewhat Costly To own

palmettophil, 04/17/2013
2dr Cab Plus B3000 SE 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Had the car since it was new and now has 70000 miles on it. Had to replace the factory tires at 25000 miles and did not think much of it. I use this for light duty personal use with no off road or hauling. The original ball joints cracked at 40000 miles and were upgraded to better ones with grease fittings. The transmission was rebuilt at 69990 miles. The steering wheel cruise control was replaced due the disintegration of the original equipment (Common across ford and Mazda trucks).

Glenn

glenn05, 03/03/2003
2dr Regular Cab B3000 SE 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I like the truck, but it has had some reliability issues. At 30,000 miles a windshield washer fluid hose busted, and my main seal was leaking. After I got it back a couple sensors failed and caused my check engine light to come on, and my maifold was leaking. When I took it back in the dealership replaced the sensors, manifold and they found that my main seal was still leaking and they had to replace it again. Because of all these things my truck was in the shop about 4 times in 2 months. I also do not like the brakes on this truck. I had a few occasions were when I needed to stop, I'd slam on the brakes and there would be very little braking action.

I Liked It

Mojo, 01/26/2010
2dr Regular Cab B3000 DS 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I haven't had many problems. I had to get the ball joints on the front replaced and new rotors. I cemetric pabs on when I changed the rotors and new tires. I also have a hard shell cab on it. I avg my miles almost every time I get gas and it comes out to 19mpg combined which is fine with me, I knew when buying a truck I wouldn't get great gas mileage. I want a GMC Sierra 1500 ext cab now only b/c its bigger. I wouldn't mind keeping this as a daily driver though.

Enjoy the ride!

Defer, 10/24/2003
4dr Cab Plus 4 B4000 SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Little bouncy on the ride. Little thirsty with the gas. Steady driver and a warm vehicle in the winter. Reliable performance at all times.

Damn good truck

Happy Zoomer!, 07/07/2002
2dr Cab Plus B3000 DS 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The truck is tall! I like being up just a little bit in a pickup that is sold as 'small.' I find the truck is a smooth ride with the michelins that replaced the FS that were on it when I bought it.The transmission is smooth, and the power is enough for me (I traded in a 95 Isuzu Pup) I haven't done any off road stuff and proably wont since that isn't my life style.