Used 2015 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used 3 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

First 3 months have been great. Update

mortar1, 06/13/2015
s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I'm a two car guy and passed on one of my cars to my sister and decided I needed a second to go along with my BMW z4. For the past 20 years I've used Subarus as my second car and have loved both of them--a Legacy and then an Impreza. It took me a year or so to decide on the Mazda 3 though it was a front runner all along. I wanted to get another Impreza but it had less horsepower than my 2009 model, and I didn't want the CRT transmission. BMW 3 series was high on my list--but I just couldn't justify the cost against the 3. The driving dynamics are almost as good and there are just so many more features, particularly safety, on the Mazda. It's a lot of fun to drive. Update: I've had the car now for over two years, and have some things to add. It's hot in Texas and I'm amazed at how good the air conditioning functions. The car still handles superbly and is a pleasure to drive. The surround sound music system works very well. People note that it still has that new car smell. Pickup is excellent! The seats are very comfortable on long trips. One oddity is that if the door windows are wet, as from morning dew or rain, and you lower and raise them, the water is not wiped off. Brakes are excellent. I remain amazed at how good this car drives--the handling is lots of fun and I never tire of getting it. Of the features, the ones I especially appreciate are the backup camera, blind-side monitoring, and keyless entry. I will have these features in all future cars. My gas mileage is not great--26 or 27 mpg--but most of my driving is in the city and I tend to have a heavy foot when the light turns green. If I drove like a normal person I'm sure it would be much higher, cause I actually tried it. Also, driving on the highway provides great mileage. One last thing--transmission is first rate--it's so much better than driving a cvt transmission. My other car is a manual--and I probably won't return to a manual if I've got an automatic as good as this one.

UPDATE: April, 2017: to old review.....

ajax13, 10/07/2014
i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

We traded a 2012(27k miles on it) for a new stunning 'red' 2015. Wife loved her old 2012 & had no intention to trade it in, until she drove the new one! Here are the reasons why she did: stunning body design & 'red'(gorgeous!!)color; ride is even smoother & still tight/no body lean in corners; interior is like a BMW=simple & elegant; great Nav system & placement on dash is excellent for driving & easy eye check off; loves the 'HD' Bose stereo system=is killer sound!; more room inside/drivers seat wider & more ergonomic=verrrrry comfy on long trips!!; in 2012, got 41-42mpg on highway, & 32mpg in city...this one on first 350 mile trip up WA mountains & back, got 44mpg!! & gets 34mpg in city. ....UPDATE- 2.5 years later, with 23,000 miles on it now........ Well, the car still is as great as the first review!!! Still getting same gas mileage, with city combo & highway trips! We did a CA trip, 700 miles each way, & got 44mpg on one leg & cruise control set at 65 mph (flat & a third in mountains); then, on way back, tested as set cruise at 75mph, & got 45mpg!!!!! Go figure! What a great highway cruiser!! Wife drives it all week to work, so combo city/highway driving, & loves the ride, & safety feeling! She loves the side radar alert, as it has seen cars when she has not. We both love the back up radar alerts, and the back up camera, that the 2012 model did not have. Now, can't live without it....lol. The ride is great, as smooth, but firm ride....like a BMW. Is a better suspension than the 2012 model, as can feel the changes...& a prime reason too for trading in old one for this new model, after test ride, & no plans of trade in, as wife still loved her 2012 Mazda3. But the test ride & all the new features, made it no choice for her...lol. Mechanically, been flawless & no problems at all...just normal services. Also, the new "Soul Red" color, is just stunning!! She still gets complements on the color, 2.5 years later!! And I never liked red cars too, until this color...changed my opinion....lol. So....a reco....if ya thinking of this car....do not hesitate! Go test drive it against all others in the class....hands down the best!! And, 2.5 years later, still the most fun car ever owned/driven...& have driven/had some hot cars in the past too...like BMW, Nissan 300ZX, Volvo sports sedan, etc......this one still best over all ranking, imo! Some others had snazzier features, but overall & all in all, this is the best package ever owned. Our older car is near the end of it's 20 year life...& looking at CX5, to replace the old Ford Explorer....as it has most of same features, & ride, as Mazda3. Looking forward to it in a year or so. ..... :)))

2015 Mazda 3 Sedan 2.0 Auto

rallen1980, 05/22/2015
i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Overall, I like this car. Excellent gas mileage, and it manages that delicate balance of having good ride and good handling. Alloy wheels, independent rear suspension, 4-wheel disk brakes...lots of features for the price. The 2.0 is a bit underpowered, but I was shopping fuel economy and reliability, not price. There's always the 2.5 if you have to have power. I don't. I love the interior in this car. The big knob and flatscreen are pretty easy to get used to. Exterior styling can be described in 3 words- Drop Dead Gorgeous. Update: After owning this car for a year, I have only one complaint. The stock tires are worn out after 25,000 miles. "Fuel Efficient" tires will end up costing you way more money than you could ever save using less gas when they have to be replaced that often.

Top+ Safety, sporty, versatile, and highly fuel efficient

newenglandguy, 05/12/2015
s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The Mazda is a pleasure to drive, with an eager engine and responsive and precise steering. On the highway with adaptive cruise activated, the car is on its way to driving itself; all we have to do is steer. Or, if we take more assertive control, the car lives up to its Grand Touring name. And, we’re very comfortable either way. Mazda undersells their engine technology. They have boosted thermodynamic efficiency by increasing the compression ratio to near-diesel levels, achieving near-diesel fuel efficiency on regular gas. Oh, but without the particulates, and while retaining the “zoom, zoom.” Our Mazda’s blind-spot warning beeps for mall shopping carts, and for dicey lane changes.

Saved my life

nfp, 01/16/2015
s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2015 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring sedan just after a crash that totaled my 2014 model with the same trim. I was T-Boned at full speed on the driver side by an SUV. The impact spun me 360 degrees and across the divider in opposing traffic, and I was hit on the other side by an oncoming car. My car was creamed. But side, curtain and front airbags cushioned me in nano-seconds, the frame held up enough, and my automatic 911 system triggered a call through bluetooth while I was still figuring out what happened. I slid out from under the airbag, out of the car, and stood there shaken but absolutely unhurt, not even sore. A 5 star safety rating? You bet! No way I wasn't getting the 2015! ADDENDUM, JANUARY 2018. Exactly three years and, yes, 88,000+ highway and downtown city miles in, my heavily-used 2015 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring remains a workhorse. Aside a few occasional electronics bugs and one loose rear panel problem that was fixed, the car remains reliable, comfortable, and still very much a pleasure to drive. And it still looks great. I can only assume the newer year models are just as good if not better (especially with better road sound proofing, which would be helpful), and accordingly I would highly recommend you give the 3 -- especially the top trim with its remarkable add-ons for the price -- serious consideration in this class.

A Fun, Practical Car for Anyone

jmoyer11, 05/22/2015
i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Owner of i Touring hatchback w/ 6-speed manual for 6+ months. I have had no issues & I enjoy owning this beautiful car. I've averaged 33.1 mpg overall with an assertive driving style. I can say that I do NOT regret choosing the 2.0L engine. It is quick & punchy. The only time I have noticed a lack of power was when I was hauling 3 other adults & their luggage on hilly terrain. What sets this car apart from the competition is its driving dynamics. It is a more fun & engaging drive with excellent steering feel. It is confident in corners & feels very light. I absolutely love this about the 3. Other cars in its class fall short of the 3 here. Its quality exceeds its price tag.

STILL love my 2.5S GT with 6-speed manual!

Doug Gilmer, 10/29/2015
s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We bought a 2015 Mazda3S GT with 2.5 liter engine and 6-speed manual to replace a 2013 Toyota Corolla. The Corolla was a fine car, great mileage, solid as a rock, and will run for many years. But it was BORING to drive, like a good solid recliner rather than a fun driving experience. We also have a 2007 Mazda3 hatchback with 2.3L engine and 5-speed auto that is a wonderful car, still looks, runs, and rides great with 200,000 trouble-free miles on it (I've put new suspension and brakes on the car, but those are wear items; everything else is stock and original; it's on it's 6th set of tires). We decided to keep the 2007 Mazda, sell the 2013 Corolla, and got the new Mazda. What a fabulous ride! We live in central-western Virginia where there literally are NO straight roads, many mountains, just awesome driving conditions and this car is an absolute hoot to drive. My wife is tiny and prefers the fit of the 2007, feels the 2015 is bigger, but she enjoys driving it as well since the driving position is very adjustable; I'm 5'9" and 170# and the 2015 fits me like a glove. We live 15 miles from the nearest town so most of our driving is to town and back on two-lane roads with frequent longer trips to the beach or the city. The car is very comfortable for long rides with pretty two-tone ventilated leather seats (fronts are heated) and climate control, satellite radio, Bluetooth, CD, USB, coupled to a 9-speaker Bose audio system for entertainment. Once we read the manual and figured out the GPS system we enjoy having it on longer trips to unknown areas, but generally don't use it on a daily basis. We had the windows professionally tinted when we got the car and feel that enhances the looks and protects the interior, plus makes it more comfy to drive on hot sunny days. I love to ski and have driven it over some very dicey road conditions with ZERO drama; the ABS, traction control, and stability control are awesome. This car has 18" wheels and over 6 inches of ground clearance so that helps in snow. Driving in the rain is drama-free as well with the automatic wipers which work flawlessly, the auto-on headlights are great (amazing range and brightness), and the active headlights that steer with the car are fantastic for the twisty roads we drive. I can't say enough about how the car handles - it is very stable, very responsive, very smooth, but precise and sticks to the road like glue. The six-speed manual is as slick as it can be, we just love driving it, and it will hold it's speed in the mountains very well. We have gotten far better mileage with it than advertised (the automatic is rated even higher). The car has plenty of power so you don't have to run through all the gears but can skip a few, i.e. shift 1 - 3 - 5 rather than run through the full gearbox and I think this helps gas mileage by keeping RPMs lower. If you need the power, it's there, very fast from a stop to speed or from highway speeds to passing speeds. The brakes on this car are also fantastic, very strong without being abrupt, and combined with the ABS and suspension help slow the car with precision and confidence. Finally, the fit and finish is top-notch and we think it is a very nice looking car, inside and out. If this car is as reliable as the 2007 I will absolutely love it for a long time. UPDATE: We now have 70,000 absolutely flawless miles on the 2015 Mazda3 and it continues to impress with performance, comfort, and economy. We have not had one single mechanical, electrical, or other issue in the 3.5 years we've owned it; the car even still has the original brake pads and they look like they will go many more miles! We have Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires on it and have noted that the car rides quieter on rough asphalt than the Dunlops that came on the car. I've seen some complaints about ride noise and agree to a point, but I must note that this car has stiffer suspension and high-performance tires on it to make it handle so beautifully and those components will transmit more road noise than a "softer" riding car. I don't notice it enough to even comment on it unless the road surface is extremely rough (chip seal, etc.). The car handles superbly in all conditions including snow and is a joy to drive on the very twisty, hilly roads we have in Virginia. We are still getting 35 to 36 MPG overall which I feel is awesome given that the car is generally driven like a race car, ha ha! I put a trailer hitch on if for a bicycle rack and pulling my motorcycle on a single-rail trailer and the car has plenty of power to do those tasks with ease. We love the car and highly recommend it.

An Awesome Little Car

M. West, 04/01/2016
i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this back in May for my wife and I. We really like it a lot. It was in an accident that smashed the whole front end when my wife was driving and the airbag saved her from any injuries. I and others thought it was totaled but the repair company knew better. They stripped off the fenders, hood, and bumper and the rest of the car was just fine. Now we have it back and it's like nothing happened to it. I think that speaks to the safety of this car. The Good: 40 mpg on long trips / 30 in town on average Tight handling and directional stability Not bad to look at Update: 10-29-18 This car could be perfect. I have done the following to try to fix it's shortcomings: 1. move interior rear view mirror to a safer location. It was placed so far down toward the middle of the windshield that it blocked a lot of the view especially to the right so you don't even see a car approaching from the alley...so I moved it way up to near the top of the windshield. 2. Front seat is like sitting on lawn furniture. there seems to be no padding. So the wife sewed me up a cushion that she made of matching tan cloth. Inside I put bubble wrap as padding but has to be replaced once in a while. It feels fine now. These two minor yet important issues cause me to wonder how some people who buy these can stand them. With these changes I like the car very much. It is a very good looking car to my eyes and has great steering. The engine is very frugal with gas and the body is aerodynamic which lets it maintain a fast clip without much effort. Rear view camera (can't stand cars without it now) The engine and trans work seamlessly The not so good: The light from the taillights seems small & inadequate like taillights from 1972. They need to upgrade this to 2016 standards. The front seats need a tad more foam cushioning. I had to make an air cushion pillow out of bubble wrap to sit on. The biggest gripe: The rear view mirror is placed way too low so it blocks my view to the right. I will move this somehow because it really sucks and I can't believe they think this is O.K. I mean look at every other car on the road and there is nothing this stupidly placed. Update: 4/27/17___________>>> Hi, I case you care, I like this car. It has "grown on me" so that I like to drive it every day instead of my 4Runner. It handles better and get much better mileage (33 vs 17 mpg). The 4Runner has a plusher ride and is more relaxing, however. The power to weight ration could be better as its not even as good as my 4Runner(but hey the mileage). With the high winds we have here it doesn't even move from the hardest wind blasts. I use Mazda's oil as it is one of the highest rated oils (Idemitsu Oil Co). My opinion is that it has a timeless design that is very restrained so it will look good for many years. Mazda took a group of these cars across Russia to Germany from Japan in a shakedown test and flew them back to Japan where they where disassembled and analyzed. Something is right with these cars that a lot of people just don't appreciate. Go figure. The new Scion now Toyota iA is actually a Mazda. Update for Oct. 2019: I still have this car and it is holding up well. It is very economical and looks pretty good.

Still really like the car 60K miles

R Nieske, 07/12/2016
i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Car has been great. Love it. Best looking of the Mazda 3's

Just Purchased

lithium76, 06/08/2015
s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was the owner of a 2013 Mazda 3i Touring, the 2015 S - Grand Touring is a HUGE departure. The interior and feature are that of a much more expensive car. I've owned an Audi, BMW and Lexus, and the fit and finish rivals them, not to mention, the $2200 tech package includes items that would cost 2-3 times as much on a German car. The 2.5L is punchy and has a nice note to it. I am VERY happy with this purchase.

Bad electronics

Kelly, 07/20/2016
i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This car has alarm, navigation and Bluetooth issues. Alarm goes off while driving, navigation turns off while driving and Bluetooth never works properly and often drops. Very disappointed of the cost of this vehicle.

Roads are meant to be conquered, not driven

RML, 10/19/2016
s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for two years. It is an amazing car to drive and an incredible value. You who are considering buying one can judge for yourself the driving dynamics and crisp shifting. as the car roars through curves as the engine growls and revs smoothly delivering power to the wheels and feedback to the driver. You can judge for yourself the intelligent and comfortable design for the driver - the visibility, the heads-up display, the heated leather seats and thoughtful location of HVAC and entertainment system. But what would be less obvious to you is the access to the oil drain pan and filter. Mazda installed a cover under the entire engine compartment. To change the oil, you remove a small access panel and beneath is easy access to both the oil drain plug and oil filter. While you who don't change your own oil may not ever access it, it speaks to Mazda's attention to detail and engineering prowess. If Mazda will put that much thoughtfulness into accessing the oil drain plug which most people won't see, you can rest assured they have put that kind of attention into the rest of the car all drivers will see. The car is seriously underpriced and is a much better value than MSRP. This is my first Mazda, and after owning this Mazda3, I am convinced that for Mazda, roads are meant be conquered not driven. Enjoy! UPDATED: I've now owned this car for nearly three years. I've put just over 32,500 miles on the car. It is still a wonderful automobile to drive. No reliability issues. Tires still have about another year's of treadlife on them. All of the equipment is working as new. If I had quibbles with the car, I would note three, all of which may be addressed by the newer model. First, the car comes equipped with rain-sensing wipers. Usually, this works well, but sometimes it is slow to activate. Not a big deal. I can manually activate the wipers. The windshield wiper stalk could use a better indication when it the auto-wipe feature is on. It's easy to miss that when you finish driving the car. The car also comes equipped with a walk-away lock feature. Usually, this works well but occasionally it doesn't activate. It might conflict with the mobile phone in my pocket, but I'm not sure. Finally, the power-window switches could be lighted. But these are quibbles. The car has been a pleasure to drive, and I would certainly buy another Mazda again. These are designed, built and equipped well beyond there price range.

An Awesome Car That Drives and Looks A Lot More

Scott, 07/26/2015
i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Please take this for granted because I've had my Mazda 3 iSport for only three days and am VERY MUCH in the honeymoon phase...this car has blown me away. Every time I walk by the car, I swear it's a Lexus or Infiniti. It looks nothing like a compact car. It drives, handles, and looks like a mid-size six cylinder. My 2010 Ford Focus SE wasn't a shabby car, but oh my goodness...the 2015 Mazda 3 blows the water off of it. I would recommend this car to the moon and back. It's perfect for me and also...41 MPG AND 155 HORSEPOWER?!?!? Wow. That's a lot of car for the money you pay for. If it helps anyone reading this I test drove the Chevy Cruze and Kia Forte. As soon as I test drove the Mazda 3 I had to have it. It feels so premium.

Bimmer on a Budget.

mimazdaman, 01/21/2015
s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just turned in my 2012 Mazda 3 GT hatchback which I thought was a great car . . . practical but sporty. My few minor complaints have been addressed by this new model. Better styling, particularly up front. More power , especially when in sport mode. Six speed transmission. Really wanted the manual, but left that to my Miata. Back up camera. Shopped this car against a BMW 4 series Grand Coupe. Almost as much car at half the price! 1/23/2018 Just completing 3 year lease . . . can't say enough good things about this car. Good looking, sporty, practical and reliable. I have had no problems with this car. A bargain at $26,000 for a fully loaded Grand Touring. It would be perfect if they offered all-wheel drive.

Great value

tomlovescars, 03/27/2015
i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

So far, the car is great. averaging 31mpg overall with a 50/50 mix. the car is easy to drive with a light foot. I have the tech package, the bose stereo is a big upgrade from standard, and the automatic climate and sunroof basically make the car 'loaded' I was worried the 2.0 would not have enough power, but it is more than sufficient, and now I think I would push the car harder with the 2.5 and get crappier gas mileage.

The Very Best Bang for your Buck out there!!!

Stacy, 09/23/2015
i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This car is so loaded with safety features that when I traded my 03 Jeep Gr Cherokee I insurance actually lowered!!! This car has features that you would find mostly on the high end cars. Blind spot monitoring, rear back up camera, cross traffic alert and that is just to name a few. I drive 20 miles to work each day, and the gas mileage is spot on. I love the car overall and would buy this car again if i had to do it all over again!

Good but not Great

Luke, 08/31/2015
s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Like: 1. The eye-catching exterior design. 2. Simple minimalist interior layout. 3. Responsive and peppy engine and good steering. 4. Relative good fuel economy. 5. Safety technology(blind spot monitor, Back-Up Cameras, cross-traffic alert, Heads-up display) Dislike: 1. Dashboard cracking noise and popping plastic noise (been to dealer three times and have parts replaced twice, but still cannot reduce the noise) 2. Prominent road and wind noise 3. A-frame pillar blind spot 4. Headrest is hard and too Far forward. Long distance driving will cause sore neck(neck pillow doesn't help much).

Suited my family perfect

meshiaia, 04/24/2015
s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We shopped for 2 months, doing a ton of online research and test driving all vehicles we could find from 20-30k price range. I drove Honda, VW, Acura, Toyota, Subaru. Really wasn't interested in any other brands, almost went with a subaru. I discounted Mazda pretty early on as the salesman showed us only the mazda i which felt really under powered and was all around unimpressive for the money to me. We went to a different dealer to drive the 3s 2.5 in the Grand touring package and it was love at first drive. I love the look of it, the interior quality soft touch feel everywhere, the intuitive layout of the controls. Best of all is the drive. I own a Mazda3 Speed and this is just as fun.

2015 Mazda3 ITouring 2.0L Manual

dmc15, 04/29/2015
i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've had the car for 6 months now. Car is outstanding for its class. I get 36 mpg on average. Tech package (Bose sound system, moon roof, side view monitoring) really adds value. Regular 16" tires offer a pretty smooth ride. Fun sporty car to drive.

Value, Quality = Mazda

MagDillane, 11/05/2015
i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2013 Subaru Impreza manual transmission for this Mazda Touring. What an upgrade after a disappointing ride in the Impreza. The first thing I noticed on the test drive was the quiet interior and smooth riding. Everything, I mean everything, is superior to the Impreza. The motor is quiet, the shifting is solid, the handling excellent. Larry, the salesman, was not your typical glib, putting a spin on everything salesman. I've had the car for three weeks, and as I learn more and more about the car and its special features, I realize what a value this car is. So far so good. Highly recommend.

Delighted With MY Mazda 3

Wade LaPan, 12/12/2015
i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my Mazda 3 at the end of July, 2015 and have been delighted. I'll start with the single slight negative: the A-pillar is thick, and the rear view mirror is sort of big, low and close, so that I have to move around a bit to get a good view, especially on left-hand turns. But I can get used to this. Positives: awesome gas mileage of about 38 mpgs in combined driving, which is twice as good as the 2001 Taurus I was daily driving. Noise, I agree, is subjective; the 3's road noise is greater than the heavy old Taurus,s, but way less than a rental Chevy Spark I recently drove. I find it tolerable. Suspension is similarly in-between, and quite adequate. Styling is pretty cool; not as cool as the RX-8, maybe, but close. I'm a '96 Miata owner -- haven't tried to drive the 3 in a sporty way, but figure it would hold its own. I tried the mode where you can manually shift the automatic transmission, but will need to practice that, as it seems confusing in contrast to driving the manual Miata. I wish the display would tell you, when driving in that mode, what gear you're in. Maybe it's there, but I don't know where to look for it?

2015 Mazda 3 S GT 4 door Review

Ryan, 04/03/2016
s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After driving this car almost every day for 3.5 years, I love it just as much as I did the day I bought it. The only complaint I've ever had is the noise level, but its hard to be fair to the 3 when comparing it to a Mercedes G wagon, Acura MDX, Infiniti G37 and/or Porsche Panamera! Great vehicle.

Mazda 3s Review

Danny, 10/29/2015
s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my second Mazda3, I previously leased a 2011 s Sport which I loved. This time around, I cross-shopped this car with the VW GTI, but decided on the Mazda, based on value, interior design and technology. So far I've really enjoyed the car, and have no issues. Pros: adaptive xenon headlights, design, connect/nav system, fuel economy, steering. Cons: road noise is very prevalent (seems to be common in all Mazdas), lacking some small details from 2011 model; i.e. no interior ambient lighting, visible dual exhaust outlets, or subwoofer. Overall this is a great car for the money, and feels premium behind the wheel. Happy with my decision! Update: I’ve had my Mazda since November of 2014, and will be returning it in February when my lease expires. Overall, driving this car has been a pleasure. It looks and feels just as great as the day I got it. If you’re looking for a car with lots of style, luxury features, and good handling, I would definitely check this car out. It has been great for me as a 28 year old with no kids, and no need to haul things frequently; if you’re looking for a spacious car, this is not it. Mazda continues to impress me, and if I was still in the market for a new car, I would most definitely check them out first.

Upgraded from 2012 Mazda 3 iGT

GaryODS, 12/31/2015
s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We had a 2012 Skyactiv GT Hatchback that we liked very much. I had seen the new 2015 on the street and just stopped by the dealership to compare with what we had. To attain the comparable trim level we needed to go to the sGrand Touring hatchback. WOW what a difference. I'm 6'6" tall and this is my wife's car which means I ride in the passengers seat often. The first HUGE change I haven't seen mentioned before - the dash in the 2012 tapered in toward the center console. Sort of defining a personal area for the passenger EXCEPT for us tall folks. This meant that I had to ride with my legs always pressed toward the door. Big bumps and the fear of and accident forced me to protect my knees in this riding position. In the 2015 the dash goes straight across, this alone would have been enough for me to agree to the upgrade. There seems to be more head room also. Cargo area is about the same even though the styling makes the car appear lower and wider. The 2.5 SkyActiv engine's additional torque makes a difference, it's smoother and more capable in town and doesn't require the high RPM's to get this extra oomph and it does less shifting to maintain speed on the road in cruise control. The 2015 also is quieter, and has a more solid feel (like doors the close with little effort and less road noise). We bought our 2012 with the Technology package, the 2015 sGrand Touring came with all those upgrades and more. The rear camera parking assist is useful, the added utility of the cross traffic backup sensor has also saved us stress. The dashboard display is so much better than the dinky display that was embedded in the dash on the 2012 (pretty much useless). The audio system is also improved, the bluetooth has been upgraded, with a smartphone as your music source we enjoy road trips more. All this and the sale price that was only $91 higher than the price of the new 2012. Seemed a no brainer to us. *** Update 1/2020 - We have had no issues with this car mechanically, the only issue was the tires (Dunlops) which weather checked and had separations at the point where the tread and sideway meet. This happened @ 30K just outside the warranty period. This struck me as strange because the car has always garaged.

Zoom Zoom - Great all rounder

Chopper, 02/15/2016
s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned this car (Mazda3 S GT hatch) for a little over a year; and so far it's been a great car all around. It's really an awesome vehicle for the class. The driving dynamics are excellent (fun to drive and handles well), and the steering is most precise I've ever used. Mazda is also still willing to offer a manual for us enthusiasts to enjoy. The interior is really good, especially for the class, and I find it comfortable. Mazda did a really good job with the gearbox, the shiftier feel is good, especially for a cable shifter. The engine is very good for a 2.5...you can keep it down low if you want mileage, but if you keep it above 3k you can really throw yourself around. Still smooth near the readline. What's so great is you get all that in a package with excellent utility (if you get the hatch), and real world MPGs that match the sticker. You also can, for a reasonable price, get all the important options (Xenon headlights, seat heaters, blind spot monitoring, rear camera, etc) that previously weren't in cars of this class. I haven't really had any issues with the infotainment systems, I think they finally sorted that out. My only gripe is that I wish the car had better tires from the factory, but to be honest, I have never found a factory equipped tire I liked in any brand. You can always get a better tire, and for less. Sure, you could get another Japanese brand, but this one is a lot more fun. You want this car? Go get it. 08.24.2016 update - So far, not a single problem. Great car. 02.27.2017 update - Still no problems, still really happy with this car. 08.28.2018 update - Same as it ever was, still a great car, still no problems. 02.28.2020 update - Same as it ever was, still a great car, still no problems. 08.28.2020 update - Same as it ever was, still a great car, still no problems.

Good value for the money.

SoOC Car Enthusiast, 06/15/2016
i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Bit more money than Civic, Corolla, etc. Drives like a sports sedan not an economy car. Slightly noisier than competition but driving experience more than makes up for that. Interior has rich, high quality feel. ZOOM ZOOM is more than mktg. slogan. Have owned for more than 1 year and 12,000 miles. 36 mpg average, not bad considering I drive fast when able.

40,000 miles a year driver

Drew, 06/25/2016
i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

As you can tell I drive quite a bit, I've had this car a little over a year and have 41K miles on it. Am I happy with this purchase, sure am. Has a few quirks but all in all pleasantly surprised. I've owned probably 20 cars or more so I have tried quite a few. I got the smaller motor due to my driving tendencies and the annual mileage I drive and after a year and 40K miles I pretty consistently average around 35-36MPG can I get more, sure, can I get less, also true but I would consider my driving....spirited. I also don't run on the 16" wheels on this model the grand touring i hatch back, I ordered with the car the mazda 18 wheels as on the GTS as I personally though the 16" wheels looked well less than adequate in the wheel wells. Bluetooth is actually quite good, radio not so much, fair in regards to reception quality, quality of sound on this model however is top notch. Use a CD or pandora, you'll never worry about the radio reception. Again bluetooth quality is top notch however on some rare occasions (maybe 10-12 times in the last year and more lately) caller will drop off without notice and entire entertainment system will actually fully reboot as if you started the car. Albeit it rare it can be annoying, dealership says they can't recreate the issue and I said yes because it is rare. In any case once rebooted it is back to normal but it happens on average 1-2 times a month lately. Other than that I wish it had more power and the excessive wind noise at speed (which is actually quite loud comparatively speaking) I have no issues, if you like to drive...this is the first compact I would consider a driver's car. So much so that I am actually thinking of trading it in already for the S grand touring manual model.

happy to report mileage update in revised review

chuck williams, 07/01/2016
i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

bought the mazda3 hatchback on basis of unanimous positive reviews, the extra cargo space in square feet from the sedan, and the skyactive engine which purportedly yields 40 mpg highway (in hatchback version w/ the 2.0). turns out that even with very conservative driving habits and driving mostly highway miles, I am AVERAGING 30mpg. sometimes I can nudge avg mpg to 32+ on a very good gas tank week, but most weeks it's 29-30 mpg, about what I was getting on my (2008) mazda protege sedan in mostly stop and go miles daily down the famous route one corridor from Princeton to Piscataway. needless to say, despite loving the feel of the car and its road hugging capability, I am left w/ a bittersweet pall of disappointment that I have not progressed to a more economical car in my 2015 version of the 3. also feel like i didn't get a good deal from the dealer. I was naïve to not get the fact that I was duped w/ the promotion offered at this dealer site. the sale off offer was NOT based on the sticker price on the car, but on a dealer prep charge not mentioned during our haggling. furthermore, the car had to be returned to the dealer after week one b/co f a faulty connection w/ the radio antenna.....I was pulling in only one clear radio station ! the dealer was as miffed as I as to why I was getting such horrific mpg on my car, and the mechanics had no solutions, so I am destined it seems to have to fill up after 320 or so miles....needed a fill-up after 400 miles in my blast one, and it seems the tanks are the same size (mfr says 13.5 or so, but dealer thinks it is closer to 12. does anybody out there really know what the gas tank size is on this car? This is an update on first (above) review. my heart sang when I took my 3 on a Michigan trip this fall, packed to the hilt with wife, dog, bedding and food/toys for dog, food/drink for people, etc. etc. SHOCKED to discover that I got 40 mpg on trip out(39 on return trip)! seems as though this car thrives at sustained speeds (w/o stopping) averaging 79mph! I was apologetic to my sweet mazda for c/o the mileage before. never again.

So disappointed with my 3rd Mazda purchase

dD, 01/20/2018
s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We bought our 3rd Mazda in 2015, since we were very happy with the first 2 models (one Mazda 5 and one Mazda 3). Pretty much right from the get go we noticed severe quality differences to the first 2 Mazda's we have owned. Within 1 month of having the brand new car one of the plastic hinges of the arm cushion over the center storage area broke off clean and need to be replaced. Pretty soon after that 1 of the small knobs that hold up the string of the hatchback privacy cover broke and needed to be replaced as well. About half a year into owning the car we notices hairline cracks inside the display on the center console. We did not think to much about it and waited, unfortunately too long, it turned out. When the cracks got more severe and were now starting to impair some of the information displayed on the screen, we went back to the dealership. There we were told we were just too late, that our warranty had ended in the meantime and that we would have to pay for the replacement of the screen (around $800-900). This was very disappointing/surprising news, since the cracks are clearly within the screen and not on the outside, which makes it clear, that it must be a production error and not our wrong doing. After talking to the service supervisor at the Mazda dealership we purchased the car from, he took some pictures of the screen and said he would talk to Mazda direct and ask if there is any possibility of us getting a screen replacement through Mazda. Unfortunately that was the last we heard about that topic. Acknowledging that we should have gone to the dealership within our warranty period, we cut our loss and gave up. Over the next 2 years the display continued cracking and makes our car now look like an old car. The software that is displayed on the screen is completely malfunctioning. While being dialed into a radio station the car/software starts skipping through all the buttons on the screen changes our station to one specific station. When we then try to dial back into any other station the same thing happens all over. When we use the phone function the software presses the mute button on its own over and over throughout the conversation which makes it impossible to carry on any phone call. This is extremely frustrating when I am on a business phonemail. The cars software has also dialed into the settings on it’s own while we were driving, changing settings on it’s own. All this is very dangerous since it all happens during driving. When you are alone in the car, you can’t pay attention to battling the cars software or what the car might be changing in your settings, while still paying attention to the traffic. When we went back to the dealership with this problem we were charged $163 for a software update (which I quite frankly would have expected to be free). The car performed fine for 2 days and then started doing the same thing all over again just a lot worse. There are moments were the controller doesn’t even let us change anything manual anymore because the software is so rapidly skipping through items that at this point it seam like a hazard to drive with this car. After having gone back to the dealership again, we were told that the problem scan results need to be sent to Mazda in order to evaluate what it is that is wrong with our car, but most likely, they said we might need a new screen or module for the screen which would run is around $800-900. And all this after just having spend $163 for a completely useless software update. To say the least we feel very let down by the dealership as well as the company Mazda and have decided that this will be the last Mazda we have purchased. We also don’t feel like we can recommend the brand to our friends and family anymore since there ha been such poor help/service. Everyone that gets into our car comments on the cracked screen and is shocked to here that our car is only 3 years old.

Perfect for city/hwy sporty commute

shouravv, 09/29/2014
s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The Mazda 3S sedan certainly feels very sturdy compared to my previous car, a 2010 Corolla, specially when taking sharp turns, changing lanes in busy traffic, or simply when a speeding tractor-trailer crosses you. The brake is super responsive, and the acceleration is decent without the sport mode turned on, and superb in the sport mode. With the 18" alloy wheels, thin tires, and sport tuned suspension, the ride feels very sporty (to be positive) or stiff (to be negative). But I guess that's a matter of taste. In rush hour (50-55mph), I average about 41mpg. At off-peak freeway (70-75mph) or in local traffic (35-40mph), it is about 35mpg. Very decent numbers for a 2.5L engine :-)

Premium Compact Sedan

golfchamp1, 04/27/2015
s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my first Mazda and so far this car has been nothing short of outstanding. With a wife and kid on the way I needed something practical and affordable but also sporty and fun to drive. This car really fits the bill. Driving dynamics are superb - quick acceleration, excellent handling, pretty smooth ride for a compact, and I'm averaging 33 mpg. I went with the red exterior and almond interior and have received many compliments on the styling. It honestly feels more like an entry-level luxury compact than a regular compact, at least in the GT trim level. I've only had it for a month so can't speak for reliability. This car is just a great balance of luxury, sportiness, and affordability.

Glad I got the Manual!

Jackson, 10/23/2015
s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Have the 2015 2.5 s touring w/manual trans, which evidently was the only year one could get the 2.5/s version with the manual. Lucky. Only driven about 2,500 miles so far, but overall MPG is 34.8 (city/hwy combined). That is based on the actual gas consumed / trip odometer (i.e., not according to the fuel economy "app" which, interestingly, always indicates a couple MPG's lower). Note: I noticed an abrupt change in MPG lately, which I assume is due to the switch to the winter gas (last few fill-ups: 36.5; 37.2; 36.2; 32.5; 33.4). Anyway, I agree with most reviewers about the fit and finish, look, and feel of the car. All excellent. The one thing that surprised me most (in the negative column) is the lack of automatic lights. Even my stripped-down Corolla had that feature! After all those years of never turning my lights on or off, I know I'm going to head out without my headlights on at some point. So strange to leave out such a feature, especially since it's not only convenient, but also a safety feature. Bottom line: Great car at a great value.

Best car in its class! Value for dollar is huge

Brandon, 10/29/2015

I am very pleased with my Mazda 3 Grand Touring S Sedan. Dollar for value

Fun to Drive

Henry Blank, 11/17/2015
i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I think this is a very good car in many respects: Excellent fuel economy, fun to drive, great electronic driving features, love the rain sensoring wipers and rear cross traffic alert.

Noisy car

Nelson, 10/29/2015
i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I understand that noise perception is a subjective thing. Most drivers may not be bothered by the amount of road and wind noise in this car. To me, the amount of noise in this car is unhealthy, and I worry about long term exposure to this kind of noise. The noise level is "acceptable " when driving at low speeds. If your commute includes driving on freeways and interstate highways, the trips cease to be enjoyable. I can't imagine taking this car on a long road trip. The premium Bose sound system seems to be a contradiction of sorts. It does little to mitigate the noise, and the audiopilot is essentially useless. On the other hand, you can't really appreciate the premium sound system because the car is so noisy. One can appreciate the excellent quality of this sound system only if the car is parked. I understand that there options to decrease the noise in this car, but that would involve considerable expense, which I am not ready to spend after paying for a new car. For now, I've resorted to placing an ear plug in the left ear, and keeping the right ear open for safety reasons. With less noise, the car feels premium, and is a pleasure to drive.

Like they say - excellent value and ZOOM ZOOM

Samantha, 02/20/2017
i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is a great value. I drove a Honda Civic for a while, but it felt very puny and wobbly on the highway and when handling curves or driving in the rain. I traded up to a used BMW so I got used to firm handling and a safe, powerful ride. That's the Mazda 3, but way less money and no expensive, frequent maintenance because it's not overly designed. The standard transmission is the smoothest I've ever encountered, with an amazing anti-rollback feature for when you're stopped on a hill. The interior controls are so easy to operate. I've had no repairs so far. MPG is great. I haven't been keeping track of the specifics, but I rarely fuel up. It's really zippy and fun to drive, but it feels incredibly solid and safe, like a bigger German car and not like any other smaller car I've driven (Corolla, Civic, older Mazda Protege). Excellent in the city and excellent on the highway. No problems with light snow and heavy rain. CONS: The cloth seats are not the most comfortable on the market, and my experience with the standard transmission is being the driver is a much better experience than being the passenger.

Almost like an Audi

newmazdaowne5, 12/14/2014

I have had my hatchback for a month and am very happy with it. I am getting 34 mpg in mixed driving. The 2.0 has adequate power with the 6spd. A little more power on the freeway is nice, but 3rd gear does the job. The ride is very smooth and interior noise is less than my old GLI. Overall this car feels like the old generation audi A3 but with more features. This quality and interior feel is very good for the class. Handling is good with a compliant enough ride. The technology including blind spot monitoring and navigation is absolutely worth it on the GT trim. I don't know why anyone would not get the hatchback version.

Zoom Zoom Indeed Version 2.0

GBA47, 08/07/2015
s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

In June of 2010 wrote in enthusiastic review of my then new 2010 S Sport hatch with manual transmission. Some changes in my financial situation allowed for an upgrade. In November, I purchased a 2015 SGT hatch with tech package. The most obvious improvement is in the quality and materials of the interior. The front, forward of the B pillars would not look out of place in an entry level luxury car. The Almond / Black seats look fantastic, and are all day comfortable too. The car is considerably more refined, most notably in the quietness and power delivery of the engine/transmission. The gas mileage is a major improvement too. I'm getting 24 to 25 MPG around town, and 37 plus on the highway. While I don't hot rod as much as I used to, I don't hyper mile either. I run at the speed limit at the least and most of the time with the AC on. I only have a little over 6,000 miles on the car and since the 2010 continued to improve in this category until 15,000, I would expect it continue to improve. The car is overall is smother, a bit quieter, a bit better riding, and a more relaxed cruiser. What hasn't changed is how the car drives. It's as fun, engaging, and satisfying as the 2010. Even though I'm a life long manual transmission fan, I'm really starting to like the paddle shifters. The problems, a noisy right rear shock was replaced under warranty. The infotainment system has had its share of issues. None of these has shut the system down completely, and all either cured themselves or were cured by shutting the car of and restarting. I've been told by my dealer that a major OS revision is in the works. Complaints, a little more sound deadening please. What happened to the door storage pockets, and who shrunk the center console?

What an awesome sporty car!

Karen, 10/23/2015
i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have only had my 2015 Mazda 3 hatchback for about 2 weeks, but I am totally in love with this car! This is my 3rd mazda(had a Mazda Protégé years back, and just traded in my Mazda MPV minivan). I wanted a smaller car now that my kids are getting older. All of my Mazdas have been great and this one takes the cake! What a fun car for the price! Looks like an expensive car for a smaller price. Love the detail stitching inside the car. Still getting used to all the bells and whistles on the car since I have never had one with navigation, Bluetooth, etc. Love the 4 free months of Sirius also. The ride is so smooth, and goes over bumps nicely. Goes around corners smooth too. I am loving the sunroof and heated seats as well. So much for your money with this car, and how can you go wrong with a Mazda? In my opinion, they are the best made cars out there. I would highly recommend this car to anyone!

New Car Owner

mememe9, 04/08/2015
i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Only had the car 4 months. But generally pleased with it. It is slightly wider and taller than a Honda Civic, but a little shorter. Nice to be a bit higher up. Good sound system. Controls nicely designed, though all the do-dads take a bit of time to get used to. Only knocks as far as I'm concerned are the back seat is a bit small and so far the mileage has been disappointing. However the car is still getting "burned in", so the jury is still out on that one. I've had the car now for a little over 3 years. Still functioning well. Gas mileage good on the highway, but at best average in the city. It is a nicely designed little car. As per above, the back seat is a bit tight. Okay for small kids. But a bit of a squeeze if you have tall adults. It has a GPS I never had installed. That probably isn't a great buy as after 3 yrs you pay for map updates. I can't see that feature having a long life what with GPS in phones now a days. So I'm glad I didn't take it. -------------------------------------------------------------------- Update Oct 2017 Car is still running quite well. Milage? 5.5 - 5.3 Liters/100 km under "ideal" conditions highway; 7 - 8 Liters/100 km in the city. Car has a reasonable amount of horsepower under the hood so you can boot it if you want. Overall, no problems. Car has approx 29,000 km.

Mazda 3 Rocks the Segment

Andrew, 05/18/2016
s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

From the moment I drove off the lot to now, almost one year later, I absolutely love this car. It's pleasant to drive, has a premium feel, and beautiful design in and out. It's a solid performer, but this little engine that could is held back by the fuel economy focused manual transmission gearing. Still, the shifts are satisfying and clutch feel is pretty good. First and second gear can be a bit tricky, but it does at least hold itself when starting on an incline. Interior design is upscale and shows good restraint in design. It's just flashy enough, with some shiny bits and soft touch plastics. I do love the front and center tach, and the red stitching throughout. The seats are comfortable and supportive, and interior room is ok. The back can be a tad tight if you pack four adults into this car. Gripes are minor. While I appreciate the heads-up display, I'm annoyed that there is no way to turn it off. You can only stop the display, but the panel will remain lifted which makes little sense. If you're not in your audio screen in the infotainment system, you will not see what station you're on or what song you're listening to. Lots of other cars can accomplish this, so I was disappointed when I realized this car can't. The infotainment system is otherwise great, when it works. System crashes and random reboots are more frequent than I'd like, however. Overall, this is an excellent car with minor glitches and quirks. This is my first Mazda, and I tell anyone I know to look at Mazda for their next car, as they truly make a superior product.

Love it Except....

Tom, 09/26/2016
i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my Mazda3 hatchback a year now. I love the car with the exception of the navagation and rear view camera. The first problem was the navagation which is a TomTom. I prefer Garmin because I think it is easier to work. The TomTom doesn't cancel the trip when you turn off the car or even after you reach your destination. If you forget to cancel the trip it keeps trying to get you to the last destination. This isn't really so bad except once you start out again you can't cancel until you put the car in park. Not horrible but an easy fix for Mazda. The real problem after about 6 months, the rear camera broke. Dealership spent four hours trying to fix it before they decided to replace the whole unit display which took another two hours. It was cover under the warrenty which was fine. Now yesterday the camera broke again one month after the warrenty expired. Calling the dealership today and hope they will fix for free. Love the car not so much the electronics. Update: I have now had the car for 2 1/2 years. It took Mazda four tries to fix the camera problem. This was not the dealership but Mazda who insisted replacing every part but the one the dealership and I said was the problem. Cost Mazda more money trying to save money. Still 2 years later I still love my car. Update: The car is now four years old. I have 24000 miles on it now. I know I don't drive much. Love the car and have had no problems since the camera was fixed. Update! I have had my car 5 years now with only 25,000 miles and haven't had any other problems. Still love it.

Great Car

bonanza301, 04/17/2015
i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Got this car in Oct last year, its been great to drive! I love it.

The best...maybe not! But probably fun-to-drive!

Tee Nguyen, 02/27/2016
s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have it for 6 months. It still drives like a dream. Trust me! It can put a smile on your face in every corner you drive. The handling, it's perfect. The styling, OMG people around keep looking at you like they want to ask what car it is. The 2.5 engine is pretty strong in this car. I got a S touring (not the top trim). It missing some tech like LED light, real-leather seat... but it still has leatherette seat, navigation, 2.5 engine, paddle shifter, big screen, blind spot monitoring... You cannot find any with those tech around 23k$. Maybe you can but not that price. If you want to know anything bad about it, it's the noise and vibration. But I feel it mostly from the tires, those Dunlop tires that they gave me. It's good in performance but not for daily driving. It can gives you headache.

Honda/Acura loyalist switches to Mazda

rcn, 08/18/2018
i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

In 2015 I gave my wonderful and reliable 1996 Acura Integra sedan to my daughter, and searched for a hatchback that would compare favorably to it. I was disappointed until test driving the Mazda 3i and immediately falling in love with it - as I had with both my Integras (the first was a hatchback bought in 1986). Mazda managed to improve both performance AND gas mileage (40 mph on freeways), on its 3i, which is zippy, has a great turning radius, and has excellent safety ratings. It's truly fun to drive and a great value.

Mazda Drives Like it Mazda

Steven Wiker, 04/25/2016
i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

My only regret is that I don't have adaptive cruise control, assisted parallel parking and Apple Carplay. Other than that, the car is a dream.

Buyer Beware nothing like the earlier models

Daryl Nitz, 03/10/2015
i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The 2015 Mazda3 is a hassle to drive. It is nothing like the 2012 Mazda3. It is problematic. The radio/navigation does not work well at all. It can NEVER be turned off, just muted. It freezes up, restarts, deletes favorites, and is overall poorly designed. Mazda offers very little solutions. On top of this, the MPG is grossly inflated. I have not gotten over 30mpg ever in 5 months. I typically average 27-29mpg. The gas tank is smaller than the 2012, so total range is less than 400. The 2012 would have a range of 500-600. I am so disappointed that I let my 2012 go for this 2015.

Great little car

Jim, 06/04/2016
i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

After driving this car for a year I am very satisfied with its performance. I get about 38mpg when I take care not let the car idle for long periods. With mileage like that you can't expect strong acceleration except possibly with a turbo. Ride and handling are exceptional for this size car and I really like the styling .

Zoom Zoom at it's best

Kyle J, 02/07/2017
s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

My 3HB is a blast to drive. I just love getting behind the wheel of it and push it to its limits. The engine is powerful, with great responsiveness. Fuel economy could be better. The front seats are very comfortable, but finding a good driving position has been troublesome to watch the play of the center mounted Tachometer. Plus, the heads up screen gets cut off, making seeing the speedometer difficult at times trying to find the perfect driving position. The Navigation screen is placed high enough, but doesn't show very many characters on the XM radio screen, sun glare is often frustrating, and you can't zoom in on "up-to-date traffic". This car handles much better then my previous 2012 i sport HB. I have to admit Mazda makes a great car, I would love a few changes. It is hard to find cars with a manual transmission. No electric, hybrid, or all-wheel drive option.

Great Car, Useless Navigation

Gordon Egger, 10/26/2017
s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love this car overall, but the navigation is near useless. In town the system often won't allow input of your address because it can't find it, and I'm not talking about new areas of town, it often can't find addresses that were built 20 years ago. In some cases it makes you turn the wrong way, then make a U-turn to correct itself. I almost mounted the Tom-Tom from my other car on my dash for a 3600 mile road trip recently, but I thought it might be better in other areas. I wish I would have used the Tom-Tom, it is so much better than this system, and it cost me less than a hundred bucks! Mazda, your navigation system is an insult to an otherwise great car!

51050