Used 2011 Mazda 2 Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mazda 2 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 2 model:

Mazda 2 not for you
By Richard Davoust

2011 Mazda 2 Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Interior quality very cheap

Bought new 2011 and still love it
By Rachel

2011 Mazda 2 Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

80k mi and they only thing new is 2 front tires and oil. Sure I would like a little more power but otherwise it is exactly what I need - a car that reliably gets me from A to B cheaply. I am surprised how well it has retained value. You can barely even find one for sale!

More than what I expected
By cbrandon

2011 Mazda 2 Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car a month ago for commuting to work after the old s10 sprung several oil leaks and wow. People complain its slow obviously the don't know how to shift and double clucth. Turning off tcs and putting flat on the floor will get you to 60 in 7-9 seconds depending on how you shift. The fuel economy? Ive put 1000mi on my car and with premium gas and a somewhat conservative foot I average 30-33 mostly highway. The interior is actually fairly comfortable for a economy car I have a magnaflow exhaust and new intake order for the car which cost all off 200$ and it will more than make up for the "lack of get up" everyone complains about. For a used 10,000$ car holy cow its nice. Now I love my drive home

Happy with M2
By rjfinva

2011 Mazda 2 Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Don't know what people expect. If you are looking for a high end expensive sports car, shop on! With the 5 speed, this car has more than enough get up and go, and is a blast to drive. First gear could be a little taller. Seats are frim but nit uncomfortable. It handles like a go cart, and rides like one too, that's the car's design! It holds the road like glue, but picks up all the bumps. I live in Hampton Roads, VA, mostly highway driving, and with premium gas (which I recommend for performance) I average 38 mpg if I drive conservatively. Get a K&N air filter for the performance tweak, it's worth the money and the filter saves $$ in the long run as it is washable.

Great handling, tranny, mileage.

Taller first gear, maybe a 6 speed tranny manual and auto, more sound insulation (c'mon, Mazda, how much would this cost).

Automatic transmission is terrible
By grayliner

2011 Mazda 2 Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The car is great, but NOT with an automatic tranny. I would have bought the stick but my wife can't drive a stick. I miss my Echo, that was the best car I've ever owned.

The ride is fine. But getting out into traffic is dangerous. The acceleration is very laggy. There's a delay. Going around corners is sketchy because throttle control is a guessing game. You step on the gas and it's a crapshoot what's going to happen. There's no gradual acceleration, it hits - reminiscent of a 2-stroke dirtbike.

The cruise control buttons are my least favorite of all the types I've had. The fuel economy is not what I'd expect from a tiny car. The driver seat is all the way back and I'm 5'8".

I like the solid rubbery ride, don't mind the way you feel the road or even the road noise. Good steering and braking. Comfortable seats. Price.

New auto transmission. Better cruise-control controls. Give us 2 keys and don't charge $400 for a second key - rude!