Used 2005 Lincoln Navigator Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Navigator for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Looking to buy my third

bernermom5, 11/06/2011
Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I ordered my first Nav sight unseen, 1999...first year of production.. My only disappointment was the second row did not fold flat. Loved the color, cashmere. PERFECT color...never looked dirty. Next 1 folded flat, was a 2005. Had to settle for a lighter color, French Silk...FABULOUS Navigation system...the first was great and the second even better. Intuitive. Not enough cupholders upfront, really wonderful ride. We have 128,000 miles on it as we drive back & forth from South Carolina to NY and it's always a pleasure. It doesn't get more comfortable. Also love the 6 CD player. New models only have single. What's up with that??? Now in the midst of negotiating my 3rd. LOVE IT! (obviously):)

Love my Navigator <3

Vinnie, 09/30/2015
Ultimate Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Absolutely love the Lincoln Navigator this is my 2nd one and I also had the Aviator. I can't say enough about it. It is exactly what I look for in a car. Very true lincolns quote from the 90s which they should still use ..Lincoln ..what a luxury car should be. Anyhow it's wonderful it's just about everything combined into one. Luxury of a sedan the towing of a pick up truck and the room of a minivan. Navigator I believe has to be the best car on the road ..aside from the rolls Royce phantom of course although it has the inspired grill so there you go. The options on the navigator are above and beyond its competitors. Love the keyless entry code pad I use that all the time . No key needed to enter the car! Love how the seats fold flat in both 2nd n 3rd row . It's comfortable no matter which seat you seat in and driving is great with the air ride suspension. Heated and colder seats Are one of my favorite options along with the parking sensors would not know want to do without them. The mirrors tilt down ward in reverse , can be optioned with power running boards that step out with the door opens , power third row seating folds down , power Lift gate , amazing sound system for The radio and DVD player. I love the car. Could Never imagine not owning one. It's A head turner for sure everybody loves it and always have attention driving or parking it. Mine is in the pearl tri coat best color with the light ivory interior. Now for The cons first is the gas ..i currently am getting only 12mpg however you pay for what you get the quality is unparalleled . The navigator does not have get up and go acceleration because it's so heavy so don't expect a sport car. Lastly the navigator is can be difficult I. Parking lots , drive ways. Most parking spots barely accommodate the navigator properly usually it's tight and risky. Minimum Matniance never needed anything out of the ordinary. Dealer service is superb Anyways 5 stars ! American made luxury full size suv best in class forever!

Solid.

t328, 01/13/2013
Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This was my first car, and overall, it's been outstanding. The timeless exterior and interior design are, in my opinion, more attractive than the latest generation. I haven't had trouble with rattles or squeaks, and all of the trim pieces have been extremely durable. It's been very reliable, just a couple of minor fixes here and there. The driving dynamics are reminiscent of a much smaller car, and the acceleration is impressive. The air ride suspension makes Texas dirt roads feel like the Nurburgring. Naturally, fuel economy is a pain; I usually get around 14 mixed. However, I drive pretty assertively and use regular gas. Overall, fantastic vehicle, I just wish I could afford the gas.

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT

Rick, 11/07/2009
Ultimate Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a 2005 fully loaded ultimate 4x2 navigator in September 2009. I had two jeeps and a fully loaded dodge ram pickup prior to this navigator and there is no comparison. I love my navi. It drives like a dream the engine is powerful and smooth. Love the air suspension fills like your riding on air. I will drive it until the wheels fall off and then my next car will be a navigator

Awesome Truck

Melissa, 10/01/2010
Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

My navigator is almost 6 years old with 125K miles. Only major repairs so far alternator (Jan 2008) and had to replace rotors twice. Tires lasted 100k+ miles. Truck still rides like new. This is my second Navigator and I would not trade it for anything.

fordwarrior

Mike Smith, 11/11/2006
Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have been a satisfied Ford product owner for 50 years. I have owned a 2004 and a 2005 Navigator and have been very disappointed in their fuel economy and the quality of construction. The 2006 has had transmission problems from the day it was delivered and it took 17 months for the dealer to get the problem corrected. The brake rotors had to be turned at 7,000 miles, replaced at 10,000 miles, turned again at 27,000 mile and replaced at 30,000 miles. This is on a vehicles that has 95% highway mileage on it. The master brake cylinder had to be replaced at 32,000 miles. The 2006 model is much noisier than the 2005 in terms of wind noise and engine/road noise.

Not worth the operating cost

Homer Gaines, 08/26/2005
Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

The gasoline milage of this vehicle is far below what was stated on the sticker. Lincoln says it's my driving habits, but whether I use a feather on the accelerator or not, it still gets 8 MPG in normal driving, and the best I have gotten on the highway is 14MPG. And that's with a mighty tailwind!

3 Great Years

Mark L, 07/25/2008
Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Our Navigator is 3 years old with 45,000 miles and has had no issues. The maintenance is very inexpensive but definitely is not fuel efficient, averaging around 13 miles per gallon. Very pleased with this purchase will likely keep this one for at least another 45k miles.

"14 years old and still breaking necks"

Mr.LincolnAJ, 07/19/2019
Ultimate Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

My first Navigator model was a 98" when they first came out. I wasn't to impressed with that one. However when they redesigned it in 03 it was a must have or at least I thought so till they created the 05 version. The 05 is the same as the 03-04 model except it has cleaner lines. For example rectangular fog lights, and the side moldings on the door are more smoother. The power retractable running boards are also color coded to match the truck on the ultimate trim level. My Navi is a beautiful pearl white with the original 18" chrome wheels. Off white leather with the black trim around the edges really looks amazing. The wood dash with the nickel plated accents still make this car feel modern. It will be hard for me to find something that interior can compete with this old school luxury lol. The THX system still sounds clear as day, just wish bluetooth or aux was an option back in the day. However I added the aftermarket Bluetooth kit which works ok with the stock system. Today she just hit 198k and the only major things I replaced was the air suspension system which commonly fails on these trucks, spark plugs which I did at 120k and an A/C regulator / blendoor to make the air blow out of the dash vents. Of course there's regular maintenance items like brakes, batteries etc. Nothing major though. I love Love LOVE this truck as it still rides and look new as I try to baby it. I just recently purchased a 2018 Expy limited and the ride still doesn't compare. The 05-06 Nav was ford's best built luxury model SUV. If you're in the market for one and can afford the gas ("Premium Only") I would give this a look. They're pretty cheap now for a late model, just make sure you replace the suspension with the coil spring system and you're good to go. I will truly hate it when the old girl dies !!!!

Navigator #2

bk183, 11/02/2008
Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I like the look of the Escalade a little better but after test driving 3 different then the 05 Navigator there was no comparison. The Navigator out handled, was quieter, smoother ride, and just easier to drive. Big improvement over my 01 which was no slouch. I have to say, so far this is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

51050